Cecil the lion

Flex

What's peoples thoughts?

I don't agree with hunting for pleasure but to have people threatening to kill him and get his dental practice closed down resulting in innocent people losing their jobs I think is rather off.

Edited by Flex

Yeah what the guy did was disgusting legal or not but the social media frenzy is just as sick imo and with each of these things the reaction just gets more and more ott, won't be long before someone is killed because of something like this especially with all the guns in he U.S. !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

i haven't looked in to much as it seems there is a story every week of someone else doing this sort of thing, and the fact that photo-shopping two images together to look like someone is holding a dead animal as a trophy is a bit easy.

Must say i agree with Dave that someone is going to get hurt soon just i feel as above it will be in the tragic time of a prank or revenge trick on someone who actual did nothing, the internet is a great place

This man Just killed these bears for fun

Volunteers-clean-debris-as-dead-animals-lie-on-the-ground-at-the-zoo-in-Tbilisi-Georgia.jpg

This man just help the arrest of people killing these dead bears for fun

Volunteers-clean-debris-as-dead-animals-lie-on-the-ground-at-the-zoo-in-Tbilisi-Georgia.jpg

But wheres the limit im not saying i agree with any of it, but people hunt deers, rabbits etc globally yet when someone kills a lion they loose there @*!#, you don't see this sort of thing when mr johns go out with his buddies in a pick up to the forest to shoot deer and drink beers

its like the big dog festival thing in china in the news few weeks back hundred of dogs killed at a festival to eat, see hundreds of people moaning and about it calling it an outrage only to ten minutes later post a pictures of the bacon roll there having for lunch

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Thousands of animals die for our pleasure, namely eating, every day and probably live/die in worse conditions than that lion lived. It's only a sensation because it had a name, I can't get mad at someone hunting a lion with everything else that happens to animals in this world (that's deemed acceptable to the majority of society).

Whilst we're on the subject of animals, does anyone else find that their crocodile skin shoes cause their feet to sweat uncontrollably in the summer?

Disgusting all the same. I would love to stick a shotgun up where the sun don't shine. :rant:

have you every been out with your missus to a fancy restaurant and had a nice juicy expensive steak?

Edited by StevoD

Problem is in the grand scheme of things there is not masses of lions like rabbits or juicy steaks. This was in a conservation area and was lured out, shot with a bow then later found and killed 40 hours later. They say that the six cubs in his pride will most likely now be chomped by another male outside the pride.

So guess everyone is alright with hunting elephants and rhinos?

Edited by Humpy
  • Like 4

Problem is in the grand scheme of things there is not masses of lions like rabbits or juicy steaks. This was in a conservation area and was lured out, shot with a bow then later found and killed 40 hours later. They say that the six cubs in his pride will most likely now be chomped by another male outside the pride.

I think it's all discgusting Steve.

Wasps and hornets, however, should all be burned/nuked.

• Like 1

no i dont agree with it but then im not going to loose my @*!# like all these people when in the grand scheme of things we all contribute to this act in one way or another

i dont believe that a deer deserves to die but a lion doesnt as there are less of them, but then i would be a hypocrite if i started saying this man needs locking up or killing etc etc as i love steak.

Least the steak has a purpose, the lions purpose is ultimately to be beheaded and skinned and used as a trophy.

Don't agree with all the threats of killing etc but an example needs to be made of this Dentist. To be fair not a fan of any dentist :lol:

• Like 3

I can't believe that watching the news last night I now know the name of a celebrity dead lion, but not the name of the migrant who died trying to sneak through the Chunnel.

Stop the world, I wanna get off.

• Like 1

And what's the big fuss about using the word Swarm in relation to migrants? Jesus, DC used "Swarm" to describe "lycra clad bikers" in 2013 and there wasn't a huge fuss. I reckon a journey of migrants would be a better collective noun mind... and a murder of migrants would possibly solve the problem. I'm open to better collective noun suggestions though.

Least the steak has a purpose, the lions purpose is ultimately to be beheaded and skinned and used as a trophy.

Don't agree with all the threats of killing etc but an example needs to be made of this Dentist. To be fair not a fan of any dentist :lol:

but it doesnt tho you DONT need to eat steak you choose to same with all meats, everything in meat can be obtained through other sources, But meat is cheap easily available and tastes great

and like mouthwash says i reckon that lion had a better life than any of the pigs chickens or cows that are given all these hormones to grow faster and crowded into a shed Cecil the lion was estimated at 13 years old most cows are around 3 years old

I dont agree with it, but then i don't agree with lots of things in the world doesn't mean im right

• Like 1

It is all preservation and conservation at the end of the day. We probably would eat lion if we could breed them on a large scale :lol:

That'd make an interesting stroll through the countryside, instead of a field full of cows a field full of lions :scare: :scare:

I reckon WW probably shot a few lions in his time.

They're ****s, end of.

1 is making a living out of it, providing the population with food.

Another is just a **** killing a creature because he can.

The new Jurassic park sums it up pretty well, where the hunter basically wants to prove he's the alpha.

Pathetic, I wouldn't show a sign of remorse if something bad happened to them.

At the end of the day, Animal lovers are going to understand this, where as everyday people/non pet fans aren't going to be too fussed by it, and pull out the Farm/Food card.

• Like 4

They're ****s, end of.

The new Jurassic park sums it up pretty well, where the hunter basically wants to prove he's the alpha.

At the end of the day, Animal lovers are going to understand this, where as everyday people/non pet fans aren't going to be too fussed by it, and pull out the Farm/Food card.

But this isnt a Pet, why has this story been blown massive up compared with the Chinese dog festival and the woman who shot her neighbors cat with a bow and arrow

They're ****s, end of.

But this isnt a Pet, why has this story been blown massive up compared with the Chinese dog festival and the woman who shot her neighbors cat with a bow and arrow

What? My point still stands :S I'm not talking about one story, I'm talking about killing animals in general.
  • Like 1

I'm sure some people have lions as pets and obviously dogs aren't pets in that part of China. :stir:

I'm sure some people have lions as pets and obviously dogs aren't pets in that part of China. :stir:

they are there stolen from local towns and villages then taken there

They're ****s, end of.

What? My point still stands :S I'm not talking about one story, I'm talking about killing animals in general.

And dinosaurs :p

• Like 1

They're ****s, end of.

well it doesnt as i said before why does a lion deserve to live over a pig or a cow, it doesnt