Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I beleive from what I read that the propedal on those are meant to be so good you dont need lock out. Now obviously you wont be able to stand up and stomp the pedals like a hard tail, but I understand it is very good for climbing in the saddle and a bit of standing up
  2. But of course http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=41164
  3. New one to the site too
  4. Chris`I

    Spare Wheel 370

    A requirement for precision handling even on a space saver But of course, we expect nothing less
  5. Why wait. just do it:) Because I've just paid for a wedding (quite literally) and I need to pay the car off. Then I can play with it some more
  6. Fair do's - so its not the dyno then, but whats to say Dan just did a better job of the map? Still interested to know if Haltech allows any controls that UpRev doesnt that gives extra gains. I've heard that when you push the limits, stand alone systems allow you to push further than Nissan essentially limit you to with UpRev, but in pretty stock form UpRev should allow all the adjustment required to get as good a tune as you could with any other EMS. Wonder if Dan is just better working with Haltech than whoever did you UpRev is with UpRev
  7. To quote Waynes World - schwwwwwwing
  8. I'd be interested to know what exactly the Haltech can do over UpRev that got you the 20HP. I'm gussing rather than Haltech vs UpRev, it was just a better tune you got and a different dyno. Dyno's can easily read +/-10HP for no good reason on different days, so could be just a better tune and different dyno coming into effect. From what I've heard on the interweb, UpRev is good, but has its limits. I have read that once you get into proper FI and NA builds it can be more performant to use a stand alone unit but these have their problems too, so its mostly down to the tuner. UpRev is the best for the window it operates in, but I get the feeling you can only push its parameters so far past the stock ones before it wont give any more, whereas stand alone will just let you keep cranking away.
  9. Upload them to photobucket or flickr and post them up that way. The forum only allows 1024x1024 images max to save our bandwidth.
  10. Check out Adam@Z1's blog. It has a lot of detailed info on what is required to get a good NA car. Exhaust, intakes, plenum and remap are just scaping the surface. To get a good NA can you need to completely rebuild the engine with stronger parts that are blueprinted so the engine can run as close to the theoretical max as possible without shaking itself apart. RJN will also be able to point you in the right direction too I think. I agree with Ricey, if you were seriously looking to do this and have no real dedication to a Zed, just go buy a faster car. Its what I did with my 350z, just got a faster version. Would have cost me thousands to get it to the 310+WHP that my 370z is at (thats a good 70HP over my 350z). Added benefit are also nicer place to be (cockpit), and better handling.
  11. Unless you decide to go through a ford, I'm sure you'll be find daily driving. Afterall if you do come across a big puddle, just tell the satnav to get you around it Look forward to some vids Kev, might do this to mine once its paid for (some time next year)
  12. Cant imagine that would be much good as a daily driver
  13. For bog-standard diesel things that a Superchip can change that quoted price is fine, but for the Zed you need different software who have no competition which is why the cost is higher. Fixed There are alternatives but they cost even more
  14. SORN it Dave, then the sun will come out and the rest of us can enjoy it
  15. Just do it in groups and the first ones down take some pics. Then the other group goes first. Works for me and AK as he belts off down the hill, stops and takes some pics when I catch up
  16. Do please keep up, they are actually a 40th Edition, and Quartz is the official 40th Edition colour. Nowhere on the car does it say Black Edition Looking good Sparky, you'll need a name change soon then
  17. Where are the action shots
  18. I dont think its that expensive any more, IIRC that was the first time it happened in a GTR so likely the had to import all the parts etc. But its also not Nissans fault, its bloody EU and their regs that require it
  19. £200 for 2 seats? Wouldnt like to crash in that If you wait SpursMadDave has my old seats to use while he gets his retrimmed. Once his are done he will have them spare and I'm sure you could get them off him to have them trimmed. Will cost more but at least it will look very good and be safe!
  20. OK, maybe not the spangly one then Andy: I use the big ring quite a bit when blasting around the flatter parts down here, but dont think I'd really miss it. I think between 2x10 and 3x10 you dont actually lose many gears at all. Just need someone I actually know to give it a try in the real world, not some mag numpty who will just big up the latest tech
  21. Funnily enough I was hoping it was running 2 x 10 for that reason to see how people get on with it in the real world. I thought though that I could see 3 rings up front. I'd go with the more spangly white on the right
  22. That looks like it will be fun Is it running 3x10?
  23. Watching the vid, I can see which will be very nausea inducing
×
×
  • Create New...