-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
DSLR Camera Vote!! (Votes required 23/11/10 only)
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
The canon 500d is also the camera I seem to be looking at most, good review and for the price packed well with goodies and apparently picture quality is highly rated. Great to see comments flooding in..... -
DSLR Camera Vote!! (Votes required 23/11/10 only)
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I used to have a great deal of interest in the old 35mm slr camera's years and years ago. I need to get to grips with the digital world and with the camera being digital I won't be wasting film like I used to with the 35mm. Therefore I'm more than happy to delve further into the digital world and fully understand it's capabilities. Agreed the lenses are just as important as the camera, although it's only for the car and to take some serious close-up's. I have looked at the hybrid camera's but feel I could be wasting my money when I want to expand my options say in 6-12 months time. Cheers for your input!! Anyone else?? -
The camera will be used for taking pictures of the car. I'm not fussed about the video recording quality if applicable. I will not be taking hardly any night time shots, unless suitably lit. Budget is upto £500 and no more!! As fast as you can with your vote and comments please..... (I'm not a photographer and won't understand all the technical jargon, although I've wittled my list down to the above). Cheers!
-
I think everything about the Nissan is PERFECT (now where is my white stick!) To be fair I'm not that disgruntled with the car, I went in purchasing the car knowing it's interior is plastic and that's about it. I've had one slight annoyance with a dealer and since then avoided them. My car is serviced and modified by Abbey and I've been happy ever since. I've not had any clicky axles, or droplink issues, sticking window motors or anything of that type (touching wood!). I am 99% happy with the car, and since I get services outside of Nissan Dealerships I'm happy furthermore. I see what you are saying - and clearly some have been more experienced with the issues the car can potentially place on the owner, but I'm happy. (still touching wood). If I had the money, I'd purchase a 370 or GTR - so there's not enough negativity for me to say Nissan are terrible?? I guess everyone experiences good and bad in a car/dealer, and for that reason have suitable grounds in which to rant. So what's on your mind today then Husk! Thing is, if there's a serious problem ranting about it won't get the message across, so what's the next step? Get in touch with Nissan HQ and give them a piece of your mind!
-
The front's of course take a lot longer to wear down, you could always get the rears this month and get the fronts next month. Although I am not actually looking forward to winter with my 452's! (Are we ever going to do that Airfield destroy our tyres thing that was suggested!! )
-
+1 In hindsight I would have stayed with the RE050 - I was in the same position as you this year when my fronts weren't so bad and plumped with changing all 4 to 452's. For the money they aren't bad. Although anything other than dry roads I find they are not as good as the RE050's. If it was me I'd just replace the rear tyres and maintain the RE050. If you change all 4 you are looking at £400+ fitting, get two new rears and you're looking at £300+ fitting? Personally I like to have grip in the wet!! Although it's totally up to you of course....
-
Heck man I hate this phone sometimes it's writing the wrong words and my last sentence looks a load of crap and I can't edit the message unless I turn the laptop on!
-
Yes welcome Jetset I hate it here cos I have no money left!! My car was oem 4 months then I stumbled across this forum and now look what's happened. I have no money left and now 3 points on my license. It's a greasing ground for modifications, o seduce cleaning and meeting strangers. I NEED MEDICATION!!!!
-
No worries, it was part of my weight loss program so I was kinda glad to get rid of it. You should have come in for that Curry it was superb!! Nice to meet you and hope to see you at a Midlands meet some time in the future!
-
297k on DOA and those codes work on the PS3 great find!!
-
My fuel economy has dropped to 15mpg in town - it used to reside at between 19 and 21 mpg - this is painful to the wallet and the eye as I look at my mpg gauge. But you know what, I could be doing 5mpg I wouldn't care - the amount of looks the car still gets, little kids, those in Z4's, Boxsters, TT, and some 911's, I could never change this car out. I still believe that I will get rid of it in 2 years time, but I dread that moment, what will be the next move, will I get another Zed, will I keep the one I have - or will I have no funds left to buy a car because I put too much money into this one and it's now worth nothing at all hardly (lol)!! Nothing can beat the Zed feeling.... We shall see you next year with a nice shinny Zed!!
-
Only just been able to watch this, truly amazing - he's definetly "at one" with his bike!! Very creative and made great use of the telphone box, might try that one day (If only)
-
I'm not sure to be honest, although now you mention it, it may have exclusivity!! Superb!! Looking forward to a bit of online racing - I think for this thread we should include online names so that we can catch up and challenge etc!
-
im up for some of that. Me too, although who's PS3 and Who's Xbox?
-
I've done it. Makes for interesting reading I know I saw your parts list and could see the digits in front of my eyes thinking boy oh boy that's some serious outlay.... worth it though for the enjoyment factor the only sad horrible part of it is when you want to sell and you see all that hard earned cash diminish into a very small amount of cash at the end of it. When I first set out to get some mods on the car I said I'd only spend a little (hence the NOS being the cheaper option) - no chance!! Power = ££££££ I've not even started with the exterior yet and I've probably spent £6k'ish (probably more but I can accept £6k until I check exactly how much I've spent).
-
I feel your pain Chris... I've been power hungry and spent FAR TOO MUCH!! I keep meaning to put a list together myself with dates and costs, but I can't bring myself to do it, as I know I will have a heart attack!!
-
Hmmmm.... Interesting find though.... I don't really want to purchase more rubber for my 18's till I go up a level - which I was going to wait till next year... just searching the web for a place to purchase the wheels of my choice, but it looks like import only so far!!!
-
Based on the standard 18" Prices are £353 for the rear and front are £301, so that's a grand total of £654! Still not bad, cheaper than normal.....
-
That is a good price!! Where's that airfield so that I can scrub the tread off these tyres!! (Alternatively I could always get some new whees) Hmmm there's a thought...
-
It's great inspiration for what I'm looking for I wasn't sure Husk had done it because there's no LED's on it???
-
Husk, sorry to side step on your thread. What software did you use to create your banner - i.e the text and logo etc - was it Photoshop?
-
Meguiars detailing seminar 27th November 2010
Wasso replied to Envy Valeting's topic in Announcements
Might be worth sending a PM to each name on the list to confirm their attendance. I'll be there of course and happy to join the tail end of the convoy. -
Class act there Husk, good session of laughter especially Simons cat. Not sure about the bloke with a pussy in the shower, I think he's got it well wrong!!!
-
Meguiars detailing seminar 27th November 2010
Wasso replied to Envy Valeting's topic in Announcements
A Moderator and Site Admin pulling out..... tut tut tut Good job members are dedicated!!