Jump to content

martinmac

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    27,445
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by martinmac

  1. The grounds are also full of rabbits so there will be everything else in the related food chain too. All asisistance with waste management will be appreciated. I will have plenty of bin bags on site.
  2. I may have bulk liquid but it wont be petrol. I wont be going anywhere.
  3. As long as it doesnt involve kilts.
  4. More than happy to do that. I am not convinced they have super unleaded btw. Its been a while.
  5. Just posted up the super unleaded situation on the other thread. You may wish to make a stop for fuel before getting here.
  6. Petrol stations with super unleaded added to first post. Dont arrive empty.
  7. Hi and welcome to the forum.
  8. I dont envy you the back pain mate, it horrible. I hope they find something they can fix easily. I had two days being bounced, well wheel-chaired around my local hospital getting a lot of different tests and as an NHS doubter was very impressed. I even had a senior consultant popping in and out of lecturing after each test. Hope you get sorted soon.
  9. He gets around the country a fait bit so it may be worth asking. He is just about finished in the Isle of Mann about now.
  10. Tim from Envy is traveling up for the LakeZ meet and may be able to help you out.
  11. We were warned by a chemistry teacher, any issues and you get 100 lines. I forgot to put a title on my submission which had to be in ink not biro. I was given 100 lines and they were to be in the next day. i will never foget the. I must put a title on all my work in the future as putting a title on my work is very important. If I dont put a title on my work I will get 200 lines instead of 100 lines and lines are a waste of time. All in "real" ink. Muppet.
  12. Using your mod powers there by anychance martin? That is only one pint of whisky now I think other forces may be at work Jay. I will consult my crystal ball and work out who esle owes US a drink .
  13. I must agree John, in most cases my mistakes are lack of keyboard skills so will be typo errors. I do really dislike the text speak and on rare occasions cant really understand what a post means.
  14. 1. martinmac 2. bladesgrant 3. ChrisS 4. The G Man 5. Neilp 6. Lexx (only if Im in the HSV. I dont need pics of the pug!) 7. Jetset 8. 350ZCaroline 9 Nixy 10 JK240z 11 TOYBOY 12. Rother2901 13 Jay (owes me one drink)
  15. Come and get signed up guys, I think Matt will be offering an even more interesting service soon.
  16. Thanks bud,
  17. Also worth mentioning that if I can help out with any space issues i will. I will have the three cars there so can pick up anything thats needed. There wont be a shop as such but there will be the shirts n sale for charity. Tim will be there with the usual great range of detailing products, PM him if you want anything specific bring up. There will also be several spot raffles on the Friday night. I will have some folding chairs on dale but not many. If anyone needs me at any time just ask Lexx, Liz or Max, we are very Hi tech at LakeZ.
  18. With the weekend fast approaching I thought ir was about time that I posted up some more details. Firstly the venue. The owners and staff at the Heaves Hotel have been fantastic and have helped me out a lot with getting this to work. There are a few rules in place but these are very basic and more common sense than restictions. No open fires or bonfires on the site. Anyone wishing to use disposable BBQs please dont use them directly on the grass. Its appreciated that those camping will bring some drink with them but please remember that the Hotel has a bar which we are welcome to use but dont take you own drink into the building. I will set up areas for camping, non zed parking and zed parking, these will be signed. I dont want to make things too formal but as we will be getting a few visitors and taking a lot of pics this will simplify things. Please remember that the toilets and showers rented for the weekend are rented by me and although the hotel provides power and water for them they have no other control or responsibility for them. They are of a very good standard but if you have any problems contact me and not the hotel. We have taken up all the rooms in the Hotel so there will be no complaints from other guests, just fellow owners. Itinerary. There is a very general one. Do what you want, its your weekend and there are lots of things to choose from. Friday, arrive, tyre kick, a bit of food and a few drinks. Saturday morning, breakfast and the drive out. Refreshments from the hotel during the day. 1900 the band will start. This will be indoors in the unlikely event that the weather isnt glorious. The buffet will be served when they take their break. £6 per ticket for this. The band will finish at 2200. Sunday morning breakfast and once everyone is with it the car judging for each model categorey and the show and shine will be done. The raffle will then be drawn. As this is a Tri forum weekend I have tried to keep most of the prizes non car specific. The traders have also been very generous at Wales so we cant hit them every month. Arrival at the Heaves. For all arriving on the M6 north or south exit at J36 heading for Kendal. From the Nprth if its busy you may take a while getting onto the roundabout off the motorway. There will probably be a police car parked on the far side of the roundabout so for those with loud buttons take it easy. From the south there is no give way after the slip road so keep in the left hand lane and drive on. The police in the area are fine, they are very busy sorting out other problems so will not bother you unless you want them to. Unlike some places our camera vans look like they should and are in clear view. I will check their website for locations each day. The police are aware of the weekend but are used to them. Having left the M6 and joined the A591 dual carriageway take the first exit, a few miles from the motorway. Signposted to Barrow, A590. This drops down to a roundabout which again can be busy. Turning left be aware that you will shortly need to take a right turn, its the second one and has a reasonable filter lane. The road is a dual carriageway so get into the right lane soon after the roundabout and try to ease any following traffic down. I will put a forum flag by the gate but there is a big sign for the hotel There are a few petrol stations in the area but I would recommend filling up before you are. I will add a list of ppetrol station when I have chance to check what they have. Please see the bottom of the post for details. Anyone staying off site, i have local taxis available. Anyone planning to drive through Grange over Sands with a lowered zed, they have a speed bump from hell. I dont drive through grange. Should anyone still need rooms i still have them in my local. Mates rates. Should anyone drive towards Barrow be warned, we have a local farm converted to a zoo so you will be driving with Rhinos and giraffes in the fields next to you. There is a supermarket pretty close should anyone need anything ( Asda). One last one, tourists are here to enjoy the views and dont watch what they are doing, assume everyone else is an idiot and you will be fine. Petrol stations with super unleaded within 20 mils. Plantation Filling Station Kendal 6.46 miles 142.9p 01-06-2011 Shell Lancaster Lancaster 14.62 miles 142.9p 28-05-2011 Hills Garage Ambleside 16.85 miles 143.9p 30-05-2011 Bowling Green Filling Station Lancaster 16.97 miles 146.9p 31-05-2011 M6 Killington Lake Connect Motorway Service Area Southbound Kendal 9.86 miles 148.9p 01-06-2011 White Stiles Service Station Kendal 5.05 miles 149.9p 27-05-2011 M6 Tebay Motorway Service Area Northbound Penrith 16.6 miles 149.9p 29-05-2011 M6 Tebay Motorway Service Area Southbound Penrith 16.89 miles 149.9p 01-06-2011
  19. Thanks bud, its a little chaotic but we will get there. I will put a new post up soon with final details and some other bits of info for travel etc.
  20. Hi and welcome to the forum. Has the dealer given you an opinion.
  21. Hi and welcome to the forum. The car looks right and the advert seems to be accurate. That looks like a good price too. There is a sticky post for new members in the FAQ section. Theres a buyers guide n there.
  22. There were some software issues on the forum last night which are being looked into.
  23. Hopefully the drive will take in Kikstone pass or similar. Mark is still sorting option to avoid the worst traffic.
×
×
  • Create New...