Jump to content

Jp606

Members
  • Posts

    1,237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jp606

  1. Belongs to 4RE Leather on here, it's a supercharged HR monster
  2. I wax my Brembos
  3. This one?
  4. We used to feed the badgers in our garden every night, but haven't seen any for a few years.
  5. As above! The exact wax I use and it makes washing so much easier, like I say just spray on and jet wash off, no brushes needed and my brake pads are very dusty ones that cake my alloys in dust.
  6. Looks like you had a good time, nice pics That's what I love about the Z, really comfortable on long journeys and sensible fuel consumption too, then bags of power for when you want some fun. Such a great 'all rounder'.
  7. Think you've started a new phase - engine bay bling!!
  8. I'd save up a bit more/keep looking for a bargain and get one with leather etc that one looks pretty tatty. There's always lots more out there.
  9. Jp606

    Car Covers

    Yeah I have a very strict cleaning and detailing routine, so it will be clean before I cover it up.
  10. Jp606

    Car Covers

    Thought this was more suited to the detailing forum as it's more about keeping the car clean. I'm thinking about getting a fitted cover for my Z as I only use it at the weekends now, I wash it every Sunday then it sits outside all week, so sometimes it's covered in dust and spiders webs when I get in it on Saturday. Are covers safe to use? I'm thinking it may introduce swirls to the paintwork when I put it on and off and the car may sweat underneath when it's hot? What is everyone's thoughts?
  11. Forgot to add, works best if you use it in a spray bottle with a foaming trigger as it clings to the wheels better, mine are well waxed so it used to just run off when I applied it.
  12. When I strip my car back for a full detail I wash with a citrus wash (Chemical Guys), Tardis, IronX and clay it, which seems to remove everything.
  13. Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner, dilute it depending on how dirty your wheels are (up to 1:10!), lasts a very long time this way. I use this weekly and don't even need to scrub my wheels, just rinse, spray on, leave for 5 mins and jet wash off. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valet-pro-bilberry-wheel-cleaner/prod_499.html
  14. Fitted a mirrored cooling plate today, supplied by rickdon on here, very pleased with it
  15. This is so true, you come across a bunched up section of cars on the motorway sitting at 60 then when you finally get past you realise it's because there is a police car in front. Wtf is wrong with people!!
  16. Fitted my mirrored one today, very pleased with it Cheers rickdon.
  17. Jp606

    Cheek!!!

    She's only stating the truth
  18. Refrigeration engineer here, just need an air con bomb in there to clean it, definitely nothing to do with gas and more importantly nothing to do with Legionnaires as pointed out by Ekona! Unfortunately mainly due to the media, everyone thinks air con gives you Legionaires disease. It's the most common thing I get asked, along with "doesn't refrigeration have a 'd' in it like fridge."
  19. I'm sure I've seen pictures on here of someone with that setup.
  20. Flat bit toward the front, the rusty looking bit! I had the same problem with jacking when I first got the Z too, the drawing didn't really show much and like you said it didn't seem right to jack on the diff.
  21. Jack it on the flat bit, not the fins. Make sure you also sit the car on axle stands, never just rely on the jack to hold it.
  22. You won't have the knob on the HR, that's why you can't see it Best pic I've got, of mine. There's basically a flat area behind the fins on the diff, that is where you want to jack it. Edit- Found another pic of mine, should be clearer:
  23. The HR air boxes with panel filters are proven to give you the best gains if you are looking for power increase (after a remap though, you won't get any gains at all from just adding breathing mods). With cone filters etc you tend to lose a bit of power (not really noticeable) but you do gain engine noise.
  24. ^ he said he's only doing pads so won't need to take the calliper off.
  25. It's so easy, especially the Brembos, they are a joy to work on.
×
×
  • Create New...