-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
Depending on what's been done in the car's history I'd be inclined to hold off on the mods until you get a good service under the Zeds belt. By good service I mean something along these lines which is what I had done not long after purchasing mine. Gearbox oil change ~ also adding Molyslip can improve gear changes I found. Coolant change ~ genuine Nissan coolant ~ should be changed every 36K miles or every 3 years whichever comes soonest. Brake fluid change ~ I used Motul RBF600 ~ should be changed every 27K miles or every 2 years whichever comes soonest. Spark plugs ~ should be changed every 54K miles or every 5 years whichever comes soonest. Diff oil change. Power steering fluid. Air filter ~ after market panel filter/lot's of choices ~ yearly change is best or more often if driving in the desert. Also worth making sure all your braking system is up to scratch like the pads, discs & brake lines. If you can get under the car like on garage ramps then other good things to check over are your banana arm bushes, drop links and anti-roll bar bushes as all can perish/deteriorate over time. Once your happy the car's all good then I'd start thinking about what mods you'd like to do. Personally I started more or less with my exhaust system as it made a big difference to the way the car sounded which for me was a big plus.
-
Just fyi ~ There are some Motordyne Art test pipes for sale on here which are supposed to be the dogs bo**ocks; http://www.350z-uk.c...pipes-for-sale/ I used to have Berks HFC's which are a fantastic choice for high flow Cats imo. No rasp or drone. Cobra's from CS above though are a good choice as well. Power increase is hard to say zippy as every car/test condition/dyno etc is different. If your old Cats are particularly dirty inside though combined with the other exhaust parts you could be looking at 8-10bhp at a guess. Purely speculative though.
-
^^ Ok cool. I'd guess they'll contact you soon & I'd imagine they will give you a few colour options to chose one from. Let us know how you get on when you can.
-
Very nice, ...same thing happened to me some years ago when I entered a competition in "Performance Ford" magazine. I won a full set of Samco coolant hoses for my car at the time which was a Ford Mondeo ST24. Have they offered you a choice of colours? or is it just a set colour for the hoses? Congrats.
-
Come on Lotto win!!
-
Drive it till the wheels come off, ....yeah why not?!
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
^^ The sparks do look cool coming off the car. -
^^ I'll take that compliment ZEUS thanks.
-
No more P-clip action at the mo unfortunately. Currently waiting on a Nissan Primera 2.2 diesel engine cover to arrive that I took a risk on buying from eBay to see if the engine badge is the same size as the one on the Zeds engine cover, ...if not it's going straight in the bin. I've also got a fire extinguisher sitting in the garage that I'm planning on making a mount for to fit it in the Zed.
-
Drive it till the wheels come off, ....yeah why not?!
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
She lowered the front but not the back silly woman. -
It's your Zed NIsmo85 so do whatever you like as you're the only person that has to drive it or live with it. If you only do things that please others then you're never going to have the car you really want. Be your own man & make of it what you will imo.
-
The traffic was that bad I wrote an email to Keyser Took over an hour to do a 5 min journey. One lane closed that being the outside lane of all lanes. Thanks for thinking of me tho bro The thing that really pi**es me off about these things is all the rubber necking that goes on making it worse for the commuters than it actually needs to be. For example ~ early October when I was going to Chieveley there was an accident near the Brynglas tunnels. I was travelling from Cardiff and the accident was actually on the other carriageway but for some reason it took us over an hour to do 15 miles. As soon as we passed the accident spot on the other side of the road the traffic sped up and we where doing 60mph+ just after the accident scene. Anyway rant over ~ hope nobody was injured in today's accident on the M40.
-
I think the yellow goes very nicely against the black/carbon fibre.
-
Welcome aboard.
-
My 2 pence. When looking for insurance this year for my Zed I contacted several companies to get quotes, ...two of whom where on this forum. Sky Insurance was one & the other was Adrian Flux. Both responded quickly to my PM's and both stated that someone would call me within a few days to talk through my requirements/modifications etc to get me the best quote possible. I gave both my mobile & home telephone number to both companies so could be easily contacted. Adrian Flux Insurance called around a day or so later at a time I had agreed in my PM's which was convenient to me after I had finished work for the day and the adviser was very good. I never heard from Sky at all and as Adrian Flux had given me the best quotation I decided to go with them after all why should I chase Sky to give them my business. Not impressed by Sky Insurance from that dealing with them. Fyi ~ As well as my two phone numbers Sky Insurance also had my user name etc on here & email so there really is no reason why they couldn't have contacted me if they'd tried.
-
Drive it till the wheels come off, ....yeah why not?!
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I'd say so. I'd also guess that she was fleeing the scene of an accident due to the front end damage on her car which is probably how she stuffed the wheel in the first place. -
Loved that black golf Steel Lynx ~ fantastic machine.
-
Happy Birthday both.
-
Same here.
-
Really hoping that I get a good camera for Christmas now from my Mrs so that I can record some decent videos. My phones cr*p & my Mrs shakes like a parkinson's sufferer trying to film any video.
-
Zed looks great in your avatar pic. Very nice.
-
47 Views before that was spotted. Yeah thanks for that Neil.