-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
Exactly the same with the EP3 I owned. 3 Years of trouble free ownership, car was at 119K miles when I sold it and was still as reliable as ever. Very unlikely tbh as this is just a stop gap car really. Most likely it will stay well maintained & standard although I'll maybe get an induction kit or exhaust for it one day just for the extra noise. Cheers mate. Hopefully will be a nice, reliable, cheap to run daily for a while anyway.
-
Just go through your insurance and have no more contact with this imbecile. It sucks as your insurance "may" rise I know but it is the only way to go forward with this imo.
-
Yep can't disagree with any of that although haven't driven the FN2 that hard yet or on any really bumpy roads so can't say I've felt the back end skipping at all. Definitely not disappointed though that I went back to Honda again. Oh and very jealous of you having owned an NSX, ...that's on my "want list" for sure one day. Thanks and it's nice to experience something different. Also a lot more modern feeling with regards to extras like auto lights/wipers & interior than my old Zed was even though the age difference is minimal. although the new one looks a right giggle Certainly is when you wind it up into the higher Rpm range & the high lift cams come into play. Will do Mike. Hopefully they won't sag in my ownership though as I plan to just look after this car as good as possible before hopefully getting into something faster again in the future.
-
Bonsoir.
-
What a monster Jim. Awesome, ...needs a gun rack though.
-
Sold my car, Hunting woes
GMballistic replied to rs_wlkz's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Thanks Gareth. Unfortunately the timeline for the house has been brought forward 6 months hence will have to sell it around September/October Hoping to be in our new home by the end of August at the latest now. So frustrating though waiting for an owner/seller to get their act together, not to mention bl**dy solicitors. Good luck. -
Welcome aboard Steve.
-
Great minds think a like as that's exactly how I did mine and they looked great still even months later.
-
Sold my car, Hunting woes
GMballistic replied to rs_wlkz's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard Ross. You should seriously consider looking at Veegs Zed. I know he looks after it very well. -
Thanks Lyndzzz. That's an idea Andy. Would definitely love to give that a try one day. It's a 2 Ltr engine Matt so still got some get up & go to keep me happy. I could never drive a £200 shed, ...love my performance cars too much. The fact is that the insurance is half the cost per year that my Zed was, tyres are smaller so cheaper, it's more economical and it has more boot space which will be useful when moving our things & buying new furniture.
-
Thanks. If that's true then you could do a lot worse than a Honda. Worth considering imo. However if the zed was charged or turbo"d it would be a different story. Yes but that isn't cheap to do unfortunately.
-
Not bad pictures although it would be good if you could have got some closer shots. I used to use a 300 lens with my old Minolta Dynax5 SLR to get really close to the action.
-
Yes had a look and mine looks fine thanks. Depends what you're used to as well I guess. Compared to the Zed I find the CTR obviously slower, less powerful and with less torque but it doesn't mean it's a bad car just different that's all. If you keep any VTEC equipped car high in the rpm range they can be very fast paced cars and more than capable of putting some big grins on any drivers face imo. If your hearts not in it then keep looking for the right Zed as there is no point getting a car you're not really going to enjoy.
-
Some great pictures mate and I bet that was a whole heap of fun.
-
Welcome aboard. On that budget you are going to be looking at mainly older/higher mileage UK DE engine 350 Zeds or JDM. Doesn't mean you can't get a good one though. Just try to find one with a good service history and regardless of the miles it should be a good one that way. Guide for new members/potential owners: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/ Buyers guide: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/ 350Z service schedule: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/
-
How to Smurfadise a Zed......**Yellow Brembos** P29
GMballistic replied to glrnet's topic in Member Build Projects
^^ +1. Really nice colour contrast against the blue. -
Very nice. Waxed most of mine yesterday too so it's gleaming in the sun now which is satisfying.
-
Black Zunsport grille for sale here (not suitable for yours I don't think though with the front tow hook) but just a heads up in case it's of interest. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/100043-d1-spec-throttle-controller-zunsport-grille-and-more/ Pity I just sold mine to Jeff (cmck13) sorry Graham.
-
Potential new 370z Nismo owner Blackpool !
GMballistic replied to Liamjohnson's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard Liam. Sure some Nismo owners will be along any minute. -
I thought this was an urban myth. It just appears that way as the skin and flesh shrinks due to decomposing? You're right Fodder, ....it's down to dehydration though as your skin loses moisture. Plenty on google.
-
Thanks Neil.
-
You'll get over it I'm sure. So glad I stayed with a Japanese car in the end though, especially one with VTEC, ...I almost went for a German motor like so many have. In the end though it came down to money (running costs/initial layout etc) and this was the more sensible option.
-
The colours "Milano Red". My last EP3 was the same colour although not quite as vibrant as it was a bit older so had faded slightly. Thanks for the nice comment Alex.
-
Will do. Tbh I did miss VTEC more than I thought.
-
^^ Thanks for the heads up Jay Kay. I will check it out properly tomorrow although I suspect it is ok as I was all over it today including a little bit of waxing around 8pm and noticed no problems near the roof line/windscreen. Cheers Deano. The Mugen stuff does look good although I've never really been a bodywork modder, ...usually I stick more to performance upgrades or things that make my life with the car better like upgrade head units or bulbs etc.