-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
Maybe it's because I'm in Wales but it's not on till 10pm here. Welsh snooker open was on earlier so that's probably why.
-
I get what you're saying about the "dish" on them but the GTR's seem to have spokes which lean inwards more but his look more flat faced to me like the GTRD's. GTR GTRD So I'm thinking as Matt said it may be that they are the GTRD but just on a weak offset so have much less of a dish.
-
They look like Rota GTRD's to me. Link: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_18_Inch_Set_Rota_GTRD_Wheels/350z-18350ZROTGTRD.aspx
-
Too much? How about this for a good colour combo?
-
I have always been indecisive but im doing my own head in now
GMballistic replied to nissanman312's topic in Performance
The thing is we all go through fads sometimes, ...you know things like wanting a 1/5th scale RC car, buying it, spending a grand on parts modifying it, play with it for a few months followed by it sitting unused on a shelf for a year or two before being sold at a loss on eBay or similar. You just need to make sure this isn't a fad or something you'll regret. I wanted to supercharge my last car which was an EP3 Civic Type R ~ I decided against it though as putting the standard 200bhp odd through the front wheels was about all it could handle. I'd say anything over 250bhp and it would have ruined the drive of the car. When I got my Zed and discovered that it could be supercharged it was pretty much on my mind for most of the time as I knew it was a very capable car. 6 Months or so in to my ownership I started buying parts and before I knew it I was at the stage where I either stopped, sold the parts I had bought already or just went for it. I decided to go for it as "you only live once". I know I'm not going to keep the Zed forever as there are so many other cars I want to experience but that's just life isn't it, ...you never know what somethings going to be like until you experience it for yourself. -
Good call but you can also get "tinted light remover" so if gumpy doesn't like it he can remove it. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-LIGHT-TINT-SPRAY-REMOVER-E-Tech-Cleaner-REAR-FRONT-GLASS-LENS-HEADLIGHT-/300806843256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item46097c2b78
-
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
GMballistic replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
I know exactly what it's like doing this kind of work Darren, having worked at a classic car restorers some years ago (MG's, Triumphs, DB's etc mainly), but stick with it and it will be worth it in the end. Especially as you don't have to hand the keys over to the cars owner as it's you that will be able to enjoy driving it afterwards. -
I have always been indecisive but im doing my own head in now
GMballistic replied to nissanman312's topic in Performance
It's a difficult decision to make that's for sure. I made my decision on the fact that you only live once and that I really wanted to experience a modified supercharged car. I'm never ever going to see the money that I've spent on my 350 back again but I'm really enjoying driving my car which is what I love doing. -
Just some ideas for inspiration.
-
I've always used K&N without any issues. I think it's just as Alex mentions above that the problem's start when people clean them & apply too much oil afterwards. Panel filters are cheap enough though that if you wanted to you could always change to the Cosworth filter after a year or so just to try it.
-
I'm with Alex on this as I don't like the side skirts either but the rest of that 370 looks awesome. Can't help answer your question either sorry but free bump.
-
Ok tbh if you're after more noise then it's just not worth the money tbh although it is a very good quality piece of equipment. I bought it as a compromise between the OEM air box and an induction kit as I wanted a performance air cone without the risk of loads of heat soak which this kit does fulfill but tbh I was a little disappointed although purely because I was expecting more noise. Personally if I had to do it over again I would probably just do the flyboy 2006 velocity stack mod ( http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/59986-pre-2006-airbox-conversion-kit-now-back-in-stock-2015/ ) and put a performance panel filter in the OEM air box, ...OR if I really had to have an induction kit for a bit of engine bay bling then just go the cheaper route of a pop charger (rrp £145). As I'm more performance orientated with my mods then it would definitely be the 2006 velocity stack mod & the performance panel filter though.
-
Still playing COD Advanced Warfare currently on the PS3 but wish I hadn't bothered going prestige. Not going to bother if I get to prestige 2 though as losing all my challenge scores is such bs especially as I don't plan on going all the way with this COD game like I did with MW3 and a few other COD games.
-
Don't think they are rare as such, ...maybe a little less common in Zeds because of the price but I wouldn't say rare. I got mine from Chris @Tarmac Sportz. Link: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_STILLEN_Hi_Flow_Intake_Kit/350Z-402833_.aspx Sold it late last year to a member on here after I went the s/c route.
-
^^ Very nice.
-
Yes, yes they are. Link:
-
Great work Trig and impressive skills with that inner sill you made. Part of me thinks though that you might as well have just built the Escort from scratch. A "Trigscort".
-
Shame really, ...he didn't land it back on it's wheels so get's no internet points.
-
^^What he said. Try some good old fashioned scare tactics first.
-
Gorgeous GTR - Now I wouldn't mind one of these
GMballistic replied to Will370z's topic in Other Cars
Awesome. -
Luka did mention that apparently Takeda don't make them with heat shields anymore.
-
As I said try a PM to zmanalex as he's usually got most 350Z used items on the shelf, good working order and ready for next day delivery.
-
No probs. I think the basic idea is that the surrounding heat soaks into the metal rather than the filter body but it's never really going to stop all the hot air from being sucked in by the filter which is why the best filters for performance are usually fully enclosed with their own separate cold air feed direct from the front of the car. There are some pictures in this thread link of a Takeda heat shield (albeit on the DE Zed): http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/88016-for-sale-takeda-air-intake-for-350z-de-03-06-wheatshield/ The heat shield looks very similar in design to the one from eBay that I linked for you so I can't see why it shouldn't work. Maybe just buy one to check it fits & does what you want then get another one when you're happy the fitments ok. Saves sending two of them back if their not fit for purpose.
-
Yep don't care what other people think of this, ...95% of cyclists imo are absolute idiots who shouldn't be on the road at all. ^^ Think that might even be a generous percentage I've given as well. Probably more like 99.9%.
-
In for the NOS girls.