Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. Do t worry I wont go as far as just leaving shiny bits in the engine. Don't forget this is a G, so it's tidy in the first place. But, the wiring looms on the Zed just get flopped over the suspension strut and across the face of the engine. I just want to remove some of the uglyness from the bay. Here's what Envy did to their car back in the day (can't think of his name) and he just slid hosing over the loom. Wow that much no wonder people have a go DIY. Cheers for the input on that one The order is on temporary hold at the mo with me not working (made redundant in Feb) so just being careful at the mo. in addition it's Jayne's 40th at the end of the month and we have a holiday and celebrations over the next two weeks so I'll need a small mortgage just to keep my head above the water. I'm sure I won't need to dip into my savings but need to be on the safe side. There's no rush as long as its done by mid summer.
  2. After making a recent purchase from a chap who has a G in America he mentioned having a wire tuck. I've done some reading up on it and a few guys have done this on the DIY in the US with a guide. Here's my inspiration.... Now, my reservations with a wire tuck (exampled above) is that I don't want to inherit electrical issues, or risk of wires potentially melting from being tucked. Does anyone know of someone who has done this on a Zed in the UK or on other cars. What issues could I face, is it potentially a garage job or easy enough to do DIY? Thoughts?
  3. Yeah for sure. And I'd say your car is the beast in both looks and sound ,mine is still work in progress, wheels, SC amongst the larger jobs to be done.
  4. I was running 30mm but couldn't cope with scraping my front lip everywhere. I guess America doesn't have speed bumps?
  5. BIG Like Awaits invite for video of my own Zed
  6. Good job Chris didn't being that it was a nurse. But still consideration when parking wouldn't go a miss.
  7. Why is it the Zed always looks amazing in America. Those rims suit the Zed well - good find
  8. I personally have loved my motordyne XYZ pipe and decats. Keeping the oem backbox, the sound is almost stock under 2k but put your foot to the floor and it howls!! I'm looking to organise a meet soon and was contemplating placing it logistically between east and west midlands. Hopefully with creating a greater audience there's bound to be a number of exhaust options for listening to. It will either be the weekend before Wales or the weekend after.
  9. It sounds like Beavis or Buthead can't remember which, has a new voice?? It sounds different?
  10. Beavis and Buthead new series (probably a repeat) on MTV tomorrow night
  11. No that's anal interogation
  12. Hmmmm I think somebody needs a doctor! As well as that tool talking about poop!
  13. Each cylinder will read how much compression the chamber holds. You'll know when theres a significant problem when one cylinder shows a large percentage difference. At the end of the day they should all generate the same compression throughout each chamber. If not and as I say a significant difference you'll know there's a problem. I had mine compression tested and bore scoped and all was within tolerance and clean.
  14. I can't do it, I've lost my shins!!
  15. You could even roll it if you get a few locals to help out. Funny thing is the owner would be that dumb to join in rolling out the way!
  16. WOW Crongrats fella and hope mum a little one are well. Good on ya Nice pic too
  17. Good luck with the sale great looking Zed. Hey your old reg ML56 - mine is the same. My mileage is also nearly bang on with yours
  18. Now that does look VERY good. We shall see what evolves my end and I may give you a call. Don't forget you can't put the clear wrap on for around 6 weeks until the paint has totally hardened. Just avoid other cars like the plague!!!
  19. Very similar to my Anthrecite. Need some tasty nuts to set the wheels nicely I'd say
  20. That's no problem at all. Bring her down/up and I'll pop it on for you. If you've got some serious miles to do I'd recommend the instructions I've setup. They are extremely detailed and clear to understand. I'll add you to the list. Thanks for the comments I'm really pleased with how they turn out especially from where they start, dirty, corse, nasty cast aluminium. To end up looking reflective and smooth is a great big pat in the back. You'll be surprised how much work and materials go into creating the end product.
  21. Razor was the best. A real killing machine. It was a shame all it did was pin pr1ck the enemy. I wished for it to destroy the internals of its opponents.
  22. Great advice above One thing to keep an eye on is the prices. I've being going to the Dam many times for events or weekends or just passing through and prices are getting out of control. Last year for me was a kick in the teeth. In the Heart of the Dam expect to pay a hefty whack for a drink, and/or food. It's got to a point now where I won't be returning until they sort out their extortionate prices. Which I doubt will never happen. Always ask what their prices are before ordering. Queens Day is on the 30th April - 2 days of partying in the streets and canals. If you're there during this, you WILL have a mental time. Been to 3 of them and it's probably one of the best street parties in Europe.
  23. Wasso

    Spoilers?

    Am I pi$$ed or was that English?
  24. Cheers Will, I'm pleased with the finish but surprised nobody wants one I actually prefer it to the look and polish finish to my GT Spec.
  25. If you like it, that's all that matters. For me it reminds me of the sick after the night before. But to be fair it looks happy and eye catching
×
×
  • Create New...