Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Well spotted Mitz No there not genuine, hence why I said cheapo ebc's, there a rip off of the turbo groove discs but with fewer dimples, I've had the real deal before & wasn't overly impressed, never had a straight disc from EBC. These ones I'm using are pretty good for the money, the last set were fairly straight & have only been an issue in the last month since the pads had got right down
  2. Finished work @ a reasonable time today so I changed the sc oil & done the front brakes
  3. Haha it was the high spots on the discs causing premature locking that made me change, but on the plus side I got a set of discs, yellow stuff pads, a tank of fuel & a pint of peroni for the same price as your front pads
  4. Wow haven't we all been busy, I changed the sc oil on mine tonight, & done the front brakes
  5. Guaranteed to be a good weekend, I got your pre-modded fuel pump housing down from the spare zed I have above my garage today
  6. Haha I thought we were leaving plenty of time for Beer & BBQ`s
  7. Cool Thanks Martin :tumbs:
  8. No problem at all, Other than installing injectors & maf I done mine in a day & 1/2 pretty much on my own
  9. I eat Red Bull supporters for desert
  10. So are you keeping them? whats the point? the only one of any use is the oil pressure. Battery gauge is rubbish as you know when you have a flat battery & the digital one will be pretty much useless once you change the injectors & move the temp sensor
  11. You could lie it horizontally across the top of the dash
  12. How about only 6th of January 2013 I have emails dating back to 2012 regarding "project supercharging" So are you looking to get everything done by Wales or just the SC part?
  13. Sorry I missed this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Colin
  14. Just stating a fact, It`s been going on since March 2012 Needs to stop messing with all these shiny bits & get it done
  15. So whats going on Adrian???? any updates???? I think your hanging all this out a bit
  16. Counting down the days to this.
  17. So are we going to be receiving the tickets in the post? when are they likely to be sent out? Sorry if this has already been answered on a previous page
  18. New Discs & pads arrived last week, decided against going for the BBK again. So some cheapo EBC discs & Yellowstuff pads as before. These will do once again for another year. Now I need to find time to fit them before castle Coomb & Wales. Haven`t even had chance to scrub in the new tyres
  19. Where are you located? Might be worth speaking to a specialist near you for an experienced opinion before jumping in & striping the engine down if your not 100% sure what your looking for.
  20. Smudge, I hear that I missed you by just a few minutes @ Kaizer`s today. Hope your enjoying the new wheels
  21. #Ian I`ll be opening that box of tricks tomorrow after the F1 to see whats what, might even facetime you as I worked out how to do that the other day, so make sure your decent
  22. #Will I`m so glad I didn`t sell them, they are for sure the best looking wheels on a 350. #Neil It would be difficult to say just yet as it was peeing it down with rain today firstly I drove it with slick tyres & the geo out where I had removed the compression arms, secondly it was still peeing it down when I had the fresh greasy rubber. The car certainly feels more positive when changing direction & the steering is alot more responsive. I`ll be giving it a good test next weekend, hopefully it will be dry. Then I`ll report back
  23. Steering swiftly away from my drinking habits, got the rear ARB on last night & put the Gismo`s back on this morning before work. Then took a visit to Kaizer motor company for some fresh rubber in the form of Michelin pilot super sports & a geometry after changing the compression arm bushes. Amazingly I managed to get the offset bushes in pretty much exactly the same position on both arms so that the caster angle of both sides is within 10minutes (should have been a mechanical engineer) The drive over to Kaizer`s http://www.kaizermotor.co.uk was great, the huge difference in steering feel & grip (even with the shot bridgestones) really has made a big difference. The drive back was even better although the tyres are still a little slippy with the releasing agent etc the feel through the steering is far better & the change of direction much sharper even with the ARB`s on the softer settings. Really impressed with Sly`s workmanship & workshop, I can only echo what others have said. A really nice guy & beyond professional & thorough with everything he does. His tyre machine is awesome, not only can it balance the wheel but it can hide the weights behind the spokes, how cool is that, definitely a must for any show goer.
×
×
  • Create New...