docwra
Members-
Posts
4,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by docwra
-
The one in my car is incredible for a stock LSD, locks reliably and harder than any other one Ive driven (expect maybe a few brand new M cars) ........ but I think thats my specific diff, I sometimes wonder if its been uprated or messed with as its that good. They arent the best on the transition I find, theres a split second where it seems to forget its purpose in life but my advice is always to see how you get on with it standard, and I fecking love a 2 way me
-
RWD, 150mph, 6.8 to 60 does not an effeminate car make How about a TT?
-
Priorities. Within 3 days of moving into my house I had someone round relaying the drive so I could get my Onevia up it, no pain, no gain
-
My 306 GTI6 did 167.6hp last time it was on the rollers, exactly standard power - its 18 years old and has just gone past 190K miles. And its French, I wouldnt worry too much
-
What about an SLK? My old man is having a look at them atm, theres some bargains out there. See also Boxsters but if you want a 2 seater then the MX5 is difficult to look past
-
Sorry, Im not sure I heard that right, you dont want RWD in case of bad weather? RWD on anything other than a Zed in bad weather isnt much different from FWD realistically - my 328i is much better in snow better than my brothers Focus ST for instance. Put winter tyres on the back and youll have no problem at all. £15K will buy a 2011 123d, it will see 50mpg regularly and be much faster and much better fun as well. Audi S cars are 4WD as well BTW I mean, seriously, a Golf or a BMW? Really?
-
Quite. Pretty sad to see two of the most knowledgeable guys on the forum digging at each other but I spose thats forums for you. Ill throw my tuppence in - there is decent knock protection available for relatively low monies on standalone, and TBF if youve spent the money on an FI setup youd be a fool not to get decent management. I would also add that while I loved the throttle controller to start with I stopped using it, particularly on track and while doing skids as I found it removed some of the throttle control, which makes sense I suppose
-
A 123d urinates all over a Scirocco in every respect IMO, although I cant speak for the back seats. A 135i does all of that but faster If fuel isnt an issue then Id be looking at BMW M cars, Audi S cars and AMG Mercs, they are bloody difficult to beat for 4 seat performance.
-
Took me 35 minutes to get it up in the air the other day (2 sets of ramps, two jacks, 2 further pieces of wood) and Ive forgotten what the inside of a multistorey carpark looks like but most of the time its fine Ive found the front end overhang and the backbox connection are most likely to hit stuff, I actually managed to skim a catseye with the front bumper while braking up a hill once
-
No we dont, theres nothing saying that Nelson was just plain unlucky. Cars do break, and generally without any warning either, Ive had two bottom ends go on me within hours of buying a car and Ive no reason to doubt the seller on either occasion
-
Aye, he was a top man, RIP
-
Its just a bodykit TBF, its hardly badging a 318i as an M3 or something ......... Good to see this is looking like a happy ending, nice one
-
A 400hp 1 BMW Series and sale to someone else if all goes well
-
Peak figures dont mean anything anyway, its the area under the graphs you need to worry about. You also have to bear in mind a car thats fueling correctly will use less than one without, but you cant feel that through the drivers seat
-
Aye, Gas Safe plumbers are a lore unto themselves, I know 3 personally and even they are a bloody nightmare to actually get to turn up, one stood me up one afternoon, rebooked for the next morning, stood me up again, rebooked for the afternoon and stood me up again. Finished up calling 2 weeks later to see if I was "about" as he had a free afternoon. The best bit? I went to school with his daughter, Ive know him and his family for about 30 years. What hope have you got with a random plumber?
-
This, Id be talking to Rated People as well, the point of these things are that the guys are supposed to be slightly reliable.
-
345 hp That's pointless then ? !! Add headers, intake, management and you can add 100hp to that.
-
They did the Driftworks S15 and the Blitz Skyline on Barryboys, the dicks.
-
Sikky V8 kit £1800 LS1, loom, T56 gearbox, clutch £4000 Labour £3500 Sell the VQ and gearbox for £1500 and thats £2000 youve got for headers, instruments and management as well.
-
Yep, not a huge fan of the colour but he did a fantastic job on it. I think hes sold it on now, replaced it with a Verossa which will be similarly insane no doubt For anyone that didnt see it after Tobes finished: Theres a fairly standard one up for £13.5K on Pistonheads if anyone fancies
-
If you want decent power then a V8 swap is probbaly the easiest way to go ......... but Id add that not everyone can handle 450 - 600hp in a car, is it worth £10K if youre never going to use more than 3/4 throttle?
-
As per title, I need a headlight ballast as one of mine seems to have given up Anyone got one kicking about?
-
Storage of a second set of wheels and tyres, finding the time and the vehicle to go get them changed in Im on both sides of the fence - I drive a lot in Austria, Germany and Southern Europe in general where its a requirement to have winter tyres and I can definitely see the value, if everyone has them the roads move a lot better and its obviously a whole lot safer. However, Im not so sure theres a huge point here as even if you have them fitted 95% of the other people on the road wont have and will drive into you/block your path/get well stuck and youre knackered anyway. That said the 350Z is easily the worst car Ive ever had the displeasure of using in snow and if you have any plans of using it in more than 2mm of snow then winter tyres are pretty much essential
-
Hellfrauds megauberhuge socket set 58% off until Monday
docwra replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Known as the "drifters choice", its an epic amount of toolage for the money