Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. PM Sent
  2. I wasn't aware of this little trick thanks
  3. This is why I traffic my sales to eBay - it saves all the hassle! I was stung on a tyre - lack of information provided - I threw it away in the end. I agree though, clarity on the sale is imperative!!
  4. I see the Tesla is included - surely there's no requirement to reduce the "gaming" carbon footprint as well - what is the world coming to? A serious list of cars I have to say.... No wonder it's taken so long for them to make this game. There also seem to be a large number of versions for the 350z, and not so many for the Germans!!
  5. I think the value of the Falkens is for sure a winner and to be fair isn't far wrong from the more expensive brands. There's a lot worse for your money I'm sure. Then again tyre prefference is normally goverened by the driver.... I have a fluid right foot and as such feel the Falkens don't perform to my requirements. I also didn't like them on the ring, not the greatest amount of grip I have to say, which actually lowered my confidence with them. I'm hoping to wear out my Falkens by April to test some Vred's or MPS? But then I need new wheels before then - so I guess the price is going to be a little painful!
  6. Probably due to the price of replacing a full set of 4 boots in one go, easy option is to take the cheaper alternative. Husky has the Vred's - sure he'll comment. I wanted the MPS but I was looking at £800 (good price) for a set of 4. Whereas, the Falkens cost half that price. To be honest I think I may try the Vred's unless I feel flush and go for the MPS?
  7. I've also noticed this morning the Falkens don't perform as well as the RE50's (Lost but not forgoten!) I was slipping around like nobody's business, this is on normal roads in and around town. Although I must add the car is setup differently to last winter, so I need to tone down my driving during the icy periods. But I have to say the Falkens aren't that great in the wet/ice. (for me anyway).
  8. Well that's 3 launch controls used up, 3 to go then voided warranty I believe, or is it more left. Either way the will probably just dismantle the car and use parts as ornaments in their home Does look quick and you have to laugh at the guy checking the exhaust. I can understand the clearing of the stones from the tyres but the exhaust bloke what issues could there be? Small rodent stuck up the pipe?
  9. Wasso

    Azure PORN

    Good work The camera really can't pick up that silky shine as good as the naked eye!! I've tried a number if angles myself although hoping a better camera might do the trick!! Azure porn it is......
  10. I had the same issue at the Nurburgring - brakes went after 10 mins, but then I didn't have a clue where I was going and had to brake more than normal. At the time I had performance friction pads and oem disks and of course brembo calipers. What I didn't change was the brake fluid which apparently was the main cause of the problem, with the fluid overheating. Changes I've made since then is improved brake fluid and braded lines. I'm yet to test this new setup, although I'm sure there will be others along soon with more track experience to confirm if your problem was the same as mine and to provide a solution?
  11. Wasso

    MOT car wash

    Bad times - I nearly had the same issue at Nissan for my MOT. Went to collect the car and they said "would you like your car washed sir before you leave" NO!! DON'T TOUCH IT!! I was calm and very polite before he mentioned the word CLEAN with a dirty sponge!! I left the garage rather promptly!!
  12. HOTEL / B&B Boys and Girls....... There are a number of options regarding the accomodation: 1. Stay at Nuerburg - close to the track (Not a great deal of accomodation/eating/drinking options) 2. Stay in the heart of Koblenz (Prices may be higher, parking charges, although options for food and drink increase) 3. Stay just outside of Koblenz (Prices are reasonable, parking is better, if we need the city it's a short taxi) If you can please let me know which option would most suite. To note, Koblenz is about 45 minutes from the Ring, and as per Greekman the roads are rather nice en-route to the Ring (warm up the tyres). There are a large number of hotels and B&B's where I've managed to locate 6 in and around Koblenz. Two of them are nicely located just outside Koblenz, both with a nice setting. I also thought these would be ideal for cleaning the cars/keeping them safe at night. I don't want to list the accomodation just yet as we cannot book the accomodation until the Ring public days have been announced, although I just want to get an understanding of your thoughts on style, location, cost of hotel/B&B. Let me know
  13. I emptied mine with a turkey baster, then connected new one, topped up and job done Looks like a job for next Sunday then. Just out of curiosity, should I be replacing the coolant and steering fluid to do the job properly?? The only doubt I have about this whole this is the bottles have no way of indicating max or low volumes. Therefore if I empty both systems how will I know how much fluid to replace with? There is the alternative of retaining the current fluids I guess?
  14. Gaz, what year is your car? If it's 06+ I'd go for the lower plenum as well, it's a great addition to the spacer and the figures speak for themselves.
  15. I've heard the purple haze brings on nice results, it's something I want to try next. The Supernatural is brilliant, I actually noticed the difference by applying two coats. The only problem is you have to leave 24 hours between each coating. To be fair, I actually give her the full wax treatment every 2-4 weeks. It mainly depends on the weather. Although I have to say this morning I couldn't stop looking at her. I'm in love!! I can't wait for next year when the body kit and wheels are going on. I still need to decide on the front bumper, although 2 are now in my hot list. The rest is pretty much decided upon. With the new camera as well I hope to get some really good before and after shots!! Thanks for the comments guys!! Appreciated!!
  16. Cheers Ian, thanks for the tips!
×
×
  • Create New...