Black Hole Before & After Pictures

monkeybrain1234

Was not convinced it made any real difference to the naked eye, but when I looked at before and after pictures there sure is a difference. These pictures are with no waxes applied just the PoorBoys Black Hole, rubbish iphone pics but does show the difference.

Before - Only Washed

bENeFS2.jpg

After - Poorboys Black Hole applied by hand only, (no wax on it). Quite impressed with the result.

0pU7IU7.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good,

I started using this recently and it does give a deeper gloss finish to my car but doesn't seem to hide much even light swirls.

It's a nightmare if you have a lot of tiny stone chips in the front bumper as it fills them and then dries white leaving the chips noticeable. I couldn't even buff it out :(,

• Like 1

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

If the LSP over it is good, it should last 3-4 weeks quite comfortably. It could be that the Britemax wax hasn't bonded well to it and it's washed off or it be newly inflicted swirls - I'm assuming you've used that combo on the Z? The Z's paint is very easy to marr with it being so horrendously soft.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

If the LSP over it is good, it should last 3-4 weeks quite comfortably. It could be that the Britemax wax hasn't bonded well to it and it's washed off or it be newly inflicted swirls - I'm assuming you've used that combo on the Z? The Z's paint is very easy to marr with it being so horrendously soft.

Ya it's crazy soft ...... I use snow foam , 2 bucket every wash and still think I'm adding more light swirls every time :(

Might try some pure water for the final rinse down so I don't need to dry it and hope this can slow the swirling a little !

Yes, good stuff of darker shades of cars and easy to use now I have let myself in for polishing the neighbours cars well :blush:

It was simple to use which I like, I would not trust myself with a DA polisher! You are a nice neighbour doing there car Colin. Hope the AMG is going well :teeth:

I've found it doesn't last that long though :( still a great product for a bit hiding some light swirls .

Not sure how long it will last, but will wax it over and see what happens. As they say, time will tell! :lol:

Looks good,

I started using this recently and it does give a deeper gloss finish to my car but doesn't seem to hide much even light swirls.

It's a nightmare if you have a lot of tiny stone chips in the front bumper as it fills them and then dries white leaving the chips noticeable. I couldn't even buff it out :(,

I agree with this, didnt seem to cover much up in terms of swirls I found too, just seems to give it a more glossy/mirror finish. Maybe I didnt apply it too well.

With the stone chip problem and filling it in white, I had this issue previously with waxes, I just used an old toothbrush to gently brush the wax from the stone chip, generally worked quite well. Could be worth a try. . . . :)

Following on from this thread .... I finished early today so done a front end correction , using megs compound ( can't remember which one ) followed by britmax ultimate finisher , followed by black hole , and 2 coats of britmax vintage .

E27D95EA-FFB9-43DC-8489-DA745AC06A92_zpsgth0sbhc.jpg

C9737521-F97E-462B-B233-83DF773670E4_zpsac9orhvp.jpg

Pleased with the results ...... Just the rest of the car to do now!!

Edited by Bodyboarder81
  • Like 6

looks great. Do you ever get stopped with your plate like that? Front end looks so much better.

I haven't yet ....... But bear in mind I only do about 2-300 miles a month . I've really got to put it back on , not worth the £100 and 3 points ..... Sad really as it looks so smooth without it :(

Following on from this thread .... I finished early today so done a front end correction , using megs compound ( can't remember which one ) followed by britmax ultimate finisher , followed by black hole , and 2 coats of britmax vintage .

Now that's called a good finish. Like a smoked mirror. Well done.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What lip is this, it seems to follow the original bumper design of the facelift bumper keeping the cut in below the grille? very nice!!

• Like 1

What lip is this, it seems to follow the original bumper design of the facelift bumper keeping the cut in below the grille? very nice!!

Mines lip I believe. I have the same on mine and love it :cloud9: