Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Cheers Darryl. Will definitely always miss the Zed. Was such a faultless car although I do prefer somethings about the Honda, ...the seats are one thing as you spotted. So much more comfy than the Zeds were imo although they're not heated so I'm sure I'll miss that come the winter time.
  2. I checked the doors for rust as apparently that's a common place for them to get rust but it's all good. Hadn't heard of the roof rust problem but looks all good to me. Gave it a good going over today and never noticed anything untoward.
  3. Thanks. If that's true then you could do a lot worse than a Honda. Worth considering imo.
  4. Fyi ~ some pictures of the new whip in here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/100029-my-supercharged-zeds-replacement/
  5. Thanks. Who knows what the future will hold. Never say never.
  6. Definitely an improvement over the EP3. I used to have a 2003 30th Anniversary Edition CTR so pretty much had everything Honda could throw at the EP3 but yet still pretty basic in terms of modern technology. It was the most reliable car I ever owned though & still is. The Zed was second. Nothing wrong with Honda imo. They make very reliable motors. Please don't get me started. I've told myself that the only things I may do to this car eventually are the exhaust & air filter tops ~ no other mods allowed. Would only do them just for a bit of extra noise. I don't think it is tbh so we'll have to disagree on that. For a hatchback it's a pretty tidy looking motor I think and still looks modern even though it's 7 years old now.
  7. Cheers Zeus, ...tbh it wasn't this clean when I got it but I've spent 3-4 hours on it today. Still haven't properly cleaned the engine bay or waxed it yet either though!
  8. It's a 2008 Honda Civic Type R GT. Not as fast as my old supercharged Zed and maybe not as good looking to some but definitely a more sensible option for me at the minute. As it's a GT it comes with a good options list including dual climate control, auto wipers and auto lights which are very cool. Makes the car feel very modern to me in comparison with my old Zed. Definitely enjoying having VTEC again and an 8K rpm redline. One owner from new with just over 50K miles on it and I must say I'm very pleased with it so far. Trying not to go crazy with spending but I've already bought some genuine Honda "Type R" mats for it as it needed them, ....also new tyres have been bought from Blackcircles which will be going on next weekend. Essentials only honestly.
  9. +1.
  10. If people ask about the head injury you know what to say: "You should see the other guy" Oh and yes I picked up the CTR last Sunday. Been waiting for this weekend to give it a good going over and then will take some pictures.
  11. What do you mean "it's like.."?
  12. ^^ That is an absolute blinder of a result Tom. Very pleased for you.
  13. GMballistic

    GT-Four

    Sounds like you'll be getting neons next followed by trawling McDonalds for 16 year old girls. I jest of course, ...KFC is where the bit**es be at.
  14. Looks like some great work so far. Hope it turns out great for you.
  15. GMballistic

    GT-Four

    Nice getting some jobs done. I'm in the same boat now with my new motor, ...lots of little things to do just for the fun or satisfaction of it. The cigarette lighter didn't work in my CTR so I was pleased to see it was just a fuse gone after a little dig around the fuse box yesterday. Nice when it turns out to be a cheap/easy fix.
  16. Brakes look great mate. Where do you "possibly" require stitches though? On your head was it or somewhere else? Hope it's not too bad.
  17. Lots of ways to make it quieter yes depending on what's fitted, ....if it has De-Cats then you could change those for HFC's (High Flow Cats) which would be marginally quieter or you could go back to the OEM Cats which would be quieter again. Some exhausts allow for the fitting of bungs. The Japspeed K1 if that's what it was on the 350, would for example. The other option is as allaboutthepasty mentioned. Put it up on here for sale and buy something new & more to your tastes. Welcome aboard btw.
  18. GMballistic

    Decats

    I'd say go for the Berks. ; The cheaper ones will essentially do the same job but how long they last or the quality of the fitting/workmanship will be compromised. Definitely worth paying that bit extra for quality parts like the Berks every time imo.
  19. Welcome aboard.
  20. Love it Will. Nice little video & great car.
  21. Cool. That is all.
×
×
  • Create New...