Jump to content

veeg33

Members
  • Posts

    2,060
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by veeg33

  1. Still going strong and it will. Btw, your Zed needs a stubby
  2. Some pics before and after cleaning and removing previous double sided tapes. Unfortunately due the scrap tool being used, the little b@st@rd left lots of scratches. Most are behind the number plate (lucky me) but not some They even managed to peel of some paint at the rear number plate but lucky it's behind the number plate! 2 hrs later with help from lots of tar remover Anyway, now it's all sorted. I'm still thinking if I should put 2 screws in each plate to reduce the risk of being targeted by number plates thief or just be cheeky and just super glue some screws cap/cover to disguise
  3. Nice purchase and welcome to the forum!
  4. Got a call from the police earlier today. Been told they have completed the crime report and the number plate is now on their system as stolen plate. However she did say as of today, there isn't any crime related to this number plate but will have to wait few weeks/months if any parking fine/ speeding tickets etc will come through the post. She also advise to carry the crime ref number around as chance of me being stop will be high as it will flag up on those auto number plate recognition device.HAPPY DAYS!!! If its too much, it will be a good excuse for me to get a private plate
  5. Tiny update - My zed's number plates got stolen on Wednesday evening (7th Oct) http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/102362-number-plates-got-stolen-front-and-rear/. New plates arrived today. Will go purchase a Tar Remover to clean up the old double sided tapes and stick a new plate on. Decided not to add any tamper proof screws on as I like my plates clean. Apparently, number plates with double sided tapes only are usually target for number plates theft as they are the easiest to be removed quickly. Anyway, I'm glad they only took the number plates and my no zed. Pics to follow this weekend to show extend of damage caused when they remove my number plates with a screwdriver (assuming)
  6. Side lights are 501 and indicator are 501 too Check here --> http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/nissan-350z--coupe-hid-xenon-2004-2005-54 I bought a 6000K D2R from Ebay and its a direct swap of OEM dipped beam. Its around £10.00 per set of 2 D2R and it's been on my zed for more than 10 months now. No issue at all. Whilst you are at it, might want to consider chrome indicator lights to get rid of the fried egg look( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-SILVERTEC-INDICATOR-SILVER-501-SIDE-REPEATER-PAIR-/160750392151?hash=item256d785357)
  7. Hello and welcome James! Bet you are all excited with it.......
  8. Taken from Wikipedia: --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_350Z Nissan's performance tuning division, NISMO, began producing modified versions of the 350Z shortly after its introduction, although in the UK these were only available one year after the car was launched.[citation needed] NISMO R-Tune (2004)[edit] The R-Tune was introduced into the NISMO line-up with modifications including headers, cams, pulleys. The R-Tune voids the Nissan factory warranty,[citation needed] but gains significant horsepower, intended for track racers. NISMO S-Tune GT (2005)[edit] Modified Nissan Fairlady Z NISMO patrol car (Japan) The S-Tune GT was released by NISMO to celebrate its success in motorsport, particularly in the Super GT series. The S-Tune GT featured revised long nose bodywork as in the Type-E, a modified version of the VQ35DE engine called the S1 with more power (300 PS / 221 kW / 296 hp) and higher redline (7200 rpm), as well as a sportier NISMO suspension. 20 were produced each month in Japan. Although Nissan did not officially sell S-Tune in UK, Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd. imported 1 S-Tune GT to UK[16] NISMO 350Z (2007–2008)[edit] The Nismo edition of the Nissan 350Z Coupé debuted at New York International Auto Show on April 4, 2007. This version featured the same engine as the regular 350Z (VQ35HR) but was only available with a 6-speed manual transmission. The car featured NISMO aerodynamics package based on the Super GT championship car, which included an aggressive front fascia with chin spoiler, side skirts, an extended rear fascia with under body diffuser and a rear wing. The car also had NISMO-tuned independent multi-link suspension developed by Yamaha, Brembo brakes with four-piston front and two-piston rear calipers (with 12.8-inch (330 mm) front and 12.7-inch (320 mm) rear rotors) and NISMO-branded gunmetal grey RAYS alloy wheels (18x9-inch front and 19x10-inch rear with 245/40WR18 front, 265/35WR19 rear Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires) and a NISMO-branded tuned exhaust. Yamaha also included a front and rear dampener to help with stability with the chassis. The conversion process for the Nismo 350Z began with a limited number of chassis being pulled from the assembly line to be sent to Nissan-tuner Autech to have structural seams hand-welded for greater body rigidity. This process made the Nismo 350Z a more capable track car than the other trim levels available at the time. The NISMO 350Z went on sale in the USA in July 2007 at Nissan dealers.[17][18] 1607 were produced for the 2007 and 2008 model years, and it was assumed that if there was a greater demand, more would be produced, limited to 10% of all 350Z sales. The NISMO model 350Z had a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $38,070 for the 2007 model year. Nismo 350Z NISMO Type 380RS (2007)[edit] Released as the road version for Japanese market of the Type 380RS-Competition race car, it includes the VQ35HR engine stroked and bored to 3.8-litre, rated 257 kW (350 PS/348 hp) at 7200 rpm and 397 N·m (40.5 kgf·m/293 lbf·ft) at 4800 rpm torque. Brembo disc brakes are fitted, as are Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tires (245/40R18 in front, 275/35R19 in the rear) with RAYS wheels. Front and rear dampers come from Yamaha. NISMO Type 380RS is priced 5.397 million (5.14 million+tax) yen ($38695 USD).[19] Only 1607 cars were produced.[20][not in citation given] NISMO Type 380RS-Competition[edit] NISMO 380RS-C It is the race car for which NISMO Type 380RS is based. The 3798 cc engine rated 294 kW (400 PS) at 7500 rpm and 421 Nm (43 kgm) at 5200 rpm torque. This in turn is based on the GT 500 race car that Nissan enters into the Super GT championship. According to Nissan, the race car cost 26.25 million yen.[21]
  9. Hello and welcome
  10. They are like needle in a haystack. Good luck with the hunt mate
  11. Let's just think this through out loud: HOUSE < CAR Buy wheels now, get house later Edit: Buy wheels now, get house later, and look for new wife (after being dumped)
  12. Oh no......wrong timing again....so much want for these LMGT4s........GLWTS mate!! If i'm not committed to my house purchase, I've already taken this off you!!
  13. Cheers guys. I've decided to get a normal plate via flea bay - £14.99 delivered. Hopefully will get it tomorrow. Regardless, will start cleaning and removing what's left behind ready for the new plates. Been reading online about this and seems like number plates being double sided taped in are usually the target as they are more easy to remove. I think I'll stick with double sided tape rather than investing in tamper proof screws as I don't like the look of it. I like it nice and clean without any screw. Still a little bit annoyed that they scratches the rear bumper at places that I can't hide.....on a positive note, sounds like a good time to get a JDM rear bumper!!!
  14. Ouch.......bad luck indeed. Wish you speedy recover so that you can play with your new toy!! Anyway, welcome
  15. Will do, thanks. I'm looking to get new plates from Halfords, it seems like their number plate are anti-theft. Will disintegrate when someone trying to remove it, double the price but will save me lots of trouble later needing to proof my innocence.
  16. Nah, I wouldn't. No need unless you want to claim, which would be pointless unless you have a £0 excess. Nop, not planning to claim £20 for replacement plates. Just wanted to make sure I won't be used against me in future for not reporting it to them. Thanks mate!
  17. I think this will show in my HPI records. Similar record (number plate clonned/stolen, appeared in a Toyota Yaris) on my previous Mini Cooper when the new owner did a full HPI check (£35ish). I did a £3 HPI check and that didn't show up as it only checks past 3 yrs. Not nice!
  18. Thanks, OP edited.
  19. Thanks guys. I'm assuming I don't need to ring my insurance company to let them know?
  20. As per title, this happened whilst I was playing 6-a-side footy with my colleagues. Car was parked in the public car park at the footy place. Notice my rear plate was missing when I wanted to put my kit in boot. I thought the 3M double sided tape has failed me but closer inspection I found 6-7 deep scratches (few outside and few where the plate used to sit). At that point, I knew it was being removed with force and in a hurry. Then I went and check my front plate, it was missing too but luckily, no tools were used. Got back in the sports centre and asked if they have CCTV pointing towards my car. Unfortunately, no. No one saw anything neither. Rang 101 to report this and being told I can still drive my car back home as long as I display my number plate in the windscreen (front and rear) and as long as I have the crime reference number, I'll be OK to drive home or to a garage. So long story short, I'm glad they only took my number plates, not my zed! Thank god for that Anyway, if you guys are happen to look around AutoTrader, you might spot my number plate in a different zed? Or I'll get a visit later tonight by the police (get away car, kidnap, etc), or few weeks later, letter from DVLA or police (speeding ticket or red light). Number plate: FX54 ZRC (Thanks to Ekona) If you spotted this, please do let me know. Time to go to flea bay now for new plates and get ready to for some sore thumb and fingers this weekend clearing the old double sided tape off
  21. Steve should sort you out if he still has stock of them. If not, you can try other trader here Tarmac Sportz which will also sort you out. As for radio quality, it like for like replacement from my OEM. No issue at all.
  22. Hello and welcome
  23. Hello and welcome
  24. ^^ http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/scam-artists-targeting-motorists-m56-10161569
  25. Unless its life threatening emergency, I will never stop. Its not safe anymore..........Nearly got scammed whilst waiting at traffic lights in Manchester last year. Without asking, this guy (east asia looking) start squirting washing liquid on our windscreen and cleaning it with windscreen wiper attached to a stick. I felt pity for them hence decided to give them £1 for it but the b@st@rd decided to scam me. I opened my window a little bit just enough to hand over £1, after taking the pound could, he decided to pretend that he did not catch the coin properly, knock my car door with other hand and said he dropped the coin back into my car and hoping that I will dig another pound somewhere and pay him (rather than trying to pick up the dropped coin. It was clear to me the coin did not drop and the noise was from body panel, not sound of a pound coin dropped in my car onto carpet. Nice try......Since then, I never will help them out!!
×
×
  • Create New...