Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Might be a quicker way to end it
  2. Is it a low grumble or more like a thump thump thump? The thumping is kind of what they are describing but its not purely because the tyres are too wide. When you turn the wheels of the car to full lock, the camber of the wheel changes such that it tilts the wheels over to extreme angles and decreases the contact patch on the road. This means the car will scrabble for grip, jumping from having grip, to no grip, to finding it again. Its a nasty sensation and completely normal in the 370z. Its because the car has big front tyres and also because they wanted to keep the turning circle smaller, and in this country with cold weather (less maluable tyres), it scrabbles on full lock. When going faster, the inertia will push the weight to the outside and correct this angle and so contact patch is right again, but slow speeds it doesnt have the weight on the contact patch. Go outside and stick the car on full lock and look at the tyres, you'll see what I mean
  3. I guess as DRLs are now mandatory for new cars, it was the cheapest way for Nissan to bodge them in. I think they should have been down the side of the light housing personally, where there already seemed to be dimples for them (as per Mitz pic). That would have looked great, but I'm guessing it didnt meet one country or others regulations so they stuck them on the bumper
  4. Chris`I

    2013 370Z

    Knew it was only a matter of time before they gave away the red callipers on standard cars DRLs look a bit bodged on, like they are trying to hark back to the 350z
  5. Had to laugh at that. I remember a few years back when it was bad snow our finance director phoned in saying he was snowed in, and yet I had a much longer drive in than him and actually drove past his street in order to get in. My mum has been known to do a shuttle run to collect her staff that cant get in when she can. Not bad for a 60y/o with rod/pins in one arm and arthritis in pretty much every joint! Couple of years back she even walked the few miles home as the numpties in Blazingsmoke couldnt drive properly, so she left her car at the side of the road and walked it (that was the same night it took me 9hrs to get back from Slough!)
  6. If Martin can make it in, I'm sure you can
  7. You say that but a few years back it took me 9hrs to get from Slough to Basingstoke Funnily enough when there is a chance of snow the laptop comes home with me and I work quite happiy from there. I actually get more done as I dont get people always chatting to me
  8. Ah the memories Learnt to pedal wheelie on my old BMX and it felt awesome. Now if I do them, AK calls me a chav
  9. Husky used to do this, but is no longer trading. Havent heard of any others that are now offering the service
  10. RareRims are the UK distrobutor AFAIK. I think they also offer refurbing so you'd hope they could make them match
  11. Yes and yes Colin is best placed to tell you what a Stillen exhuast will give you (I had my intakes at the same time), but I think it gets you ~20HP and means the car doesnt run so stupidly rich, so well worth doing. Also means Mark will iron out any lumps and bumps in the stock map which makes it smoother. IIRC mine had a bit of a flat spot before the remap in the 3kRPM range which is right where I drive it. All gone now
  12. +1 he's letting it go for next to nothing compared to everything else out there for the same age and quality. If I had the money I'd buy it as a second Zed for track fun
  13. They say for FWD it should only be the front wheels. For RWD they say definately for rear wheels and ideally front wheels too. But TBH as they are only meant to get you moving and to a gritted road, I would just run them on the rear wheels too.
  14. I run my summer tyres all year round, but then we're fine weather bikers (apart from when we go see Andew!). Just pedal quicker James
  15. Its been pretty quiet on the write off front this year *touch wood*
  16. Far more interesting that another boring car
  17. I'd go clear the snow off the lips of your wheels if I were you. Snow destroyed the lip on my old Rotas
  18. Very nice - but the 1920's called and they want their bike back
  19. Not forgetting a Varis snow plough add on
  20. Happy Birthday bud - hope you have a good one
  21. Yeah, MTB, so he did it right
  22. Once moving it made maybe 1C difference if you're lucky. When stationary - not supprisingly - it made sod all difference. Where it did help was once you got moving again. With no ducting it could take a good minute or so for the intake temps to drop back to a few degrees above ambient. With the ducting it took about 30sec to get to the same place but dropped almost immediately to get there too. Get down Halfords and buy some, it costs less than a tenna, and give it a go
  23. Thats nicely situated the same distance/time from both of us
  24. The Alfa was saying -6.5C a couple of days ago. Nice and warm 0.8C atm here according to the weather station.
  25. SACRELAGE To be fair he only takes it out once every 6 months, so by that logic he washes it every time he drives it
×
×
  • Create New...