Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Don't worry about it and I've already moved the thread as you've probably noticed by now. Generally the biggest thing to keep an eye on (imo) with any vehicle is the oil level closely followed by the other fluids like coolant, brake fluid then clutch fluid. Obviously you should also keep an eye on pulley belt conditions (look for cracking/fraying), tyre pressures, tyre tread depths, brake pads, discs etc etc but regarding the engine condition it is always oil level/condition first for me. I'm guessing your Zed is a DE engined variant from what you've said so far (2002-2007 est) and 305Bhp is a pretty healthy power level if it's only got a plenum spacer on it & the UpRev (remap). Has it got an exhaust system on it just out of interest. Where was it mapped? Should say on the dyno print. Either way if you do get any problems with the Zed then chances are somebody on here has already been through it & fixed it before so try a search for the answers first before posting any new "help" threads, ...but if you still find you need help or answers then by all means post a thread to see if anyone can help. More 350Z info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_350Z Top 100 FAQs: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/24796-top-100-faqs-must-read-wip/ Nissan 350Z history: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77967-nissan-350z-history-including-upgrades/
  2. Not sure on the eye test but you definitely needed a medical exam from a Doctor last time I looked at getting a racing licence. @Op ~ The MSA "Go Racing" pack is a good place to start: https://shop.msauk.org/product_details.asp?id=4023
  3. You'll be looking at a four figure number all day long for something like that from what I know. If it was less than that it was a bargain.
  4. Looks like they went sorry both. Sold - thread locked
  5. Yep. Totally ridiculous idea for a Police car if you ask me. Especially with some of the cars they may be forced to chase which would easily leave them behind. Should of been GTR's imo as not much that could outrun them then & at least they have some sort of back seats, even if they're not massive.
  6. The boot light from what I remember just needs a small flat blade screwdriver (end wrapped in cloth to protect your plastics) or trim removal tool prized into one of the ends & gently levered away, ...it should just pop out then. Once the housing is out the actually bulb replacement will be obvious. Number plate light bulb replacement guide (same as boot light really): http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/76731-how-to-change-your-number-plate-bulbs-to-leds-youtube-vid/ Not sure on replacing the interior bulbs I'm afraid as I had the coupe which is probably different. Could tell you if you had a picture though. The bulbs you have left over, ...are they 501 LED bulbs? Could be for your sidelights if so as they are 501 capless bulbs.
  7. Shocked but totally get the reason behind your sale, ...GLWTS and I'm sure this one won't take long to sell at all considering how well you've looked after it.
  8. Cheers Commander, ...lovely engine. Bet that'll sound great on full chat.
  9. I've been into shooting since I was a child ~ managed to fire everything from paintball guns, BB guns and airguns to muzzle loading 12 bore shotguns & various handguns/revolvers/rifles. Most of the latter whilst I was in America back in the late 90's in Florida. Guns imo, like all weapons do not kill people and are perfectly safe, ....it's just some of the people that get hold of them unfortunately which are dangerous & do kill people. Also I can see why so many Americans do own and carry guns & tbh if I lived there I probably would too but whether that's a good thing or not I cannot say. Far too easy to take a life "legally" over there and for a lot of the people living there I do wonder where is their empathy for another human being?
  10. Sold - thread locked
  11. Yes that rattle is "a bit" annoying. Have you got a welder? or a friend with one? Looks like you could maybe put a mig welder gun in there just enough to tack it in place with a couple of spot welds. Wouldn't hold forever I'd doubt but if you're only putting the Cats on & off when you're getting your MOT done then I can't see it not working (imo).
  12. Awesome. Would love to see how that's done btw so if you can take pics that would be good.
  13. Sounds like you're on about a "plenum spacer" and UpRev (remap). What do you mean to look out for? Like problems? Just treat it like any normal car imo. Keep up to date with all the normal servicing, check the oil regularly (every week imo) and keep an eye on all the other fluids too. Service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/ Thread moved btw as Mike mentioned this is not FI related.
  14. That is flippin' awesome!! Love R/c vehicles and always wanted a decent tank but they're not cheap so generally opt for spending my money on vehicles I can ride in. Have you seen the ones that can actually fire shells Mark? Think the one I first saw probably a decade ago was hand made in Germany. Something like below but I'm sure the one I first saw was a 1/5th scale.
  15. If you're only using it to pass the MOT and it's been like it for the past three that you've passed then why worry about it? Either follow veilside/Rich's suggestions of a new one (used one) or just leave as is imo.
  16. Now now Granville, you seem to be a decent sort of chap... don't let the power go to your head! I wouldn't you know that.
  17. Sold - thread locked
  18. Sold - thread locked
  19. Sold - thread locked
  20. Your mates right. Seriously though I have seen a few nicely modded "frog eye" Subarus before now but not many. Guess that'll make yours stand out if you get it right.
  21. Great news bud. You know what I want though I'm sure, ...some engine bay pics please when you can. Hah - it's a TVR, you can't just 'open' the bonnet like on a normal car. I need to find two impossible to reach quick release catches by the wipers and undo four bolts to remove it! Ahhh yes totally forgot about that. Quick google search has reminded me of what a PITA it would seem just to open the bonnet on the Tuscan. My old man had a Chimaera & later a Cerbera but both of those had opening bonnets like normal cars so not all TVR's are a PITA just to see the motor. I did find that you can do a conversion on the Tuscan with some gas struts etc to make the bonnet open in an easier more normal fashion.
  22. Personally if it was me I'd strip it out and turn it into a track day car especially if you got it cheap & don't mind if something goes wrong. Really interested to see what you do with it still even though I'm not really a fan of these, ...prefer the classic Subarus & hawkeyes.
  23. Personally I'd say you really need to take a test drive in a 350 to truly appreciate it & see how you think it compares to your TT. If you go to a dealership then I see no problem in "test driving" potential cars even if you're not necessarily 100% on whether you will buy it or not. Also depending on your budget it would probably be best to try & drive both a DE Zed and the HR Zed if you can, ..obviously providing your budget can stretch to the latter.
  24. Never realised Andy had changed his name to Dan!! :lol: You know I could just edit all my posts & your posts so that it's as if I never made that mistake.... ..but maybe Dan is right?!
×
×
  • Create New...