Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Chris`I

    shiney shiney

    So where are the after pics, I can only see the dirty car before you started
  2. The dash goes mental when on the dyno as the front wheels arent moving, so the car things you are having massive traction issues. This is fine though as you have TCS off. Perfectly normal and wont effect the run. What gear was the run done in and what fuel do you use?
  3. I've actually seen a good number of beginners take far worse pics on a DSLR/bridge/CSCs than a P&S. Simply because the modern P&S has very sophisticated software to aid in taking the "right" picture that DSLRs tend not to have (or have very poor versions) as they expect owners to take control. Putting my old SLR on P&S mode (auto) would result in worse pictures than my G11. My new G1X has made me relearn a lot about taking pictures properly because it has a such larger sensor, so things such as DoF are much more important as you can easily blur a background by not paying attention on Auto mode. I messed a picture up on holiday by handing it to someone else, thought "I'll stick it in Auto mode as they dont know the camera", and because it was low light it opened the aperture right up and blurred those of us nearer the back of the group as a result of shallow DoF
  4. TBH, I'm not sure what you expect to be different between the 2? Better/more expensive cameras will perform better in difficult conditions than cheaper ones. The iPhone has a fixed lens which will be very quick (allows lots of light capture) so will always look pretty good, especially in good light, but even in poor light. The bridge camera is all about allowing control though, how much of the photo background is in or out of focus (depth of field) and how much motion blur can be achieved (shutter speed). The iPhone doesnt allow any control over this AFAIK, so anywhere you want to do these kinds of things the iPhone will fail to impress compared to the bridge. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but if you learn to use the bridge for what its really for, then you will get some excellent pics that the iPhone will never get
  5. We got my Mum a Canon IXUS 115 recently and its a great little P&S camera. PC World are selling them off cheap atm, if you can get one they are about £80. http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/canon-ixu ... 0-pdt.html Things to watch out for: More megapixels isnt always better. More means you can print them larger, but anything 10MP or over is more than enough for 8x5 or even up to A4 size printing. More megapixels means the buckets that catch the light (photosites) are smaller. This reduces low light performance as each bucket cant catch as much light as if they were bigger and you had less MP. This is a trap a lot of people fall into, so if you want to do low light shots (even just night portraits or restraunt shots) then dont go mad on the MP count. Rear illuminated sensors are far better in low light too. So try and get a camera with this if you can. The Canon has a new high sensitivity sensor in it (rear illuminated) which is very good for such a small camera. If you can get into a shop and give them a try in different conditions to see if it will work for what you want.
  6. Chris`I

    2013 370Z

    That has potential! I believe that is Black Rose over here, as seen on many a roadster
  7. Thats some serious PdS preperation matey Looks like the weather gods were fairly nice to ya, I could imagine that being a nightmare if the weather was bad. My prep this weekend included a nice 6 mile out and back to the pub in the New Forest with a friend and his kids. They did really well for a 7 and 11 year old, but I think Amanda struggled on her new bike Thought this one was quite good given I was riding infront of them one handed with my G1X in the other facing the wrong way!
  8. Zedley has been drafted for some spec ops with me and a certain other moderator. Admin and moderator beat a REO in Zedted top trumps That's if Zedley gets here!
  9. We've got some camping chairs if you want a loan Jim?
  10. I've heard the shops over there arent cheap, but that takes the mick!
  11. I just need to stop buying new bits. At this rate I might as well have just bought a new bike and been done with it
  12. Hope you got the English version of that one bud - they have both FR and EN on Amazon Trial fitted the c.guide last night, no more chain slappage Just like the new Stumpys have, so it must be a design "feature"
  13. I didn't realise you had bought absolutely everything
  14. You read the stories? Someone must have, otherwise they wouldn't have had them in there
  15. I moved it away from public view while we review the report raised by another member.
  16. Seriously Dave, I'm going to change your rank to Forum Perv soon
  17. Just picked up the c.guide and for anyone that remembers the DCD (Dave's Chain Device), this thing is tiny in comparison! Look forward to testing it out soon
  18. Did you decide to under-bike yourself so that there were no complaints then? I've had quite a few orders in recently for Passportes preparation. Will have to get some pics up! + Avid Elixir 9's (my Elixir CRs onto Amanda's) + New brake pads all round + All brakes bled with Dot 5.1 (spare pot of 5.1 to take with us) + Few new t-shirts and shorts (Stif were doing Fox stuff quite cheap) + Bionic c.guide v02 to shut my chain up + Some Superstar grips + XT Trail SPDs + G-Form knee pads The list will continue. I'm resisting getting a droppy seat post as I know bar PdS I will virtually never use it.
  19. Steve Jobs put it quite nicely why they dont support flash - and good on them I say - Flash is EVIL! http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/
  20. The LE37s are LE37's
  21. I just make sure when I am away anywhere that the hotel has wifi I've found 3G works better on my iPad than iPhone, I assume because it has a bigger antenna. Still a bit woeful though. Just make sure you dont depend on it. Thats why I bought a Garmin GPS (800) for the bike
  22. highway agency or police +1 hope you got it reported ASAP. If its got sand on it then it will very likely be a Diesel spill and obviously they havent cleaned it up properly Glad you're ok though, that would have been scary
  23. Like 3G but faster Probably wont be in your area for at least another year or 2, thats if we're lucky
  24. Yup its something to look into. Not sure why its doing it mind. I hadnt noticed as I always use "View Unread Posts". I'll see if Mr Chesterfield has any ideas.
×
×
  • Create New...