Jump to content

martinmac

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    27,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by martinmac

  1. As far as I know the 50s are fine, it was the 40s that had many haters.
  2. Nice one Neil, you dont have much luck with Zedfest. 1/ Arkwright 2/ Lexx 3/ Shire350z 4/ Ken 5/ haytonz 6/ Rothers2901 7/ Chesterfield +1 8/ The G Man 9/ Tarmac 10/ fakeindian 11/ Blackie 12/ garetgax 13/ Lincolnbaggie 14/ martinmac 15/ zpuppy & mrs 16/ Nidge Z32 17/ Mrs Nidge Z31 and kids 18/ maverick300zx 19 Paul Wrangle 20 Burnsie Bear 21 Nidge74
  3. viewtopic.php?f=161&t=45809&hilit=grounding
  4. I think our record was about 30 350zs, lets try and beat that for starters. 1/ martinmac+1 2/ Lexx 3/ Shire350z 4/ Ken 5/ haytonz 6/ Rothers2901 7/ Chesterfield +1 8/ The G Man 9/ Tarmac 10/ fakeindian 11/ Blackie 12/ garetgax
  5. A grounding kit is pretty cheap.
  6. If you guys want a club stand then someone will have to book it and organise the tickets. I would normally do it but i am too busy at the moment. If someone wants to take it on i am happy to help with what to do though.
  7. Hi and welcome to the forum. Roadsters rule.
  8. Scarily near the truth. A senior citizen bought a brand new 350z convertible and drove it out of the salesroom. Taking off down the motorway, he floored it to 120mph; enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left. "Amazing!" he thought as he flew down the M6, enjoying pushing the pedal to the metal even more. Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a police car behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. "I can get away from him - no problem!" thought the elderly nutcase as he floored it to 140mph, then 150 then 160. Suddenly, he thought, "What on earth am I doing? I'm too old for this nonsense!" So he pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the police car to catch up with him. Pulling in behind him, the police officer walked up the driver's side of the Nissan, looked at his watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 10 minutes. Today is Friday and I'm taking off for the weekend. If you can give me a reason why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go." The old man, looked very seriously at the policeman and replied, "Years ago my wife ran off with a policeman. I thought you were bringing her back." "Have a good day, Sir", said the policeman.
  9. Has anyone booked a stand yet.
  10. I came down Honister during the winter a few years ago in the zed. Sheet ice. It would be nice to try it with my eyes open.
  11. Hi and welcome to the forum. Put "clunk" into the search and see what matches your symptoms. I have no issues with a roadster over winter, I used to use it for work and road noise has never been an issue. The roadster is heavier though if thats an issue. I would have thought that price was a little on the high side.
  12. A covert mate.
  13. From the owner. My car started out with a 2.4 standard engine and I bought a set of center-line billet alloys for it back in 2006. Drove it around for a year or so then took it off the road for a respray. Time drifted by and booking up Le man classic last year pushed me into getting it back on the road. I stuck a 2.8 engine with tripple webers in it for the trip but was never really happy with the 200hp it produced and wanted something to get me into the 12s at santa pod. I had already bought a Toyota soarer for £400 and was useing as a dailey driver so when I broke the 2.8 engine after a cam timing issue, now was the perfect time for the engine/gearbox transplant. It took about 6 days in total time(spread over 6 weeks) and I made use of as many parts from the Soarer as possible. The total cost of the conversion was around £1000 if you take off what I recovered from selling bits and scraping the soarer. The engine is standard and make 293bhp at the wheels. Other mods are quaiff, coilovers and range rover brakes. Car is a joy to drive and returned 35mpg on the trip to Spa last week.
  14. Hi and welcome to the forum. Best of luck with the search and feel free to ask any questions
  15. Thats because most of us dont do it on a public road and dont post vids of it. This post was reported but the team were confident that the members would make the point without us having to.
  16. Always pop over and say Hi to the owners, as some of the 350z owners found out at the recent Lancashire meet some of them have some serious knowledge and car history.
  17. I bought mine about 5 years ago from the states and allowing for import cost and taxes, inflation and variations in exchange rate i would still buy this. Mine has been dragged around under my car for a long time and still looks and sounds sweet.
  18. I am sure someone clever will be along soon.
  19. I think those are Rota Grid's and these may have been on before.
  20. Its a standard dig by those who dont like the cars. There was a joint development but its a Nissan engine. Its a bit like having a pop at a Porsche for being a VW.
  21. That lovely blue Zed is John Palmers car from Z club.
  22. I know someone who said he would never do a show like that too. http://www.itv.com/popstartooperastar/c ... midge-ure/
  23. I am happy to say that I wont be doing the run, I will have gone retro by about 30 years and will be helping the band to set up. Hmmm, I wonder if I can still play.
×
×
  • Create New...