-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
Thanks Iwan. Definitely worth doing before the winter months if you've a cracked or chipped windscreen. Basically a 45 minute job max really.
-
I spent a lot on my classic but I know my mate who has had his for probably a decade now has sunk serious amounts of money into it. He has a forged engine build on a closed deck block built by Finch Motorsport.
-
Fair enough Darryl. I always had the scoop on my old classic Subaru as I left the top mount intercooler in place but my mate who still has his classic Impreza has actually reversed his bonnet scoop so it points the other way. The reason he's done that is because he has a front mount intercooler so the scoop is not needed but he decided to fit it on the other way so that it helps with cooling as it allows a lot of hot air out from the engine bay as he drives. Pretty essential with his Subaru as it's over 450Bhp.
-
Not sure if you're serious, but as a cyclist myself I do kinda feel that there are just too many cars for it to be safe these days. As it sounds like the Golf driver did something pretty special though, I'm not sure that counts as a reason for cyclists to stay off the roads. More like a reason for retarded drivers to stay off the roads. EDIT: or at least cycling on the road is a dying activity. If you think cycling is dying - your greatly mistaken come to Pembrokeshire (we host the Ironman series) - there are cyclists everywhere I'm wondering if Bobby meant it as to do cycling on the road is an activity you will die doing, rather than that cycling on the road is a dying past time.
-
Thanks veilside that's what I'm hoping. I've never had a chip turn into a crack in one of my windscreens before but why take the risk at under a fiver for the kit.
-
Sold - thread locked
-
Are you going to put the large rear wing back on then? What about going spoiler-less or just with a small lip spoiler? Also regarding the bonnet scoop, ...does your Subaru still have the standard top mount intercooler? Are you planning on a FMIC? ...as if so I'd maybe forget about the bonnet scoop or would you prefer it for looks? Lots of questions I know.
-
Cheers Chris.
-
^^ Pm'ing payment details now. (Ok maybe not, my Mrs has just walked back in the room. )
-
You know the drill, if you want more, I'll need your account number and sort code! ...But it's free on the internet & babe station! Edit: Well technically not free as I'm paying for both but definitely cheaper.
-
I sense you're joking but just in case you're not that is Fuzz Townshend fyi. wasn't joking at all Gareth, truly had no idea so thanks for clearing it up. will look for this car s.o.s on the gogglebox It's a pretty good show at times imo. Does depend on the car they're doing though & the story behind the person that owns it but generally a good watch if you're into cars.
-
I don't see her? Is she hiding in the bushes somewhere behind your Zed?? I feel like I might as well put my trousers back on now, ...so disappointing Matt.
-
That sounds awful Commander. I'm first aid trained but always hoping I never have to use it as until you're in that situation you never know how it will effect you or how you will react. Fingers crossed that the cyclist makes a full recovery.
-
Thought I'd just write a short guide on windscreen glass chip repair using one of the commonly available kits as below. Link to the kit I bought: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Windscreen-Repair-Kit-DIY-Chip-Window-Screen-Crack-Polishing-Scratches-Glass-/172164432185?hash=item2815ccc139:g:Us8AAOSwAvJXC6c9 Other kits are available though. These kits are a great cheap way of fixing cracks and chips easily, helping to stop them from spreading & worsening on your windscreen (as they can when the weather gets cold with moisture trapped in the crack). Notes before you begin: Avoid using the kit in direct sunlight ~ work in a slightly shaded area if possible. Do not work on a hot windscreen ~ park the vehicle in a shaded area & open windows to help cool glass. A razor blade is used at times which is extremely sharp so care should be taken. Do not let the windscreen glass resin come into contact with painted surfaces & avoid skin/eye contact ~ nitrile gloves or similar are advised as well as safety glasses when handling the resin. This is what you will get in the kit... From top left to bottom right. Plastic syringe with spring clip attachment. Windscreen glass repair resin bottle. Curing film sheets. Razor blade. Pedestal. Adhesive seals. Not pictured ~ instruction sheet. Below is the "star" type chip in my windscreen that I'm attempting to repair. Due to the nature of this type of chip there will still be some cracking in the windscreen visible after the repair as it is in the centre of the glass underneath where the resin cannot penetrate but I'm trying to stop further damage as well as make it look better which this type of repair will achieve. *First thing you will need to do is wipe the glass (do not use chemicals - just a paper towel) and clean out any glass debris from the damaged area by using a pin or similar pointed implement. *Now you need to attach one of the adhesive seals to the windscreen. Peel off the backing on one side and place the adhesive seal with the tab pointing upwards with the crack/damaged area in the centre of the seal. Once in place ensure a good seal by gently running your fingers around the seal. *Remove the red top side backing from the adhesive seal. Next line up the pedestal to the adhesive seal lining up the tabs. When in place run your fingers around the pedestal to ensure a tight seal. *Next you will need to cut off the tip from the windscreen glass repair resin bottle. I advise you do this well away from your car, pointed away from your face & whilst wearing some gloves just to be extra careful. You will then need to put approximately 5-6 drops of the resin down the pedestal pipe. This can be difficult as there will be air trapped in there also plus the bottle I had wasn't exactly "squeezable". Wipe off any excess from the pedestal & bottle. *You now need to connect the syringe to the pedestal. Make sure you do this with the plunger all the way down. Hold the syringe with one hand and with the other gently pull up the plunger locking it in place at the lower notch (furthest one) by twisting the plunger around as you pull upwards. This creates a vacuum effect. Now leave it like that for a minimum of 10 minutes. *After 10 minutes or so has past remove the syringe from the pedestal and allow some air into it. Then replace the syringe onto the pedestal and this time gently push down the plunger & lock it in place at the second notch (as pictured close up below). Leave it like that now for 20 minutes. *After this you can now remove the syringe completely and using the razor blade remove the pedestal from the windscreen glass. Best way to do this is to start at the top by the tab, go around the edges & then simply peel away with your fingers. Wipe off & remove any excess resin. *The next step is to fill any of the remaining pit/crack. With one of the curing films at the ready use the glass repair resin again to put a drop or two of resin directly onto the effected area of the windscreen glass. Then place the curing film directly on top and use the razor blade to push out any air bubbles to the sides. Now with your car parked in direct sunlight (UV rays cure the resin) you will need to leave this as it is for 15 minutes on a sunny day or up to an hour on a hazy or dull day. *Once the time has passed you simply need to remove the curing film by lifting off and remove any excess cured resin by using the razor blade. Job done. Below is how mine looked afterwards. Still there but a noticeable improvement imo. Hope this helps and thanks for reading.
-
Just sorted this out for you now Simon. GLWTS.
-
Sold - thread locked
-
Looks lovely in black, ..welcome aboard.
-
Well yeah, the 12.7mm machine gun on the back would definitely do that.
-
Wow. That was a bad one. Hope all involved are ok, ...really wouldn't have wanted to be the guy getting blind sided in the back or for that matter the guy flying through the air.
-
No problem at all and you're welcome. Had my old Zed up at Horsham a few times & they really know their stuff. Green line is your before and red line is your after and in case you're wondering that'll be the power level at your flywheel. Also I'm not sure how long you've had your Zed but I'm guessing you haven't needed to get it MOT'd as yet? Just fyi with the De-Cats fitted it will fail the MOT emissions tests unfortunately. After I had my 350 supercharged I ran De-cats, so to pass the MOT emissions test you will either need to have a "friendly" MOT guy or you will need to refit the original Cats to pass. It's not a big deal really but just thought I'd mention it in case you didn't realise.
-
I sense you're joking but just in case you're not that is Fuzz Townshend fyi.
-
Agree too. The illegal guns in this country are bad but it's on another level in the states. It really is part of the reason why even if they could/did ban all of the legally owned guns in America & stopped there sales it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference purely because of the large numbers of illegally owned & unregistered firearms over there.
-
Cool. A "celebrity" I actually wouldn't mind chatting too as well myself.
-
Probably but the thing is Jetpilot if you really wanted to kill someone then you don't need a gun to do it, ...so many simple house hold items can be deadly weapons if you so choose them to be. Obviously other things too like you could use a car to run someone down or garden tools to bludgeon someone to death etc etc. It's actually something that quite frustrates me when victims or friends/family of victims blame firearms (or knives for that matter) for killing their loved one. It wasn't the firearm that did this to their loved one it was another human being. The firearm may have made it easier to do but it could have just as easily been done with a house brick. ...And we all know banning all the house bricks in the world wouldn't stop people being killed by other people. If you could magically make all the guns in America disappear over night there would still be a high murder rate over there because (and this is only imo) there is something wrong with the way they empathise with other people & relate to life in general. Something needs to change in the mentality of the general population over there before they see any large decline in murder rates imo. In saying that though obviously if all the guns did disappear over night the death rate from accidental firearms deaths would immediately drop. They do seem to be lacking in a lot of common sense gun safety handling practices over there. E.g. Don't leave a loaded gun in your bedside cabinet where your 5 year old kid can pick it up etc.
-
^^ Looks awesome Monkeybrain and that's definitely the best wedding car I've seen.