Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Evening all, I need some advice from anyone in the plumbing trade. Basically my boiler has issues and no longer heats the water as it should. The boiler is 16 years old so I guess it's time for a replacement. I've been quoted £2,400 The boiler is located in the centre of a maisonette, which has a vertical flue. I would have thoughts a simple job of just replacing the boiler, although I've been informed it's not as simple as that. So, I need some advice on what my options are and what I should be expected to pay? cheers
  2. +1,000,000,000,000,000!! I've had it with snow for this year. Thing is I'm skiing in January, will I get pee'd off to the fact snow is still around me!!
  3. This is mega sad news, I can totally relate to the empty complex, units empty and a vast amount of space wasted. I also noticed the roller coaster and was keen to have a go on it, although clearly it doesn't work. The welcome centre was good with a museum of motor racing and the ring, although the busiest area was the ring itself, what does that tell you! The ring won't go, it's a massive marque of Germany, although to help potential investors support from those who know of the ring and have experienced it should support it's future. Loved Sabines Christmas hat!!
  4. NOS?
  5. Here's the link to the trip we have scheduled for April 2011 viewtopic.php?f=97&t=42241&start=0 with names thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=42285 As others have mentioned, this is not an event which we are to prove who can get round the ring the quickest. I've also seen a number of accidents on the ring, and the amount of traffic or potential delays on the ring means you won't get your sub 8 mins unless you are totally commited and taking risks! As Ekona has mentioned, best to visit the ring to obtain a sub 8 during a private booking, such as club days etc? Public days are too risky for achieving lap records. You are more than welcome to tag along pop your name and others on the list if you're interested.
  6. I also managed level 22 last night, although the races I have now are extreme, and the fastest vehicle I have is the Veyron, although it's useless on the corners. The competition stands at 700bhp and 600-1000kg. So a Veyron has no chance, my GTR also has the same cornering issue and my Pagani Zonda just burns through rubber like butter! For me to compete I need about £4m and since my last spending spree I only have £1.4m so I need to earn some money and FAST!! I may take up those seasonal races. I had a go on the Time Trial last night, managed 53,000 on the leaderboard, and that was with an underpowered vehicle. So tonight I'll make some changes!! (Still loving GT5 and it seems Black Ops is a thing of the past!!)
  7. Nice figures, good to see some testing going on there. Why not slap some Nitrous in the mix
  8. Congratulations, great setting and always nice to give the girl a surprise. I did the same sort of thing in the Austrian Alps a year ago, she loved it. Girls they are so soft sometimes. Good luck and hope you'll have some funds after the wedding for the car....
  9. i have pic as well but can't upload on photobucket due to current bugs. Anyway GM spotted on said road just this second
  10. And I believe the Do-luck also have a nice price tag! Although I really like the ings+1 but it don't look great in Azure, White looks amazing!!
  11. Oh yes and I have to thank my faithful and trustworthy, reliable and courteous supplier, Sarah at ChilliRed
  12. Ever since following Clarkie for endless miles in Wales May this year I fell in love with the bumper. I can't wait to put it on her although still deciding on a front bumper and skirts. I may keep the lines by having Chargespeed skirts although the front bumper is a tough choice and I don't want a Nismo v1 or 2 as they are too popular. I wanted the V3 but at the mo I can't justify £1,400 befor painting. The shine front end is VERY tempting. I've also chosen the wheels but again can't get them in the uk and cost just to deliver without tax they are $2,980!!!
  13. Well done, I would say well spotted although it's wrapped up It won't be going on the car till March so it will stay wrapped up till then.
  14. Nope, keep guessing. Lol Zugara that's correct
  15. Well after many months of ownership and modifications in the power department it's time to look at the exterior. I've recently screwed my wheels up and front bumper so I thought it be best to give my Suzie some love (especially as she's 8 inches under the snow and feeling bruised) Can anyone guess what it is?
  16. Bad news fella, looks like we're all having an ordeal of some type. It's the inconvenience of the snow and how the councils deal with keeping the roads safe, which as we all know they fail at miserably. Glad you're ok and good luck with the Mrs
  17. Heck 888's that's a risk? To be honest not sure which tyres would have coped the back end just went? My Mrs 206 has coped very well, I may use that to get to work. It's the first time in my life I've ever experienced black ice like this, especially on a clear dual carriageway. I'm just so glad there wasn't more cosmetic damage. The front bumper is being changed in the next 2-3 months anyway, along with the wheels. Although I want the car checked over as the rim damage is pretty bad.
  18. We're staying just outside Brixham, we come down about 4 times a year as our uncle owns a luxury lodge and we come for a chill out and views over the sea. Snow hasn't been too bad although the gritters are far and few between. I can't wait for this bad weather to go, although I think winter tyres are def on the cards now. Thanks again everyone a very suppritive forum helps to get over these unfortunate circumstances
  19. Thanks you're all a good bunch. Just all be carefully. Sarah, I've got a pic but can't upload to photbucket for some reason so I'll have to wait till Mon. Journey down to Dorset was fine but not looking forward to the snow in Brum on my return.
  20. Thanks for your comments guys, really appreciated. As Rothers says each bit of road is different. I was in the inside lane, no snow, and doing around 35mph. The car overtaking me didn't flinch but I still managed to find the ice. It surprised the he'll out of me but the worst part was the noise of metal grinding and the thought of the damage. Had the traction control been on, who knows what may have happened. It just means I now have a great excuse for new wheels and bumper A shed option is very much on the list now. I really don't want to hurt my girl!
  21. I've managed to calm down after 20hours of getting over the shock! Last night on my way home I found some lovely black ice on a dual carriageway. The road changed camber and elevation which upset the rear wheels, lost traction and luckily the traction control stepped, although it was too late!! Counteracting the slide wasn't enough for the Zed to mount the kerb and see the entrance to the tunnel wall slap bang next to me on the passenger. The noise of grinding metal was painful, I managed to straighten her up without writing the car completely off. I manage to find a quiet road to inspect the damage! I looked round the car and found nothing had occurred to the bodywork apart from the nearside front bumper, although my RAYS are fooked!! I was going to get them reffurbed anyway but it's not the point. Strangley after my event the traction control light and slip gauge was continually lit, but after a switch off and back on all seems fine. Will be getting the car in the garage to check the alignments to make sure all is okay. So a warning to all,just be careful even if the conditions look fine! I'll post pics once I get home on Monday.
  22. I thought the bike rider crossing the junction who was hit from the right was funniest especially as he was ridng with an umbrella!!
  23. It's that horrible dampness on the road. I am finding exactly the same issue, looks like the conditions are fair, but underneath there's enough moisture to let that back end go. Very sorry to hear and see your news..... it's a real heart sinker.... I hope you manage to get a reasonable solution!! (Is that a police van behind your car?)
  24. Which is exactly like you Ian!! Lovely bumper as well. Shhhhhhhh
  25. Don't make me jealous.... My bumper should be delivered today, although won't be fitting until March/April when my other body bits will have arrived and be ready for fitting. I will be touching my bumper tonight.... (sounds a bit perv!)
×
×
  • Create New...