Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. I get 4 z wheels with a trolley jack, big tube of cable ties, crash lid, lunch, 5 litre bottle of water, small tool kit and a wheel brace in on a regular basis. Don't even need to let any air out
  2. It's like the Ken Block video's, everyone presumes that they are shot in one fluid attempt. The most recent KB video was shot over 5 DAYS! At least when Monster make theirs they make sure the car has the same wheels on the rear throughout the whole thing. It's an ok video and its an amazing car and he has got some skill, but the video doesn't actually show that much, it's too quick to change from scene to scene. The helicopter slo-mo was cool though!
  3. Saw this in another thread, but slightly relevant. This guy was tracked down for bragging about dodging a parking ticket... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-22449442
  4. You bought this much wheel cleaner? That might be a tad excessive...
  5. I think you all scared him off...
  6. Having had a very brief stint in car sales, I can confirm that this is correct, and they also make far more commission off of finance deals. Offering cash isn't an incentive when the dealer has to report to Nissan which cars they have sold and for how much. Good luck and welcome though!
  7. Oh and also, I've got clients who have been waiting for far longer than usual for refunds. HMRC had an issue where their online agents portal was hacked, and fraudsters were submitting claims for refunds which weren't due to their accounts so HMRC are being really careful now. I also had someone who had a refund cheque posted to them second class to canada and by the time the thing arrived the cheque had expired! Edit: sorry for the double post!
  8. I wonder if looking at the rear damage, if they hit something like a lamppost or a road sign backwards which folded it down onto the car? There's deff a pole shaped mark in the back bumper. It's a shame though, lovely cars
  9. I work in tax, for an expatriate tax firm and we have a thing we call "intaxication" which is the feeling of excitement at the prospect of a big refund, until you realise it should have been your money in the first place Let me know if anyone needs any help the website for us if you want to check it out is globaltaxnetwork.co.uk
  10. bet this one isn't worth much: http://www.ne-motorsalvage.co.uk/pages/page_34.php?value1=NISSAN&value2=%&value3=breakers&value4=RegYear&value5=0&page_type=&mode=detail&ID=1077&PHPSESSID=180f2c3bd0480dd8d92c5fad70a56645
  11. That intake is beautiful! That will go quickly GLWTS
  12. They've done a great job, shame the colour looks different on the pics, you can't see the shine! The are going on first thing in the morning. I need to decide how to do the centre caps. the nissan badges will be staying silver, and I have some carbon fibre wrap and some red carbon fibre wrap for them. Just cant decide. Was going to do one of each and try them to see which looks best. thoughts? It's a tough one imo, I guess the biggest thing is how the red vinyl matches up to the colour of the wheels. The black might be nice, a bit of a contrast and it wont look like they are missing as they will still have the nissan badges.
  13. Thanks for the replys! I can't believe I missed that thread. Do those treatments stop it from happening again?
  14. They look great, when are they going on? Did you get the centre caps painted red too?
  15. Normally I'd say some t-cut could sort it, but if a tissue did that I wouldn't like to see what tcut would do! Who on this forum still uses T-Cut?!?!?!?!? Too agressive I would say Me.
  16. Sorry if this has been covered before, I've searched for "headlight misting" "headlight fog" "headlight clouding" and even "headlight" and couldn't see anything relevant. My headlights cloud up each year and they are getting progressively worse. It just seems to be the top layer of plastic fading from exposure to UV rays. Whenever it starts to get bad I give it a bit of a rub with t-cut and it removes the clouding but it then comes back a few months later. Anyone got any miracle ideas? I've seen some kits, but they involve sanding the light surface down and I don't really want to do that. Thanks
  17. Are you the incredible hulk or something?! That must have been some tough rubbing! Have you tried giving it a wax to see if that minimises the visibility? Normally I'd say some t-cut could sort it, but if a tissue did that I wouldn't like to see what tcut would do! Maybe a perfect excuse for you to invest in some rear carbon ones?
  18. by your disk innards do you mean: because that would probably be a bad idea....
  19. Keeeeep it! You'll regret it if you don't. Especially seeing as the major bits to do, you've already done!
  20. ah! I didn't actually click it, there's always a catch. I believe that is why the saxo became so popular, they offered free insurance to anyone and cheap finance, so people that could never afford to drive before suddenly could.
  21. I've just seen this:
  22. I'd suggest some copper grease as you're fitting aluminium spacers to steel hubs and that could cause oxidisation resulting in them being a bitch to get off. Copper grease should stop that from happening Reason for edit: Substituting "will" for "should"
  23. Whip it out! It's to make sure you don't put the wheels on the wrong way round (as in the wider ones on the front). It doesn't do anything else at all
  24. Yea could do wasn't sure if they could be replaced will find out cheers matt I'd imagine, that they should press out, as (I presume) the studs would be steel and the spacer aluminium. So it might be quite a simple swap. Or if you fancy 30mm spacers, just do it
×
×
  • Create New...