My 911

ATTAK Z

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely car, I must admit I am starting to get the itch again after owning a 1988 model in the mid 90's. Looking at the prices now I should have had her shipped back from the US and kept her.

On a serious note let me know when you look to sell her, I could be interested, but in the mean time enjoy !

What are the running costs of a 997 like compared to the Z? I would go for the MK2 so I didn't have to worry about IMS issues.

I do 15k+ a year so this is something I need to take into account. I just priced up brakes all round and they are actually a similar price to the 70.

They're the same. What little extra I might've paid by having to use OPC servicing I saved by not needing to mod the car, so it actually worked out cheaper.

15k a year means you'll be servicing once every 18 months, which isn't that bad at all. Gen2 engines can use a bit of oil though (by design), so take that into account. As a guide, mine used about 1L every 2500 miles.

• Like 1

Anyway, I'm sure you've been asked, what happened to the V8 itch? (I might have asked this before but as a functioning alcoholic, I don't have responsibility for my hard of thinking)

There's still time for that ... son number 1 gets family discount from Ford, so maybe when the Mustang becomes more generally available ...

• Like 1

No family discount on the Mustang I'm afraid, been down that route :(. My cousin also works for Ford in Ellesmere (sp?). He can get a couple off grand of a 'normal' Ford, not available on the Mustang though.

Edited by The G Man

Yeah, he must be. Stupid bam pot, if only he'd stuck in at school! He's only one of them senior personnel blokes, dumb ass. Wait till I see him :lol:

Could be worse ... he could be one of those Health and Safety or maybe Time and Motion guys and gals ;)