Can't program new fob to unlock

Ollie_kerslake

Hi

I'm trying to program a fob from Ebay and followed the below but no joy I don't even got the hazard flash after removing and inserting the key. It's a 2007 350. Any help would be much appreciated.

Method 1

The horn chirp can be disable by pressing the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously until the hazard lights flash, and no enable press the lock and unlock until the horn chirp. To reprogram (enter new ID) key fob (keyless remote controller) follow the steps.

1. Close all doors and lock all doors

2. Insert and remove the key from the ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash.) NOTE: Key should be withdrawn from ignition key cylinder completely each time. NOTE: Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process. The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this step is accurately completed.

3. Insert key on ignition key cylinder and turn ignition key switch to "AAC" position At this time, the new ID code is entered and original (previous) ID codes are erase.

4. Press any button on the new remote controller once. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash) NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful. The side marker/tail/license lamps and interior illumination will flash twice when this step is accurately completed and programming is successful. If there is only one remote controller skip step 5.

5. Additional ID code entry Release the door lock, then lock again with door lock/unlock switch (In power window main switch)

6. Remove key from ignition

7. Unlock driver side door, open driver side door and then close the door. (END) NOTE: If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat the procedure on step 5 "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller. NOTE: Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignore.

Method 2 How to program your remotes By Zach Chapter One

-unlock doors and get into car

-using the buttons located on the door panle

- lock and unlock the doors -put key in ignition and turn to accessory

-turn key back to OFF and remove key from ignition

-quickly insert and remove key in ignition about 6 times(the hazards will flah when you have done it enough times.

-turn key to accessory and hit the LOCK button on the remote

-if programming mulitple remotes have both remotes with you and follow the next step

-unlock the door using the button on the door panel and then hit the lock button on the second remote YOUR DOORS WILL LOCK WHEN YOU HIT THE BUTTON ON THE REMOTE

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with my spare key. New battery and the bugger just wont work. Tried the method above, and the other one about turning the key 6 times etc etc but nowt. Last option is to take it to the dealer for reprogramming. Was quoted £57.

• 1 month later...

This is what worked on mine.

Took me a few attempts but then worked....

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning

lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

I used a mobile mechanic who charged me about £20.All he did was look up and use the same reset procedure as documented here but it worked for him but never me.The main dealer will only do the same but charge you a fortune.Look up a mobile mechanic.

Edited by Payco

For some reason, when I reprogrammed mine early this year, my warning lights did not flash but I can hear the relays clicking.

If it's still not sorted, as what Payco said, try get a local mobile mechanic or locksmiths. They will be much cheaper than dealership.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just been using the key that doesn't work - popped a battery in it and went through the procedure. Am I supposed to be doing it with the good key to re-register it and then add the duff key?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I don't think I have the master key and I'm wondering if that's the issue as still can't get it to program using any method

I don't remember the Zeds having a "master key" - just two the same and the mechanics key without the remote. I might be wrong with that hough? :shrug:

I got as far as step 3 successfully but no combination of button pushes on the fob works, not this one or any other I can find. Replaced the batteries today with no effect. Beginning to think I was sold duds.

03 Track model.

This is what worked on mine.

Took me a few attempts but then worked....

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning

lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

The small one is the valet key so I believe won't get passed the immobilized. The picture doesn't show it but does the larger square fob have the key still in place? From the pic it looks like just the fob

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk