-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
You can always come on here to vent or even ask for help, ...not going to cost you a penny, well apart from your broadband/WiFi costs but still cheaper than a massage although I can't guarantee a "happy ending".
-
350z headlight brackets and Radiator support core
GMballistic replied to MattRwebB's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Might want to edit your advert just to add whether that price is for collected or delivered, ...I'd guess it's for collection but still might save you having to answer that question more than once. GLWTS. -
Some rare photographs from history (Pt 3).
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Well not entirely, ...the Thompson definitely would have had the BAR beat for ammo capacity (especially with the drum magazine) and it would have been a close race between the two for rate of fire (BAR @500-600rpm V's Thompson @600-700rpm approx). Both essentially do the same job though ~ kill & destroy stuff ~ just to slightly different degrees. -
Great video jimboy. That's the closest I've heard on video to how my old supercharged DE used to sound on WOT, ...must be the De-Cats (Test pipes) that it's running. So cool.
-
Some rare photographs from history (Pt 3).
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I agree, it was an interesting thread. Just needed more members to post in there & keep it current but as they didn't I think that's why it was archived. I did kind of guess the "RS" in your username might be for the same reason as my "GM" ~ your initials, but I did wonder about the 8055. -
It is a difficult decision to make sometimes especially if the car has other things that you really want/like about it but honestly I think you're doing the right thing. Plenty of Zeds for sale on here too btw just in case you hadn't noticed: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/ Good luck with the Zed hunt and & don't hesitate to ask for help/advice if you can't find the answer on the forum already answered for you.
-
Welcome aboard. Usually I'd move this thread to the "Technical" area or similar but I'll leave it be as you're new and technically you are saying "Hi" so it is an intro of sorts. More threads here about windscreen washer problems: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/94700-windscreen-washer-not-working/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/101628-windscreen-washers-not-working/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/67793-windscreen-washer-problem/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/93108-windscreen-washer-pump/
-
Welcome aboard Andrew.
-
Did you spot the LED at the top of one of the steering wheels Steve? ....now that is a very cool idea for the drifters imo.
-
The point is £25 is still £25. A windscreen repair kit can be bought for less than £5 plus you get the satisfaction of doing something yourself. Also some people may want to try repairs themselves if they're selling the car and don't really want to spend money on a professional job or claim via insurance. Just saying. That is "Sods Law" in full effect there.
-
[SOLD]Subaru Legacy gtb e-tune AWD twin turbo estate
GMballistic replied to Blimsa's topic in For Sale
Sold - thread locked -
Welcome aboard firstly. My own experience with my old 350Z & blistering on the rear arches would say to walk away imo. The reason I say that is I paid for some minor blistering to be repaired on my old Zed at a body shop. Literally a week after I get the car back from them the blistering under the paint is back. This time I get them to take pictures as they do the work to my Zed. They cut out portions of the rear arch where the rust was & then welded in new steel. This was then prepped, primed & painted properly ~ all documented with photographic evidence. Unfortunately despite this, around a year or so later small blisters started to appear in the same area again. Really disappointed and money down the drain. They'd done other paint/body work on my car which was fine but they just couldn't get the rear arches fixed properly. Realistically I would have probably needed new rear quarters to get rid of the rust altogether or maybe another body shop would have done the job better/right in the first place but as you don't own that 350 why not try to find one without that issue already occurring as you could be letting yourself in for a right ball ache of a job to get fixed right.
-
Some rare photographs from history (Pt 3).
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Always wondered about that! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk There once was a thread explaining a lot of the members usernames on here but alas it drifted off into obscurity & has since been archived. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/92033-explain-your-username/ -
I don't know her obviously but money does funny things to some people, ...personally I wouldn't trust any individual with £50K of my money (if I had that) and would be doing my best to get that money secured safely in my bank account or an ISA account under my name. Think you're going to need a solicitor ~ Good luck Gareth.
-
Mishimoto make some good baffled OCC's. They're about 2/5ths of the way down the page in the link below. Link: http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/make-model.html?make=Nissan&model=350Z&year=2005 Whether you think the price is reasonable though?
-
Some rare photographs from history (Pt 3).
GMballistic replied to GMballistic's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Always preferred the BAR in COD... haha. Down to personal choice I guess Yeah I went up the World Trade Centre tower (I think it was the South Tower) back in 1997. I still remember those elevators! Ridiculously fast! Had plenty of hitting power in COD yes so took less ammo to kill but in real life .45 rounds make a mess of flesh plus you have 100 rounds not 20. Big thumbs up for slaughtering capabilities. You're forgetting though Gareth that more than likely the majority of the people that "Bonnie & Clyde" were shooting at were either in cars, hiding behind cars or hiding behind furniture/walls etc. Thus they needed a hard hitting round which could penetrate objects finding it's target on the other side. The .30-06 Springfield bullet fired from the BAR would have been travelling at around 2500 ft/s (approx) in comparison to the .45ACP from a Thompson at a much lesser 900 ft/s (approx) ~ both bullets weighing in at similar weights too depending on the exact bullet so in reality the kinetic energy expelled by the BAR bullet as well as it's penetrating powers would be significantly higher than the Thompson bullet. Oh and if you're wondering that's why my username is GMballistic, ...it's my initials followed by "ballistic" because I'm very interested in ballistics & have been since I first started shooting as a young child. -
£5500 for a V8 conversion?? Sounds like a bargain! What V8 is it? A 1980s Rover jobby?! Sounds about right.
-
Great video Lewis although I didn't really like the music but then I am getting older now (below 40 but above 30). Some awesome cars there.
-
I think they did Randy, ...it was just the other way around to your picture ~ white tops with blue trousers.
-
[SOLD]Modified Nissan 350z 2004 **For Sale - PRICE UPDATE**
GMballistic replied to Grundy's topic in Zeds For Sale
^^ Too slow Andy ~ must have beat you to the punch by a few seconds. Congrats on the sale btw Matt. -
[SOLD]Modified Nissan 350z 2004 **For Sale - PRICE UPDATE**
GMballistic replied to Grundy's topic in Zeds For Sale
Sold - thread locked -
You could always try to repair it yourself as I did with my own.... Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/108635-how-to-windscreen-glass-chip-repair/#entry1627742 If you're still not happy with it afterwards, then look at getting it replaced professionally. As Dan said I can't see it negatively affecting the value of the car in the event of a future sale. I'd see it as a positive providing it doesn't leak.
-
Anyone selling 350z HR air con pipes ?!?! Its Hot
GMballistic replied to MattRwebB's topic in Wanted
Topics merged as no need for multiple threads asking for the same thing Op. Good luck. -
Anyone selling 350z HR air con pipes ?!?! Its Hot
GMballistic replied to MattRwebB's topic in Wanted
Zmanalex or Emperor Tuning would be my first idea of people to ask. Link: http://www.350z-uk.c.../9648-zmanalex/ Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...emperor-tuning/