Jump to content

Mudman

Members
  • Posts

    1,416
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mudman

  1. I went ugly early - 29.99 off Fleabay but good nick and all the promo stuff from 2003
  2. Mines at 16p off at the moment - debating with other half which would offer biggest saving - the Zed or her diesel VW kiddie battle bus we are at 130.9 a litre at the moment
  3. Meh Expat FTW
  4. Welcome - based over in Kings Lynn
  5. Spotted heading towards Hunstanton on Dersingham by pass. Did wave but a very late recognise!
  6. To whoever this was my lady friend in the Red Volvo C70 apologises as she thought it was me so was having a good old stare ! In her own words " Here must have though I was a right nutter! " Nice one Jo !
  7. Sorry the app is Navfree UK & ROI
  8. Just fitted the App Radio - free satnav app works like a dream - the radios screwed but thats an aerial issue getting fixed Thursday. Could use a few more apps but well happy and looks very good in the console
  9. Aha sounds like this could be it - HAve booked car in with the car sparks Thursday so let you know how i get on - Might even think about getting a rear view camera as the head units has to come out again and the radio has the connections for it
  10. Hi Zedders Recently replaced the aftermarket ripspeed Radio/CD/DVD mainly as it was awful, Radio reception very bad couldnt lock into stations, CD wouldnt accept discs etc. So treated the Zed to a brand spanking Pioneer App Radio and guess what ? - same issue with radio reception . Local fitters at Halford were very good and put a signal booster on plus a few other bits at no extra charge and about 5 hours trying to fix it ( thanks Jody: Kings Lynn Halfords) but still only get a signal when practically next door to the local radio station. It was noted when the drivers door was open and closed the reception flutters so he thinks its an earthing issue. MW doesn't work at all just crackling ( 5 Live listener !) iPhone music playback is fine and the apps inc satnav all work well and are clear . Halfords were pretty sure they hadn't fitted the own Brand Ripspeed or the comment was that ' I would be disappointed if a Halford fitter had done this wiring' The front spreakers would also cut out with only the sub woofer working - thats been fixed though by removing the small remote. He also commented that the aerial is the earth - have various stubbies and have a new one from Redline on but not making any difference So question is this a common problem ? any fixes or need to go into a specialist for diagnosis ? welcome any comments
  11. Filled up in Cardiff on Saturday noted mileage so will fill up again and post results - Drove her quite hard over the Beacons to Hay then mostly Motorwat and D/C home so be interested to see the results. First long drive I have done - great fun but there really are some d1cks out there that do not like being passed: on this trip was Audi/BMW drivers once overtaken decide to tail gate
  12. All mine fitted and working even got some positive comments from Scott at Abbey Didn't bother with the vanity bulbs as I reckon you would be blinded given the brightness of the dome bulbs Great kit very pleased. Simple mod. With instant cool
  13. Sorted. Torn out out by Scott from Abbey and myself yesterday !!!!
  14. Quick note of thanks to Mark, Scott and the team Had an Uprev done on my 2003 JDM. HP now 249 up from 240, Big winner was regards the sheer smoothness of the drive and response of the car. Had the Uprev, Plenum, bushes and a new Y Pipe fitted plus all the bits I've been buying but ran out of time to fit LED's Kick Plates, Front and rear gas struts. Really feels like a different car, and well worth the effort of making the long drive down to Abbey. Will certainly be back can't recommend enough how good they are and how pleased I am with the results
  15. Think the wife's away that weekend so Jungle rules apply. Might well book in
  16. Took the new girlfriend out on a date for tea and biscuits, She liked the biscuits but wasn't keen on giving the blood
  17. I did wonder what our lady forum members would make of this I have given up telling ladies I drove a Zed. Now when asked what car I drive I say a silver one JK
  18. First time I took my 11 year old daughter out I was given the circuit to use by the wife and it never exceeded 40mph. Must admit similar effect with the giggles and screams. When we got back Mum asked "Did Dad exceed the speed limit ?" to which my daughter answers "No but he didn't take long to reach it !" Never been prouder !
  19. I have the original Clint Eastwood Firefox poster somewhere and UK version comic of Star Wars number 1 but its a bit tatty. My Gran ran the local newsagent so used to get ll comics. Even had UK Marvel no1 one and 2000AD 1-10 with the free gifts living under my bed . Came back from school one day and the old man had decide to clean it up and ditched the lot. Hes still going in a home as result longest grudge ever haha !! Kidding
  20. Mudman and Mudmen!!!
  21. Did mine recently you can get XXXX ZED quite cheaply plus any footy fans lots of xxxx xFC for 250 notes. I did mine on R6 XXX (initial, Birthday and Country Code I was working to earn the cash to pay for it - ) Get at even bigger grin when looking back in the car park ! Not bad for £250
  22. Thanks. this is supposed to be of a 2006 UK zed but the backs different to the Xtrail hence the curiosity.
  23. Gday All Saw this - would it work ? and worth the hassle ? Plug out plug in ? I'm all about easy life. http://www.ebay.co.u...=item23353f0a6f Im a bit Meh, Quite fancy the Pioneer double din app radio as theres currently an ordinary ripspeed thing fitted
  24. LPG converted Zed ??? whats that all about ? any loss of performance I wonder ?
  25. I'm booked into Abbey on the 6th of March for a P1 and Uprev . My Zeds a JDM but the 112 mph restriction has been removed. Currently has Fujitsubo sports exhaust and a Pipercross airfiter - not sure if if that would yield any BHP gain but an improved lower speed response is my main hope.
×
×
  • Create New...