Boot space question from an about-to-be-zed-owner

malross

350Z coupe (2003) boot - big enough for a suitcase?

I know the question's a tad on the "It depends..." side, but what do people generally think about the boot space? I'm picking up my Zed tomorrow and will also be ferrying a friend (plus luggage) back from York to Newcastle. She initially said she'd have a suitcase (of unspecified size!), but has also offered to stuff her things into a rucksack instead. Any tips?

I can honestly say that suitability for carrying suitcases wasn't high on my list of priorities when I took it for a test-drive the other week... :mellow:

Cheers,

Mal.

Ive always found it pretty big.

I went to the Isle Of Mann earlier this year and we got 2 cases & loads of other stuff in the boot. Ive also managed to get 8 crates of beer in the boot :teeth:

It all depends on the way that you pack it in :)

Ive always found it pretty big.

I went to the Isle Of Mann earlier this year and we got 2 cases & loads of other stuff in the boot. Ive also managed to get 8 crates of beer in the boot :teeth:

It all depends on the way that you pack it in :)

+1 its not the biggest boot but ive had a fair few things crammed in there. If the case is the right size it will fit snug under the rear brace.

I can get a golf bag, trolley, overnight bag and briefcase in mine relatively easily. :thumbs:

Not the same as a suitcase Jim. :)

I collected my mother from the airport not so long ago and had no trouble fitting her large suitcase in the boot. On the other end of the scale my mother had to take my brother to the airport last Christmas as his case wouldn't fit.

If it's slightly taller then the gap under the strut bar you'll be fine. Anymore and you've no chance. The rear wiper motor sticks down into the boot causing more problems.

What I've done when I've needed to collect or drop off from the airport, is I take a blanket or large thick beach towel, and put the suitcase inside that and then lower the suitcase in the back behind the strut bar, then you don't risk scratching anything. Usually the smaller stuff carefully placed in the middle between the strut brace and the sound system area.

take a blanket or large thick beach towel, and put the suitcase inside that and then lower the suitcase in the back behind the strut bar, then you don't risk scratching anything.

That's what I did too. I put the towel on the strut to allow you to slide the case over the strut. At 20kgs at full arms reach it is heavy!

Get a holdall! Much friendlier on the plastic in the boot, lighter to carry as well!

On a side note, I've managed to get 10 bags of food shopping in my boot (in the physical boot behind the strut).

Loads of space! Just lucky we haven't got a S2000 boot!