-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
Shocking Nissan HPC experience West Way Manchester
Chris`I replied to Alex C's topic in 370z General
The really scary things is there must be enough idiots out there that just buy these things with service like that, otherwise they'd go out of business! Dont know why people put up with it. -
Shocking Nissan HPC experience West Way Manchester
Chris`I replied to Alex C's topic in 370z General
My experiences of West Way Nissan are about on par. When I got my 350z from WW Basingstoke, they said it had one previous owner, but when the V5 arrived it was 4! I was compensated by them doing the next couple of services which was fair enough and I was happy. Went back to test drive a 370z, having pre-booked it in person, and on the day they didnt have the car. Turns out the dealer principal took it out the night before and didnt bring it back. So went home (only 5 mins away) to come back an hour later when the principal had brought it in. No apology or anything from them. Went to go for a testdrive and was told you have to use their pre-defined route. Really wasnt best pleased at this point. To be fair to the sales girl that came with me, she said the route takes 45mins so as long as we're back in around that time, we can go wherever we like. The reason I wanted to take it somewhere different was to make sure it fit in our garage ok. So test drive went ok, but needless to say they didnt get the sale. Instead it went to WLMG Slough who have always been faultless when dealing with me. They gave me a cracking deal, always kept me up to date with the delivery and even surprised me by getting the car on a quicker transporter and getting it to me a month early in time for the Wales meet that May I know some have had problems with WLMG in Slough though, so its all swings and rounderbouts. You have to remember they are used to selling Micras to old grannies, even at HPC's so you have to ask around to get the best salesman etc. If you dont like them just walk away. To be fair, I've had similar experiences with all brands of cars from SEAT, Alfa, Merc, Volvo etc. All the same, its just pot luck if you get someone good -
Good work buddy
-
That looks great Jim, photos capture it nicely too
-
Dont think the nav forms so much of the brain of the car, but it does give you feedback on things like temp selection, fan speed/position, etc. You *might* be able to unplug it and see if they still work, just without the feedback on the screen? Could try unplugging it and seeing what happens I think your best option will be to get an aftermarket processor and new speakers tbh. Wont be miles away from a decent HU and unless you are used to competition winning systems, I cant see you'll notice the difference either, especially if you are using the car properly
-
Working in IT and having a 370z with nav I can say that it wont be easy if at all possible to replace their system. The screen integrates the other controls such as heating and ICE. What you can do is take the feed that comes from the HU/nav system and feed it to a new amp and speakers. There are a few build threads on www.the370z.com which do the same. Due to the odd impedance of the Bose system, I think there are only a few amps/processors that you can use and they arent cheap. I did find the SQ got better if you sound deaden the car though as an easy upgrade.
-
I thought Ian was joking about the pics
-
You clearly tried it on in the wrong place, you need to get the Leon to a corner where it would have under steered off the road Leon's are quick but Zed is far more fun and rewarding to drive. Not he quickest car in a straight line but quick point to point compared to a lot of other cars.
-
You have to start building the collection early so that you have a decent amount for when Lewis wants a go. We did this with a friend and Scalextrix, we made a 50ft track in their living and dining room Definately a good idea to start building it early.
-
Happy Birthday matey CHOO CHOO!
-
Do you do the Flatstoppers Chris? Guessing they will still be uber expensive. I'd have a set if they were reasonable but I think in the States they are equivelant to about £175
-
Yep, thats Jurgens company. Weird tings though, no power figures, reflashed ECU rather than standalone, the wheels are Gram Lights and not G Games .......... wouldnt say no mind you I seem to remember at the time the ECU was done they (Envy) were looking into buying the kit that would let them do it from Technosquare. This was before UpRev was widely available (maybe even before UpRev was available at all) in this country. They never did buy the kit from what I remember but the car was more an proof of concept for them for it. Thats what I seem to recall anyway. I'm sure if our search wasnt borked then I could find the details
-
same way he has Envy's old drag Supra. Which is still for sale 2 years on. Didnt realise JM were pawnbrokers too Nice car, looked lovely in the flesh the few times I saw it. Dont like the rear spoiler, but they rest of it - from what I remember - was very nice
-
Wonder how Jurgen got hold of that. I assume its Jurgen @ JM Imports anyway.
-
As I said on FacePalm - MTFU! Good luck bud, you know where we are if you need us!
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Neither - its not blue and it only has 2 wheels! -
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Now you've gone and got his hopes up We can have a quick catchup at the pub Graham -
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
What height are you? I might have another in the garage to suit Its a bit more than a beginners bike but would be a good deal, better than you'd get from Halfords etc for the same price. -
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Well Amanda's old Myka has gone to a new home. A nice chap, his wife and their lad came to view the bike and paid cash there and then. The stable now only has 6 bikes in it Randomly they are into MTBs and she used to have a 350z! -
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I hear big wheels are making a comeback -
Crikey! Hope you're feeling better soon matey
-
I *think* 95RON will be fine in the 370z as the knock sensor works throughout the rev range. This assumes the engine can cut enough timing off the map to stop the knock though. Dont know for sure and wont know until someone gets one on a dyno with it to see. You will definately lose power and also MPG. To be safe I'd run the car on the fuel Nissan specify.
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Cant argue with that. But to get the same rush from the Zed involves 3 figures on the speedo -
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Yeah Cycle Show was a bit ermmm ropey! So much potential, lets hope it gets better! Interesting weekend. We had Friday off due to a friends wedding on the Thursday, so decided as the weather was nice to head up to Afan for a quick lap of Whites and The Wall, then off to CwmCarn today. Well that was the idea. On Saturday we managed to do the Whites climb and over to The Wall descent for a stop for lunch when Amanda's knee decided to give up! Queue a road ride, well cycle path, back to base for me to grab the car. Fortunately it was all along the valley so not too bad and Amanda doesnt seem to have done any real damage. So no finish to W2 or CwmCarn, but we will be back! Until then she was flying along, much more confidence on her new bike and really improving. Even tried out some of the black route with me Whites Level climb - Amanda did really well as this was quite technical and she pretty much cleared it all. We even overtook a few mincers Boardwalk on the black loop Quick stop after the black loop - still smiling! Turbines for Mr AK... And Mr Robin who decided to show us the way back... -
Any other mods? Sounds about right if they havent already had a remap