Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Here's the updated links below, turns out they weren't out of date, but the links were a little broken. That's the Allens Fastners ones fixed. 1st - Bolts Most of the bolts you'll need are M6x1.0 thread. Get 25mm length for most of them, and a few 16mm (some of the bolts have to be very short) http://www.allensfasteners.com/detail.a ... t_ID=70507 For the bolts around the perimeter of the plenum, 25mm is perfect, there are either 9 or 10... I can't remember for sure. You'll also need 4x60mm and 3x40mm and 2 M6 nuts (chrome ones look nice http://www.allensfasteners.com/detail.a ... t_ID=00079) If you have a 5/16 or 3/8 spacer, add 10mm to each bolt size. The larger ones that hold on the radiator support are M8x1.25x20mm Also, the nuts for your strut towers are M8x1.25 Now if you really want baller status, you can get the bolts in chrome instead of stainless... and they are very shiny: http://www.allensfasteners.com/detail.a ... t_ID=70665 Also, these look great for the throttle body (especially if you have a polished TB and plenum) http://www.allensfasteners.com/detail.a ... t_ID=20200 Some guys use this style around the plenum, which looks good as well.
  2. +100000! That might save me a few bucks as I was currently in discussions with a company in america for some bolts in a new finish. Wonder if these guys will do the same - best get asking Nice one Simon Edit - looks like the links are out of date
  3. Just walk round A&E Neil, and look out for broken crash helmets. The amount of bikers that get hit is quite shocking. Due to driver or rider error but still the biker comes off worse!! Welcome back
  4. Pardon That's something I'd say to the Mrs, but not a paying customer
  5. DannyBoy has hit the nail on the head. I run a wealth of mods which have cost over £1,500 and gained 22hp and 16tq both figures are at the hubs. This gives me a total of (at the hubs) 248.3 tq 263.0 hp So if you want a mild improvement go for it. Although to me the car sounds great and feels very responsive. I went with NOS for over a year and enjoyed peaks of... 297tq 306hp That cost a fair bit. I'm now going FI because I want to enjoy the next level of performance and aiming for 400rwhp. This costs a lot more than the NOS, but it'll be worth it. If insurance is an issue if maybe leave it stock until your Insurance will allow Edit - forgot to mention I'm run I g the same engine model as you. With the following NA mods ARC Cold Air Induction Plenum Spacer MREV 2 Lower Collector (essential for revup with spacer) Motordyne XYZ pipe with race cat Japspeed Decats All of which cover air in and air out.
  6. Might as well add me to the very empty West Mid's!! User Name: Wasso Location: Birmingham OBDII Software: ScanMaster ELM
  7. I agree with Dave on that one - Happy Birthday Anders
  8. Yup spotted that and this miss-aligned rear bumper. Def over priced for that fugly thing
  9. My replacement callipers are being collected tomorrow to head off to Godspeed in Wales for a full refurb and powdercoat. It's not cheap but saves a lot of hassle and done properly. Cost is in the £350 region.
  10. That's impressive weight loss considering what you have added. Bet that tank was full at first weigh in We'll done Colin.
  11. The reg on that Roll's looks a bit suspect, highly illegal! Nice TVR's - might be my next purchase one day
  12. You know what's coming next
  13. I was thinking exactly that, very nice.
  14. A bargain - BUT!! 12 Years old BRAKE FLUID - which means new roof for starters, and depends where else the fluids have splashed or been thrown at. You cannot paint over brake fluid as it sinks into the metal and paint cannot be applied over the top unless you repair this panels. Say you get the car, it's gonna cost you £2,000 to get it fixed. I'd walk away TBH.
  15. Nice one Darren, very impressive and great write up. A shame Seve got sacked. I'm surprised parts were missing, okay only washers and the hoses not being suitable.
  16. How the fook did you get that in there!! I'll give you 10 outa 10 for that one
  17. I'd take it back, it doesn't show fuel or water temp
  18. That was mighty quick Just out of curiosity, as I can't see from that pic very clearly, but did you have to cut a portion of your engine cover for the pulley etc
  19. Neither could the forum server cope, it shut down under thread stress!!!!!
  20. Zed keys, which technically ties in with Zed for quick getaway! PS3 (which has a pic of Mrs stored on the hard drive ) Daisy the Cat
  21. Cool - I think we'd have a few candidates for it
  22. Nice paint job on the rims Great pic
  23. Correction i am 22nd 30 left in 2nd place now with 214,000 chips I think we should have a forum gathering, hotel and a night of Gin and Poker. Over to you Dave for the arrangements
×
×
  • Create New...