Dangerous driving

Flex

Some lorry driver just really made my blood boil with a seriously dangerous overtake maneuver, got his reg, is there any point reporting?

Yes report it but according to most members it was probably a cyclists fault..... Sorry couldn't resist.

Do report it. We had a few near misses with an Audi last year, same stretch of road. Tweeted the police the details.... Haven't seen the car since.

As fodder will attest to we've seen more than enough bad lorry driving around the Chester area to last us a lifetime......last one on friday resulting in an ATS van being split open like a can of beans front to back and the driver killed by a careless lorry driver.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some lorry driver just really made my blood boil with a seriously dangerous overtake maneuver, got his reg, is there any point reporting?

Fit a dashcam and the evidence is there on memory card.

I've fitted one in my Zed and all my company vans because of incidents like yours, wouldn't be without them now

Is it just me or is the standard of HGV driving getting worse in this country?

SuperStu I agree about informing employers but I'd also inform the police.

I actually sometimes think the employer may not give a toss, if he's making his deliveries etc on time what do they care.

If the driver is an habitual offender and he's reported several times I'd like to think the police will do something.

The incident Ricey refers to is awful, I think the person killed was actually the elderly male driver of the car according to the local paper. Car and ATS van on hard shoulder and a HGV wipes the van out and pushes it into the car and continues down the road from what I could see from pictures.

Almost everyday I come across an incident involving a HGV and a car. 9/10 the Truck is LHD and has moved out into the right hand lane, hitting the smaller vechle. Too many blind spots and lack of driver care/attention in my opinion.

OP, if you think it's worth reporting then do it. As some other members on here have said it would probably make more of a difference if it was to his Boss, rather than police.

While I worked for Co-Op one of our drivers was filmed almost killing a cyclist and when the cyclist caught him up at light he gave the cyclist a load of abuse. All posted up on uTube and the driver was suspended but Union got involved and he was back driving after his paid 'holiday'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I worked for Co-Op one of our drivers was filmed almost killing a cyclist and when the cyclist caught him up at light he gave the cyclist a load of abuse. All posted up on uTube and the driver was suspended but Union got involved and he was back driving after his paid 'holiday'

That's horrendous and why i say it should be reported to the police as well as his employer.

As I said earlier I think some employers turn a blind eye to that sort of thing as long as the job is done. He could also work for himself...... Report to authorities every time. Next time it could be "you" he hits head on.

Edited for terrible typing.

Edited by Fodder

That's horrendous and why i say it should be reported to the police as well as his employer.

As I said earlier I think some employers turn a blind eye to that sort of thing as long as the job is done. He could also work for himself...... Report to authorities every time. Next time it could be "you" he hits head on.

Edited for terrible typing.

One of the many reasons why I left when they gave me the option, ethical company my ar$e!

• Like 1