Fake Turkish Watches

Dicky

Currently in Bodrum Turkey and been looking at some fake watches.nanybody bought one before and can offer any suggestions, are automatics better than battery, does more expensive mean more reliable.

Seen a on automatic £20K Petak Phillipe fake for £80 does that sound a fair price.

Any advice welcome

Ive bought a few "genuine fakes" in Dubai, if you dont mind knowing youre wearing a fake they are pretty decent. My last one lasted about 2 years, my mate has some that are over 5 years old and still going now too.

IIRC I paid about £50 for my last one (Patek too as it happens, you have good taste ;)) so £80 isnt out of the question :)

The handbags Ive bought the missus have been excellent though, definitely recommend them :)

ETA: Ive only bought battery watches, not sure Id trust a cheap automatic not to break

Edited by docwra

Whats the point?! Just spend the money on a decent watch you can afford.

Seems ridiculous spending money on something that has 99% of its R&D spent on copying another item.

With a fake your not going to fool someone who is into watches and the rest of the time your just going to say its fake anyway so why bother?! Just my 2 cents :)

Ive bought a few "genuine fakes" in Dubai, if you dont mind knowing youre wearing a fake they are pretty decent. My last one lasted about 2 years, my mate has some that are over 5 years old and still going now too.

IIRC I paid about £50 for my last one (Patek too as it happens, you have good taste ;)) so £80 isnt out of the question :)

The handbags Ive bought the missus have been excellent though, definitely recommend them :)

ETA: Ive only bought battery watches, not sure Id trust a cheap automatic not to break

"genuine fakes" :lol:

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 2

Seems ridiculous spending money on something that has 99% of its R&D spent on copying another item.

With a fake your not going to fool someone who is into watches and the rest of the time your just going to say its fake anyway so why bother?! Just my 2 cents :)

tend to agree, if anyone is on instagram and is into watches, check out "rolexenforcer"... very funny!

I'd rather wear a Timex than a fake big name - not classy

Plus its illegal to bring fakes back into the country - customs do make the occasional collar

• Like 1

Wow didn't expect answers for a day or so.

docwra, thanks that's helpfull and i had the same fear regarding automatics, however been reading on the net a several seem to support them, I just don't know. Will probably go for battery though.

370Ad, see your point. I suppose I'm a bit of a cheap skate really and unfortunately very much into watches. I luv looking at them (bit like the Z I suppose) and could buy loads. I have a couple of halfway decent Longine watches at home but even if a fake lasted a year I'd enjoy the experience. My main concern is, will it last the flight home!

Anyway it sounds as if £80 isn't a rip off price so now all I need to know is how to tell if the watch is a £20 no hoper or an £80 half chancer ha ha.

keep it coming the more info the better

• Like 1

dont you have rota grids :stir::p

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

I laughed the first time I heard the term too, but its actually a pretty good one - these are generally speaking fairly high quality items (the handbags are nearly indistinguishable) that have a different label on them - they are still £80 of watch, but they are pretending to be £20K worth of watch.

They are not to be confused with the stuff you used to get in the Costa Del Sol that disintegrated within 30 seconds of buying it, like I say, my mate Tommo has had some that have worked for 5+ years now :)

ETA: I *KNEW* Rotas would come into this somewhere :lol:

Edited by docwra

I've bought a few in the past that have always ended up in a drawer after 6 months with something broken.

They look great while they're working, but I'd rather spend my £80 on something half decent with a guarantee.

If you have a weakness in that direction, then you're gonna be stuffed! So much temptation ha ha!

Its your money...waste it how you like. :teeth:

• Like 1

dont you have rota grids :stir::p

A 6 spoke wheel?! Bloody hell what will they think of next :lol:

TBH I did expect that comment too, so top work.

I laughed the first time I heard the term too, but its actually a pretty good one - these are generally speaking fairly high quality items (the handbags are nearly indistinguishable) that have a different label on them - they are still £80 of watch, but they are pretending to be £20K worth of watch.

They are not to be confused with the stuff you used to get in the Costa Del Sol that disintegrated within 30 seconds of buying it, like I say, my mate Tommo has had some that have worked for 5+ years now :)

ETA: I *KNEW* Rotas would come into this somewhere :lol:

People say this all the time but the handbags are definitely distinguishable if you know what your talking about.

Haven't seen the watches so cannot comment, but my point still stands that in my eyes your probably better of spending £80 on a Rotary watch from John Lewis!

Edited by 370Ad

People say this all the time but the handbags are definitely distinguishable if you know what your talking about.

Haven't seen the watches so cannot comment, but my point still stands that in my eyes your probably better of spending £80 on a Rotary watch from John Lewis!

I must not have met anyone who knew what they were talking about then, including people in handbag and watch shops. You can tell if you pick them up but from just looking I dont think so.

And theres plenty of 6 spoke wheel designs but only one TE37 ;)

I must not have met anyone who knew what they were talking about then, including people in handbag and watch shops. You can tell if you pick them up but from just looking I dont think so.

And theres plenty of 6 spoke wheel designs but only one TE37 ;)

you can always spot fakes, not matter how good as they are never exactly the same. especially Rolex (folex), Hublot (fublot) and Breitling (freighling).. can you see the trend :lol:. but then if you're only spending £80 what do you expect, and/or does it matter if you're happy?

check out the rolex enforcer, posts some interesting stuff/comments on peoples watch pictures when they claim to be the real deal. sometimes gets out of hand though. his normal opening line is actyourwage.

N.B. comments of the rolex enforcer listed above are not necessarily in line with my own, and therefore I would prefer not to get the usual abuse i receive from SMD ;)

I've had loads over the years and some are still going after 10 years!

Buy it if it looks good, its only a bit of fun, plus if you buy a real one people will say its a fake. :lol:

Very true !

I've had loads over the years and some are still going after 10 years!

Buy it if it looks good, its only a bit of fun, plus if you buy a real one people will say its a fake. :lol:

Very true !

get it bought, then put a picture up :lol:..

• Like 1

i would rather have something branded fake/replica like grids rather than a pair of grids with Volk stickers for example

or a standard z with a nismo badge on.... O no i didn't!! :stir:

i'll get back in my box

• Like 1