Jump to content

Ewen@Clark Motorsport

Trader
  • Posts

    2,019
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ewen@Clark Motorsport

  1. Thanks Matt Pagid discs and aftermarket Brembo pads are in stock and are a good quality option.
  2. We have one in good condition or can supply new OEM at a sensible price. Get in touch if interested
  3. I have a good low mileage on in stock for a DE Get in touch if interested.
  4. I see what you're saying it is always good to get end users feedback as well, I do try and encourage that when people come back to me and say they were happy with such and such a product I will always say post their findings on the forum for others to read. I think the only danger with a forum can be when people repeat things they have read or heard about a product passing it off as their own opinion when they don't actually have any direct experience of the product. So yes I see the point you are making
  5. This right here is what I hate about this site, the blatant trader shilling! The OP started a topic asking for Brake options/opinions and PRICES and yet half of the replies are nothing more than advertisements of "PM my favourite trader". Seriously why, are you guys shareholders? We are here to provide a service and personally I offer advice on what I know works not what I make the most margin on. I regularly sell CL brake pads over Ferodo for guys going serious on track as I have personally used them and know they work, I make far less on CL's but its not all about the profit margin. Selling car parts will never make me rich but its an industry I love and i'm a car enthusiast just like you guys
  6. As Shezza says avoid the dealer. We can supply a new genuine bush for £30 if the ball joint at the other end of the arm is ok this is all you will need to replace. Can also supply Superpro and Whiteline uprated bushes. Get in touch if we can help
  7. Xtreme light weight flywheel and clutch kit is in stock
  8. Far more likely to be the slave cylinder than clutch arm, it a nice Labour charge for the dealer though if they have to take your box off. It is known for the clutch pivot ball to break on higher mileage cars but not as common as slave cylinder issues.
  9. Stock pads are only available from Nissan, we can supply them at a slightly better price than the dealer. Lots of Zed owners have gone onto the Hawk HPS pads due to the standard pads creating noise. Get in touch if I can help
  10. As its runs close to the exhaust this is what seems to affect it over time but as Vlad says old fluid is normally what causes this initial problems
  11. Turriff tyres are worth a shout they do custom systems and their quality seems good
  12. Try changing the fluid first as it may be old, if that does not work it may be the slave cylinder on its way out. We can supply a slave cylinder upgrade kit if required
  13. We have a low mileage (42K) box to be removed from a car in the next week or so, get in touch if you end up needing one.
  14. I would say you would be fine with that combo as the DS2500's are not to aggressive a pad. Let me know if you need the DBA's we have them on the shelf
  15. As Dan says if you changed the clutch before causing damage to a single mass flywheel you should be fine. From experience the dual mass flywheel will almost always need changed when the clutch is worn.
  16. Dan beat me to it, spot on reply
  17. The pros of the single mas flywheel is it lighter weight compared to the heavy dual mass flywheel, this allows the engine to rev a lot more freely. The only real downside if a bit of idle chatter which if you drive in traffic a lot could be annoying but the feedback we get from customers is the benefits far out weigh this noise. I'm sure others will give their opinion
  18. Hi Jimmy, the earlier cars that have the DE engine have a different clutch to the later HR cars both run a dual mass flywheel. These also wear so when it comes time to change the clutch you will normally need to change this as well. Many owners use this as a chance to upgrade to a single mass lightweight flywheel which with its lighter mass allows the engine to rev more freely. We sell a complete uprated organic clutch kit and single mass light weight flywheel from Xtreme which has been very popular since its release http://www.350z-uk.c...nc-smf-350z-de/ We can also supply the OEM spec Exedy kit with either an OEM dual mass flywheel or single mass lightweight flywheel at a competitive price. All in stock for next day delivery. 2 to 3 hours should see the clutch changed if its a competent mechanic. Please get in touch if I can help further
  19. The single mass flywheel is a good upgrade as its far lighter than the DMF the car comes with meaning the engine will rev more freely, the only downside is some idle chatter which unless you sit in traffic a lot is not really an issue. I can supply the Exedy kit with a SMF if required drop me a PM or give us a call. Its worth noting that the Xtreme kit has been designed to minimise noise and is quieter than other setups available.
  20. The Exedy one and the Euro car parts one are both OEM spec clutch kits and are fine for normal road use, as its a dual mass flywheel it is always recommended that you change this at the same time otherwise you will have the box back out before long to change it. Some stick to the OEM dual mass and others fit a lightweight option we can supply either and I can match the price for the Exedy clutch kit. The XTD one you posted up is Chinese made and dubious quality, its also in the US so import duty and VAT will apply once it arrives. If you want to use the car hard on the road or track days then the Xtreme kit we posted up which comes complete is hard to beat
  21. Thanks Steve In stock
  22. We could supply a lightweight flywheel on its own for £325, what make was the clutch kit that you saw?
  23. Hi Dan, Well for sure the slipping in your higher gears will be where your Zed has its highest torque produced so that would certainly suggest your clutch has reached the end its life. The noise on shut down under the console could also be drive train related I suggest you get that checked out or listened to by a local garage before doing too many miles. We offer the Xtreme Clutch kit for the 350Z and is by far our biggest seller here on the 350Z Forum with excellent reviews by everyone who has had them fitted. See the link bellow... http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/95545-new-xtreme-clutch-organic-inc-smf-350z-de/ We also would highly recommend changing the cylinder at the same time we offer a braided line new cylinder and fluid as package. PM if you need more info Cheers Rich
  24. Worth calling the guys at Abbey Motorsport if you are in Surrey they are based in Oxted. 01883-732331 Could be shims or pad contamination a number of things worth giving them a shout.
  25. We have two good early DE engines in stick, get in tough if we can help
×
×
  • Create New...