Just drove a Porsche Carrera S...

zippypooz

...Not long enough to see what it does but, gotta say, i wasnt too impressed with the interior!!

I compared it to the Zed and have to say i prefer the Nissan interior...and the driving postion.

Obviously im not going to slate its performance as thats tried and tested but for a car like this, i was expecting

a more luxury finish inside!!

Just saying! :snack:

For me the wh ole point of the Z is t hat it is an old school sports car in coupe or roadster with a sweet tuneable engine and great chassis whereas 911s,or audi tts or BM Z4s are aimed at different buyers

No doubt that's true, but those different buyers would demand a high quality interior I would have thought.

My mate who's driven his boss's Carrera S said that my z is more comfortable :)

Not knocking the Zed's interior for the money when new it was more than OK and a great driving position just saying that for the price of a 911 an everyday driving car nut could run 2 sport s cars without the worry of that heavy lump over and beyond the rear wheels

For me the wh ole point of the Z is t hat it is an old school sports car in coupe or roadster with a sweet tuneable engine and great chassis whereas 911s,or audi tts or BM Z4s are aimed at different buyers

No doubt that's true, but those different buyers would demand a high quality interior I would have thought.

Id agree with the comfortable part.

I just think for the money it would be better than it is...i suppose the driving position is something you get used to. I like Porsche's but i think eventually im going the GT-R route!
  • Like 1

I was driving a 996 a couple of weekends ago, feels so much lighter than the Z, driving position is very much on top of the front wheels, it's somehow sharper. interior is simple, clean, well made and how it should be in a 911 IMO, you're not buying a GT car you're buying a rear engined sports car, that's where I think they've started going wrong with the newer models, losing what made the 911's great in the first place.

love my Z but the 911 is in a different league

• Like 3

A little insight into Porsche design ... most cars have 2 buttons on the key fob, one to open the car, the other to lock ... Porsche make do with one button that does both operations ... this philosophy runs throughout the car especially on the 911 ... it absolutely defines design development