Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Well thats a good start to the thread, 3rd post & it`s heading towards the greenroom
  2. It`s easy, only takes 10-15mins, small flat blade screwdriver for the plastic pins (6on the slam panel, 6 on the wheel arche liners, phillips screwdriver for the 2no. screws on the wheel arche liners, 10mm socket for the 4no. on wheel arche liners & 4no. securing the bumper) get a bucket to collect you windscreen wash. An easy job, even easier if you take the front wheels off
  3. they have 2no. small screws that hold them on from inside, you have to remove the washer (after removing the bumper) to get to them, so if someone has stolen them I would imagine they are broken. PM ZMANALEX or R35LEE I`m sure they will be able to help
  4. Yes as BM said you will need extra clips as the HEL kit only comes with 1per side which isn`t enough
  5. Cheers mutley Not the same red on the underside than on top with the strut bar, didn`t want to respray the brand new eibach arms so went with the closest I had to it. #Wll I have a sleeping disorder, I`m lucky to get 4hours a night no matter how tired I am, (unless I`m drunk)
  6. Darren-B

    dash cam

    Thats pretty cool, I want to gedt something like this thst is transferable. I do about 40k a year over 4vehicles so I obviously see my fair share of stupid drivers, just last week for example, driving through C.London. Crossed a yellow box, as I entered there was enough room for me to stop without being in the box then some prick Audi driver decided to go up the bus lane & cut in front making me stop in the box. So will probably get a fine for that. a camera could have helped me contest this.
  7. Only got to spend an hour or so on in the garage after taking the dog for a good walk, so got the new eibach arb in Then gave the rust treated subfame a coat of black oxide paint then got the compression arms back in & freshly painted brace went for a quick drive round the block & noticed the difference in steering straight away, more responsive & a little more feedback. Will be doing the rear end when I get the time
  8. Just back from work - I think I prefer Central London on a weekday, more congestion but atleast people generally make it known where they want to go. Sunday loons just stop in the middle of the road to discuss it with the few brain cells they have Move over morons some of us have lives to live =. Rant over Now off to the garage to play cars Watch this space
  9. #BBK - Do you realise how boring it is watching paint dry #Keyser - Theres still time, there not on the car yet,
  10. I`ve got a fairly loud one, 100litre & have another 50litre holding tank, along with a small portable 9litre compressor to help, all built into a soundproofed fan cooled & filtered (pipercross) enclosure. A bit much for just garage air tools but I do a fair bit of spraying & use air dryers, also have an air fed mask that uses a fair bit of air. Would recommend getting yourself a decent water/air separator too
  11. Probably yank imperial like the other threads on the vortech :headbang:
  12. Probably already thought of & I`m sure mr Keyser has the tools. Do you know the thread size & have a tap for the oil feed & return? Only asking as I know Chris bought his car with the blower already fitted
  13. Darren-B

    dash cam

    Dip, with your cam do you have to tell it to record everytime you drive or does it automatically record when you start the car? Whats it like @night? Would it be easy to transfer between vehicles? Audio?
  14. Another zed shed in the making, that's the south of the country sorted, Just need a reliant robin works van. Zed shed independent trading. Fern down - Hempstead - Dorking
  15. Got me some wheel dollies, there awesome. Yes arms came up good, just with a wire brush, thinking about painting them but means I`d have to do all of them. Yep I set them to the position to add a little more caster when I pressed them in as I doubt they will turn to easily Is the postman coming Ian?
  16. DO NOT USE CABLE TIES!!!! Or cheap Halfrauds P-clips, I used the later & the rubber sleeving melted when on track thus resulting in the hose slipping, rubbing on the wheel & bursting the hose. 130mph heading towards an 80mph bend then having no brakes was not my proudest moment. Buy some decent P-clips & make sure the rubber is of at the very least fuel line grade to ensure it doesn`t melt under high temps
  17. Best send those battery covers up for painting Dip, I have a choice of reds
  18. If I have finished the contract I`m on by then I`ll definitely head down. I`m planning to finish by 20th but if not I`ll pop it in the post for you mate. I`ll bring a jar of coffee. Hope Chris has plenty of stickers
  19. Oh & what do you guys reckon on the russ swift style parking
  20. Got home from work @ 3 so had a couple of hours to do this: Attacked the rusty bits on the brace & subframe with a wire brush on the drill & some army issue rut inhibitor thanks to my mate dan. then did this to the brace Then cleaned up the compression rods, got the old bushes out & replaced with some superpro`s & thats about it for today, might put it back together tomorrow & try the new ARB`s out
  21. Blooming right there, up until 2years ago the underside was nearly as clean as the rest of the car
  22. If it ends up loud it will mean I have done something catastrophically wrong The underside of the car has not had any attention for over 2years, so started with taking this off & these Then it was way past my bed time, going to try & do a bit more when I finish work
  23. Holy thread revival, WATCH THIS SPACE
×
×
  • Create New...