Fake Turkish Watches

Dicky

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these - https://www.breitlin...-automatic-3371

She gets a diamond ring - I get a Breitling Automatic :)

the colt was my first watch and still have after 7 years. However, its not automatic, it's battery powered. lovely watch. sturdy as anything!

edit: mine is the non automatic version. my writing is a little confusing! :lol:

Edited by WINKJ

My wife bought me this the other day , not really into bling watches but like this one . It was around the £150 mark , so can't really understand why you would buy a fake for £80 .

85042C7D-370F-49C1-A136-8848AB193CFC_zpsawx3fqi4.jpg

FD713D8F-13A2-404E-AFC7-5E1519847DFB_zpstccgdpui.jpg

but i dont see why you should spend 150 on one of them when you can get one of these for 60 lol?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/emporio-armani-mens-automatic-watch-ar4625-mens-watches-546839646?i=108066160

My wife bought me this the other day , not really into bling watches but like this one . It was around the £150 mark , so can't really understand why you would buy a fake for £80 .

85042C7D-370F-49C1-A136-8848AB193CFC_zpsawx3fqi4.jpg

FD713D8F-13A2-404E-AFC7-5E1519847DFB_zpstccgdpui.jpg

but i dont see why you should spend 150 on one of them when you can get one of these for 60 lol?

http://www.ioffer.co...646?i=108066160

Sorry Mate genuine - need to bone up on your Omega's

Purchased from the Omega authorised jeweller in East Grinstead in 2006 for the princely sum of £710 ( A bargain !) This was when Omega decided to open the Omega Boutiques as sole distributors so the smaller shops had to take a hit on their markup or return at cost - Omega Seamaster with the rarer sword blade hands - brand new with box and papers - my present to myself for 22 years Service in the mob and has increased in value although was my daily for years so took a bit of a battering until I got the Speedy Pro - thats genuine as well :)

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 1

Sorry Mate genuine - need to bone up on your Omega's

Purchased from the Omega authorised jeweller in East Grinstead in 2006 for the princely sum of £710 ( A bargain !) This was when Omega decided to open the Omega Boutiques as sole distributors so the smaller shops had to take a hit on their markup or return at cost - Omega Seamaster with the rarer sword blade hands - brand new with boxe and papers - my present to myself for 22 years Service in the mob and has increased in value although was my daily for years so took a bit of a battering until I got the Speedy Pro - thats genuine as well :)

i don't know much about Omega - doh!

it was the bezel that looked off - if you see from the pics below, the bezels are completely different to yours (the minute markers, the numbers).

239AD.jpg

9150-Omega%20(4).jpg

and this:

0001571_0_Large.jpg

Edited by WINKJ

Rolex is very fake, lettering doesn't look indented and font is incorrect.

download_zpsmqv8ll2b.jpg

You did that without checking the picture first, right? Otherwise that would just serve to prove what Ive been saying all along.

WinkJ - the Rolex is a genuine fake, the other two are real.

Rolex is very fake, lettering doesn't look indented and font is incorrect.

You did that without checking the picture first, right? Otherwise that would just serve to prove what Ive been saying all along.

WinkJ - the Rolex is a genuine fake, the other two are real.

:lol: apart from the hand stack is completely wrong. rule 101!

Edited by WINKJ

And did you figure that out without comparing to a picture? If so, fair play, but by your own admission youd still struggle with an Omega for instance :)

No-one is saying that you cant tell the difference, just that even to some gurus its not possible without close inspection :)

And did you figure that out without comparing to a picture? If so, fair play, but by your own admission youd still struggle with an Omega for instance :)

No-one is saying that you cant tell the difference, just that even to some gurus its not possible without close inspection :)

yeah without checking, Rolex is all i really know about to be honest. more out of fun than anything else. The easiest way to tell a fake GMT watch is that there is a very common and cheap Chinese mechanism that most fakes use. Said mechanism does not have the correct internals to allow the GMT hand to sit over the top of the hour hand. so it should be (from the face of the watch towards the glass/crystal: hour, GMT, minute, second.

Some of the better fakes actually change this mechanism which is time consuming and expensive, if that's the case then normally the way to spot a fake rolex is:

- the rehaut (the Rolex engraving on the inside of the bezel). I must say that yours is probably one of the better ones I have seen.

- the bezel lettering/spacing

- alignment of the numbering, minute markers, rehaut, rolex crowns

- needles, the hour hand should have a small white infill (which yours does), normally fakes is much bigger

- main crown, the 'hole' on fakes is normally much bigger than the real watch

and so on....

if all else fails, as soon as you try and change the time or date, the mechanism won't function as it should

its quite interesting when you start looking in to. Also there is a 'cult' of people who seem to get kicks out of buying 'fake replicas' and then modifying them to as close as the original as possible.. with correct boxes/paperwork etc I must add!

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 1

The rolex stood out as fake to me, before scrolling down to the comparison.

When you get a brand like rolex that is so engrained into you (through advertising), when that logo is incorrectly presented to you, it is moderately obviou (relatively speaking)

Fair enough, you clearly know what youre on about with Rolexes, Im not a fan myself so dont pay much attention to them. Ill try get a pic of my Patek up tomorrow, the detail is pretty astonishing. Some of the GF's Ive been offered are actually waterproof as well, they are getting better all the time :)

• Like 1

Fair enough, you clearly know what youre on about with Rolexes, Im not a fan myself so dont pay much attention to them. Ill try get a pic of my Patek up tomorrow, the detail is pretty astonishing. Some of the GF's Ive been offered are actually waterproof as well, they are getting better all the time :)

keep them coming!!

Wahoo I was right about the Omega! Rolex comparison photo was just to show everyone else what I was on about.

So I think we have worked out that the 'Genuine fakes' are still not great if you know what your on about. The big brands don't just charge 4 figures just for the name you know!

Wahoo I was right about the Omega! Rolex comparison photo was just to show everyone else what I was on about.

So I think we have worked out that the 'Genuine fakes' are still not great if you know what your on about. The big brands don't just charge 4 figures just for the name you know!

I'm not convinced still on the omega :lol:

Only joking!

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 1

Will have to post up the pictograms card. I'll up pics of the others as well 2 more Omegas/TAG/Pinchbeck/Laco I had a Bell & Ross as well was a real bargain but never bonded so flipped it. I'm not a Rolex fan but do like Tudor which is weird ! Got my eye on a Raymond Weil as well ! It's like Zeditius sometimes

Edited by Mudman