Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Definately agree with the others WRT renting vs buying, but I would still say stay at home until you are comfortable and know what you want to do and also how much disposable income you will really have. Dont underestimate how much a house costs to run, it makes the Zed seem cheap
  2. Had to position ours so that the trees down the road didnt block it in winter. Took me ages to find a spot, then about 2 weeks later they came and chopped them down
  3. Sounds from the Popcharger always won me over
  4. I'd put money on it will feel a fair bet more lively with the the pop-charger removed let alone with the VS too
  5. Say hello to Abid and G from me (tell them Chris with the first one), they'll look after you
  6. Nothing wrong with the smilies on my iPhone or iPad. Are these problems on iPhone 4s? I'm running iO5 on both my iDevices.
  7. I get 404's too
  8. Pfff - 200 lumen, my helmet bike like has 300 and my bar light over 500 (its advertised as 900 but doesnt have anywhere near that, maybe 600 max) Amazing what they can do with LEDs these days.
  9. Some serious skills there, and also shows how well the planes are made to be able to skid on on their belly/engine!
  10. What's wrong with the handbrake?? If its not properly adjusted at each service it can be pretty crap! I used to leave mine in gear too, even though it was properly adjusted.
  11. You'll be hard pushed to notice the difference between 95RON and 99RON TBH, as the engine is just running as it should on 99RON. When you would notice the difference is if you then went back to 95RON Once you have super in theres no way you will notice the difference between Tesco or any other derivative of Super, apart from perhaps an 1-2MPG difference, but that will more likely be down to the weather (cold weather = lower MPG) or how you drive the days you have it in there. The most important thing is now you are running Super, you shouldnt be getting det which is far better for the engine
  12. Going to go against the grain on this one. Have you got the new job? As people have said, you will be on probabation for anything up to 6 months (my current job I've just completed 5 months probation). Why not live at home until then, run the 350z as a commuter (I used to commute 35 miles each way in the 350z), and see how it goes? Last thing you want to do is sell the Zed, commit to a mortgage and running costs of a house and then possibly find you dont like the job or other reason not to complete probation. Then you will be left with all of the costs and no fun trying very quickly to find a new job?
  13. From what I've heard, lead free solder is quite a bit more brittle, especially after a few heat cycles, which is exactly why laptops and game consoles can quite often fail like this. Ironically the save the planet mentality means you need to buy a new console if you dont know about these fixes which means you are sending what would have been a perfectly good bit of equipment to landfill for no reason
  14. Soddling lead free solder I had to reseat the heatsink in my XB360 to achieve the same thing. Dry joints gave me RROD. Removed the heatsink and reseated it with some bolts and washers (as per a guide I had), then booted it up, got it nice and warm and then covered it over. Heat makes the solder flow slightly back into the joints and bingo - no more RROD. Only replaced the XB a few weeks ago so I could get HDMI output for the projector, the original is still running - although about 100x louder than the new slim
  15. Go for the Lambo WRT to the rev limit, the instructor I had when I did my Aston experience tried to limit me to lower revs always barking to change up. I just took no notice of him I'd go out on the first lap and see what they are like, if they let you push on then go for it, if they dont save it for the penultimate or final lap and then have some fun - they can only tell you to pit after all
  16. Not literally though please
  17. Laptop would be what I would go for. Also try to avoid getting the most powerful laptop on show and insted get something light/thin. I normally go for 13-15" screens and then go as light and thin as possible for budget. She doesnt need a desktop replacement, so will appreciate having something light on her lap when browsing rather than 7KG monster than can play the latest games.
  18. More stable because it is probably a 90/10 mix once in the tyre unless you run a vac. which then may give you 100% nitrogen Would a vac even get out most of the air? Cant see a tyre deforming enough on the rim to suck out the air. You'd need to do a few cycles to try and flush out the air. Would be a right PITA - easier just to check the pressures Sure I've seen setups before where they have 2 valves so they can flush them through. my vac pump vacs down beyond 2 torr so it could sook the air out but the tyre will deform. Easier just to empty and fill with nitrogen leaving a couple of litres of uncompressed air in and mix it with the nitrogen. Thats what I was getting at Its quite common to see twin valve wheels in motorsport, makes it easier for them to flush through nitrogen and also monitor tyre pressurs.
  19. More stable because it is probably a 90/10 mix once in the tyre unless you run a vac. which then may give you 100% nitrogen Would a vac even get out most of the air? Cant see a tyre deforming enough on the rim to suck out the air. You'd need to do a few cycles to try and flush out the air. Would be a right PITA - easier just to check the pressures Sure I've seen setups before where they have 2 valves so they can flush them through.
  20. FWIW no clutch will hold up to well against badly performed donuts
  21. only if you scrape them to the ground, both them lads have their car lowered. My guess is that if you dont scrape them they stay alive a good bit longer. Also the lads are running boost so not sure how well they're ment to without over pressure. I had new flexis on my nismo y-pipe less than 2k miles ago. It gets used as a bump guard to warn me when i'm close to the ground(usually on worn edge roads) Bit of a nightmare but we have to deal with it when lowered. Mines are looking rough already but as long as the internals hold up, that all i'm caring about lol Agreed - when I bought my Nismo from AdrianK the flexi looked absolutely knackered, but it didnt blow. His car was rather low and scraped everywhere. I'm guessing its more boost related or rather extra heat that has killed the flexi quicker as the flexi in the pic doesnt look bad at all.
  22. Like it or not, it just reinforces the sterotype people have of young lads. TBH I've always thought that there should be more courses for young lads, kind of like the Car Limits airfield days where you can go a rag your car around for £40 and not have anyone or anything to hit. Shame there arent more places like that about as a lot more accidents would be averted if they did. All lads want to go and have a rag around, some just dont choose very wise places to have a go
  23. Chris`I

    cc's

    This Just dont look on the insurance database I'm sure it has some crazy value when I got quotes for my car before I bought it
  24. Also Daryl, dont you have a few F1 engineers you can ask
  25. Thats exacty it. What I cant work out, is if you shrink the window beyond a certain point, rather than crush the screen up even more, it makes you scroll from left to right, but I cant for the life of me work out what controls when it does that. If we could, we can hard code it to the right size so that all the buttons show. The problem is with a mix of abolute and percentage sized tables (and tables within tables within tables) this gets rather confusing
×
×
  • Create New...