Jump to content

AK350Z

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    5,890
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AK350Z

  1. Cotic is near your part of the world isn't it James?
  2. Lol, this thread is totally where I would be today if I hadn't started spending all my money on bikes! Some great builds there people, I've just consigned about 5 or 6 old cases to the scrap man last month. Neo, if you are going to be needind a new tower, thats going to eat into an otherwise reasonable budget for a barebones upgrade, maybe someone here can donate an old case to you? I would have, but you're obviously a bit late...
  3. This is it.
  4. That would have been thermite. Surely speed cameras don't use film any more?
  5. Sent my old exhaust using parcelmonkey.
  6. Foxtons. During the housing boom they started opening "barrista" style offices in london. Nuff said.
  7. RE to the club!
  8. At that budget, its just a case of how much hassle you want. I guess the £80 extra at Dell is covering some kind of limited warranty? Certainly more appealing that an ebay special, although there are loads of small time shops offering re-furbed PCs that will also give you a warranty.
  9. Haha, I knew you would crack eventually! congratulations on the purchase!
  10. As far as I know, most mods are either transferable or are available for the 313 now.
  11. 370, 370!
  12. My CV's 3 pages long, but then I put company logos next to each job I've had.... oh and I just got a promotion yesterday. Presumably your pomotion wasn't anything to do with your garish over-long CV then?
  13. 3 page CV sounds about 2 pages to long to me! I fit most of mine on one side, with some less important/old stuff on the back. I'm in electrical maintenance yes, the main hurdle is getting a start or apprenticeship, but after that you're laughing really. It was the best thing I ever did (thanks dad!) and its meant I've never been out of work any longer than I wanted to be, even coming back to it after a 3 year "holiday" at Uni I would defiantly try to start with an NVQ2 or C+G level 2, you don't need your 17th edition off the bat, and lots of employers will put you through it anyway.
  14. Becoming really widespread in R&D now, companies can make prototypes in an afternoon. This was in the news recently to: http://news.discovery.com/tech/printed-jawbone-120207.html
  15. Am I allowed to guess? I think it's Will!
  16. Very nice, black wheels notwithstanding
  17. less than 150bhp/ton. Barely counts as warm hatch territory these days. Plus the oil burner probably needs two gear changes to 60.
  18. Errrr, no? I don't care if its metallic pink with eyelashes on the headlights mate!
  19. Found this:
  20. Not bad that, at least it keeps the straps away from the paintwork. I'd still put mine in the boot though, it doesn't restrict fun then
  21. Infinitely easier to get a double DIN stereo with one built in.
  22. 25 is no age at all mate, I didn't know where I was heading till then. I did an apprenticeship originally, but then left to go to Uni full time, and eventually ended up back on the tools again. Probably no use to you yet, but once you've got your basic C&G or NVQ 2 under your belt, theres plenty of jobs in our bit (windymill maintenance), I'll even spilt the £1000 referral bonus with you....
  23. I think 48mpg is pretty good on a new derv engine. my 1.9 punto gets 45 on the rubbish twisty 1 hour route to work, but even on the motorway it won't get past 50mpg. It's maybe just the aerodynamics of the thing.
  24. I robbed some 6x9s from a Cavalier in a scrap yard to put in the back of my first Nissan Micra. It was only when I changed cars years later that I noticed all my cds sounded totally different. The answer? the Cav speakers didn't have any tweeters in them, so I'd been listening to all my music with the top 25% of the frequencies cut off! The bass was great though...
×
×
  • Create New...