Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. I have to disagree with that. Yes if the flywheel is worn or heat damaged by all means change it. The clutch disc is a consumable part like brake pads & the flywheel is a much harder wearing part like your brake discs. You don`t change your discs everytime you change your pads unless they are worn/damaged. Just 2weeks ago I changed the clutch on my van, now the 3rd one. I`m still running the original flywheel, yes it`s a little worn but no where near enough to warrant changing. When I upgraded the clutch in the zed I did change the flywheel only because I was going for a lighter single mass. The condition of the original flywheel surface was good & absolutely fine to be re-used with a new clutch.
  2. http://translate.google.com/#auto/en/%E4%B8%80%E7%94%9F%E6%87%B8%E5%91%BD%E7%A7%81%E3%81%AE%E4%B8%AD%E3%81%A7%E3%81%9D%E3%82%8C%E3%82%92RAM%E3%81%AF%E3%80%81%E3%81%99%E3%81%B9%E3%81%A6%E7%A7%81%E3%81%AE%E3%81%8A%E3%81%A3%E3%81%B1%E3%81%84%E3%81%AE%E4%B8%8A%E3%81%AB%E3%80%81%E7%A7%81%E3%81%AE%E9%A1%94%E3%81%A7%E7%88%86%E7%99%BA%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B Is she for hire?
  3. Could you elaborate on the "risky" bit please, are we talking, too much stress on engine, driveline components etc Not so much to much stress but MORE of course. If it`s not tuned properly it`s not likely to last 5 minutes. You also need to factor in other upgrades such as suspension, tyres, brakes. Making a stock 350z pushout 400+ hp is ok but if you actually want to drive it all the previously mentioned parts are a MUST,
  4. Expensive ..... Once you start you will soon lose grip on that slippery slope
  5. You can get a blue print clutch for not a lot of money, why are you changing the flywheel? If it ain't broke don't fix it
  6. Dip with a post like that, no wonder why you get stick on here lol
  7. So after 45 is Chris going to provide a mini bus service to & throw from the country hotel down the road? I'll give my mezzanine room up if the taxi service is available
  8. Until a few weeks ago I was happy with the setup I have but having a go in a 997 gt3 rs although straight line performance is similar the handling & feel is in another league. The feel of the zed is a bit like driving my dads A8 in comparison. I know the zed will never be a beetle on speed but I wouldn't mind it being a little closer. Especially as I don't want to leave this place
  9. Thanks Ian There the 2cons I'm aware of & trying to weigh up. I want the sharper feel & responsiveness but not anymore discomfort in the cabin. The sc & exhaust is tiring on long trips
  10. Yes nearly as slow as me
  11. Come on Bennet, UPDATE!!! I |Want to get on this train now, just need to work out what bushes I will require.
  12. Hey Will Just caught up with this, shocking news & I feel your pain. Had my lotus keyed in a car park along with 7 other identical cars by some mindless low life jealous C###. Unfortunately it`s stayed with me, I hate leaving my car out of my sight & the zed meets worry me the most, hence why I always request a carpark facing room @ the Moreton. I work bloody hard for the nicer things I have in life & I deserve them, no one has the right to take them or deface them but they do Arghhh all uptight now. Hope you can get it sorted without to much aggravation
  13. Me? I was trying to keep the attention away from me Promise to get a little more sleep prior to the weekend this year
  14. I`ll hold your other hand, & feed you with a straw when your legs give way
  15. Wouldn`t want Joe public spoiling our party, What if the 2 remaining rooms were taken by some eco warriors & turned up in Prius`s do you think they would feel intimidated
  16. Thanks for the call earlier Mr G Have placed an add online earlier & have been inundated with e-mails, mostly time wasters offering silly money but I have a couple that seem pretty interested. Theres a reason why I`m a hoarder, I hate the aggro of trying to sell things
  17. Darren-b -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SMD
  18. But can you really see me on antiques roadshow?
  19. Yes it is, the sound quality is amazing. 60 odd years old & sounds nearly as good as the B & O stuff of today.
  20. Glad you got it sorted
  21. Probably looking @ double the price for the shadow chrome colour as it`s multiple stages of painting
  22. Hi all I have some vintage audio equipment that I need to sell, can anyone recommend the best place to post it? I don`t really want to use ebay as I`ve heard that they quite literally take the pee with their charges when it comes to antique stuff. If anyone knows much about this kind of stuff some advice would be great. I have the following A Garrard 301 turntable with Garrard mat, SME pickup & cleaning brush all mounted within a hardwood case. A Leak stereo 20 Amp, A leak Varislope stereo pre amp A leak Throughline 2 radio 2no. Wharfdale w3 speakers All from the early 1950`s in full working order & pristine condition
  23. @128k you would expect the wheels to have been re-painted or otherwise corroded with the usual lacquer peel Looks like a nice car
  24. Someone should write up a dummies guide to changing plugs on here Whenever I take anything apart that could possibly be put back the wrong way I mark the parts with a chalk pen or permanent marker in a simple manner that I can understand for example I would mark the grey plugs F(front) M(middle) B(back) can`t go wrong that way But luckily on most modern vehicles there are very few plugs you can put in the wrong place as they all tend to have a different shape. With the exception to the coil packs of course Glad you got to the bottom of the problem
×
×
  • Create New...