Photo editing software

Humpy

Got a nikon D3200.

Really wanting to get to grips with the camera and the potential it has.

Have used Photoshop in the past but that was messing around with some video editing.

Just curious if there was other software out there for solely photo editing that is worth considering.

Just grabbing Photoshop now and a couple of tutorials.

I use Lightroom 5 for cataloguing and 95% of editing work and highly recommend it.

I dont bother with Photoshop, but use GIMP 2.8 for any technical stuff or things I cant do in Lightroom, which is a free download.

I have heard of this mentioned a few times. Keep them coming folks.

Depends what you want to do. Photoshop will do everything, but it's a big install and learning curve. Bit of a waste for quick touch ups, crop and resize.

ACDSee is good for most things

Irfan view is like ACDSee but free and better I think.

Coral Graphics Suite is like Photoshop, so there's a learning curve there.

Gimp. Like a free alternative to PS. Really good too.

Edited by Juggalo

Lightroom is what I use for the vast majority of pictures buddy, quite a reasonable price really too. I also use Perfectly Clear as a plug in quite frequently too. I have Photoshop on my Mac, but there just isn't any point in using it the majority of time.

Enjoy the camera :thumbs:

• Like 2

Lightroom is what I use for the vast majority of pictures buddy, quite a reasonable price really too. I also use Perfectly Clear as a plug in quite frequently too. I have Photoshop on my Mac, but there just isn't any point in using it the majority of time.

Enjoy the camera :thumbs:

Cheers mate. Might give lightroom a go first before installing Photoshop :thumbs:

Good choice Steve if you go for Lightroom. If you haven't already bought Photoshop, then I'd try Gimp first as its free.

A good monthly mag to read if you are into NIkon gear like myself, is NPhoto, which only deals with Nikon stuff and techniques so no other distractions.

Just thought I'd mention it while I was here....you may already know about it! :)

• Like 1

Good choice Steve if you go for Lightroom. If you haven't already bought Photoshop, then I'd try Gimp first as its free.

A good monthly mag to read if you are into NIkon gear like myself, is NPhoto, which only deals with Nikon stuff and techniques so no other distractions.

Just thought I'd mention it while I was here....you may already know about it! :)

Thanks for the heads up :thumbs: Bit of a noob when it comes to photography so any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

Personally I use The Gimp. It has pretty much all the functionality of Photoshop but people coming to Photoshop to The Gimp find it awkward as they're not used to it. If you start with The Gimp it's the same going the other way as well. Unless you're used the Photoshop I'd go for Gimp.