Jump to content

rtbiscuit

Members
  • Posts

    22,020
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rtbiscuit

  1. rtbiscuit

    DPE Wheels

    http://www.forgeline...tepped-lip.html http://howeyindustri...e-sc3c-sl.html/
  2. rtbiscuit

    DPE Wheels

    http://firesport.com.au/concave-concept-wheels-get-dvd-cd-head-unit--ad227570.htm
  3. rtbiscuit

    DPE Wheels

    forgeline or mht wheels?
  4. They would need vinyl cutting but wouldn't be expensive as its not printed.
  5. dan you got to do the sides i like that alot
  6. very nice
  7. i now have this image of you in one of those glass conference rooms giving someone a bollocking with lots of hand gestures, as the german bankers walking in all they see is you with that tash looking like your doing nazi salutes while shouting at a colleague
  8. advantage of custom build is they can make it as quiet or as loud as you like
  9. rtbiscuit

    Eyebrows

    doesnt bother me i havvent owned a zed for about 4 years
  10. i like that, one piece of advice would be to get the badge recess filled before painting to give it that smooth look
  11. rtbiscuit

    Eyebrows

    mine needed modifying to fit, so had to cut the bit that tucks down the side off and i bonded them on with tiger seal these were mine and on another car
  12. AFAIK scavenging can only happen where either bank can pull gases from the opposite bank,
  13. i'd love to have that for my classroom and workshop
  14. True cars have gotten cheaper,, but i think ownership age is roughly the same. As i dont see many teenagers affording the insurance <-- if they did they got way more disposable income than i got that'l be for sure I still like how the OP wasnt flamed off the board for not having the (forum excepted rims) i dont want to hijack the thread but man.. haha i been on forums where it would be flame city if you didnt confirm to "their" norm!! anyhow OP let us know what you decide on ? you dont have to be young to be a chav
  15. Wolfrace as a company I don't mind, and some wheels they do are not bad. But for me if I think wolfrace, I think cheap heavy wheels bought in halfrauds to go on cheap cars. But as the zed is now a cheap car I suppose we'll see more of it. Someone earlier mentioned the forum getting chavvy. I wouldn't say we're getting chavvy, but there is a real difference from 5 years ago. Peoples nodding budgets are a lot different. Yes the cars are cheaper and the budgets lower, but I think the people have got better.
  16. I went down the custom route but with longlife.co.uk as there local franchise demand engineering have an excellent reputation. Also its on my xkr and not on a zed. I've been very pleased with it. But I went that route as I wanted to design my own system. Spent 6 months researching, then went to see demand and they put my plans into reality.
  17. £30 an hour! I live in the wrong place!! Jag dealership near me is £135 an hour labour. The guys I use build race cars as well. Not just maintain customers cars. No reason why you can't come use my mechanics. Lucky me I suppose. There body shop is also the bmw dealership repair garage. Top notch work at sensible prices.
  18. as someone who's just had an interview on Tuesday and got a promotion at a new school; wishing you the best of luck. keep calm, think your answers through, no harm delaying an answer by taking a sip of water or asking them to repeat a question. be positive and confident and talk as if you are already doing the role. fingers crossed for you.
  19. considering we only have about a 2 week period (all added up) where there is snow it seems a great expense and waste of time and resources buying either a replacement winter car or doing winter tyres. unless you live up in the highlands. most main roads are salted and cleared anyway, so the only thing you have to do is get out of your road. I've driven all my performance cars through the winter. always on summer tyres. and even done one winter with re040's with about 2 mm of tread left. drive the car to the conditions and use the right driving techniques the car is fine. so if you have a manual, pull away in 2nd and third, don't use 1st. use the clutch to rock and roll the vehicle to start moving gently. don't use the brakes use the slowing power of the gear box and change down a gear. leave lots of brake distance. small steady steering inputs. and keep the speed relevant to the conditions. I was quiet happily making progress last year when colleagues off the same estate were rining in saying they were stuck with their fwd cars. yes there are times where there is too much snow in which case don't drive.i think I need a push twice in 4 years and that was just to get moving out of the car park. great thing about autos is you can put it in drive, get out and push your own car
  20. Have a good one
×
×
  • Create New...