-
Posts
13,804 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Wasso
-
All looks fab dude, keep up the progress..... I'm nearly home and I'll be knocking on your door Which I'm sure will commence with a guided tour of the Rad..... looking dead smart!
-
Ahhhh it was Abbey who set the initiation point, then I got bored and moved it 3k. Straight back at ya Mr K *dont read Keysers dyno plot and think you'll be getting 150lbft Torque, he's kinda excluded the fact of running a fully built engine and a SC. (With added meth!)
-
The same question comes with "how much fuel does a Zed use". It's all relative to your right foot. Conditions to consider: Jet size Initiation point in the rev range Progressive value of NOS being fired once initiated Throttle position initiation point (in my case 75%) If I recall my RPM initiation point was 4K progressive to 6.5k. Unless you are continuously in this rev range, or less than 75% throttle you're not firing. Let me example a rough gauge of heavy usage. 3 laps of the Nurburgring used 1 10lb bottle. General town usage a bottle would last me a month. I may have used more NOS in that one month IF my local filling station was round the corner. As this wasn't the case I used to only use NOS for when it was really needed. Consumption is therefore relative to your right foot. Increase the jet size and you're squirting more NOS. Take your car to a 1/4 strip you're going to need more regular refills.
-
I used to get mine from a drag car company as above, was never charged £5 per lb that's for sure.
-
Bloody hell! That's gone up a LOT! Must be due to today's youth snorting and inhaling all sorts of @*!#!
-
You can find outlets via the Wizards of NOS forum. I used to get mine filled from just round the corner from Santa Pod Raceway, as well as a place near West Bromwich. Any company that deals with drag specific cars normally have access to NOS. You're also looking at c £50 to fill two 10lb bottles.
-
ZeppoJeff's Zed Journey - RB26 swap In Progress
Wasso replied to ZeppoJeff's topic in Member Build Projects
Cheers wasso. The rb26 came from a from someone I knows well looked after r33 gtr that sadly got written off last year. Only has about 50k miles on it and pretty standard. This isn't going to be a quick build in anyway as I'm wanting to get it done just right with upgrading lots of parts in the engine. I've found someone in the states that's done the swap himself so been firing questions to him so far. If I need any advice though I'll get in touch. Niiice! I'll pop the question on the FB page just in case. You can never have too much resource or information. -
ZeppoJeff's Zed Journey - RB26 swap In Progress
Wasso replied to ZeppoJeff's topic in Member Build Projects
Just seen this, good luck dude. It's a journey in itself. What's the usage on the RB? I would direct you to a page I'm on via facebook which has been the source of a lot of information during my swap. Although it's purely a LS page, but there's got to be something else out there for added support if needed. -
I bought a hybrid, feel dirty and ashamed :(
Wasso replied to Jetpilot's topic in Off Topic Discussion
The saddle will require lowering first though! -
In the corners yes, but I guess this will catch SCzeds on the straights now?
-
Fast as f***!
-
And no pictures of your ECU brackets
-
Happy Birthday Chris, hope you have a fab day
-
Afraid unrealistic and not possible my friend. Shame, think it would be an animal around that weight lol It could be an animal at 1600 kg but you would require a second mortgage. haha to be fair it is already a bit of an animal, but i want something that scares me each time i drive it lol Drive blindfolded, great fun and super scary on the motorway.
-
Love doing bits like this, jealous I can't lend a hand..... until next Saturday Shame you'll lose the carbon, but then you could give it a carbon skin
-
Positive news Pete, she will mend right as rain. Say hi from us all and wish her a speedy recovery
-
I see where you're coming from.... 2nd alternator is required. I would guess you'd need some custom brackets and maybe drive a Mechman. Good choice on the XS
-
What sort of power are you planning on running (RMS)?
-
1st half good, second half poor. Agreed Rich, heard from locals (as we live 20 mins from Chipping Norton) Clarkson was knocking his house down. There's some controversy as to what he intends to replace it with. Anyway regarding GT i was eagerly waiting its ending so that I could watch last nights jungle
-
Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Member Build Projects
That's some great potential then, ...keep it as stock and then when you get bored it's fairly easy to get some crazy power then by the sounds of it. Not that 450Bhp isn't awesome already though. Couldn't agree agree more. I may completely stay with how it is, just can't wait 'experience' what it has to offer. Chris, we aren't totally out the woods. Clutch is still a small issue, they suspect the slave. Still they are managing to drive it, all be it with a bit of coaxing. 100% with you on that Ian. There was at one point not so long ago, we counted how much parts, engine and car would be worth stripping. This was rock bottom! You just can't buy the parts you need, especially when something is totally custom. I've learnt wholely that engine swaps are not for the faint hearted. It's nearly 2 years now, I was impatient in the first year but as year two started (delays due to Z Shed 2 and family matters) there was just no point hurrying. The wait has made it all that more exciting. Although if you have no patience, then engine swaps aren't advised. Hopefully she will be back for Christmas and commence items such as brakes and diff in the new year. Thanks for the comments they are really appreciated -
Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Member Build Projects
Engine is totally stock. The only custom item so to speak would be the exhaust and being decated. Items such as plenum and headers would provide additional gains but you're looking at £1.5k. CAMS would give you the best benefit which would breach 500 horse. Although I'd rather just go for FI, either SC or turbo. As long as you don't go mad you can get away with stock internals and achieve 650 horse all day long. Therefore going mad is +650, in which internals are advised. Although heading into internals you're looking at cranking 800+!! -
Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Member Build Projects
Fresh update. Today she had a play on the Dyno. On a baseline map before tuning she delivered at the fly 450bhp and 544nm (401lbft). I don't expect a huge difference after the tune, but to say the least I'm super happy with the starting point. (Orange line is the Torque curve, well, it doesn't really curve much ) And a video - with a further video next week after tuning and hopefully whilst on full chat! -
Should have said "as I've paid my mortgage off it pays for me to fill the tank more often!"
-
Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Member Build Projects
I'm actually contemplating Mad Max style just but the bonnet up Agreed it was a bit of a 'half hearted' throttle blip. His phone/video quality wasn't the best that's for sure. Going to ring them later this afternoon to see when it's ready to collect. Need to sort the diff out if we can as discussed previously. -
Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....
Wasso replied to Wasso's topic in Member Build Projects
Cheers peeps, it's super exciting, but mostly glad everything works as it should. The LS swap guys in America have had serious issues getting the tacho to work. It seems Emerald are one step ahead and managed to get it running with no issues at all. I'm hoping to get her back down to Dorset before the end of 2016. Then on to the final stage items. BBK fitting Kazz diff fitting Cosmetics Fix any other issues MOT and then enjoy.... hopefully in time for spring.