Jump to content

AliveBoy

Members
  • Posts

    6,670
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AliveBoy

  1. Just a quick one, Mishimoto do a lifetime guarantee on all their parts, even if you're in a crash they'll replace the part so long as you have a receipt. Is this still valid if buying through Clark Motorsport?
  2. That is stunning! And not in a good way!
  3. I haven't, but good find!
  4. Personally I'd say forget the mesh, it looks smart without
  5. New wing is just over £100 I think, in black. so add on painting which is anything up to about 200 plus labour of around 50 to fit the wing, I'd say £415 is a good figure. edit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-2003-Front-Wing-With-Hole-R-h-/400556091728
  6. I spent a week driving around spain and france in a fiat 500 in June, I was amazed at how heavy my clutch felt when I got home!
  7. I'm in Woking, Surrey. We can try a swap if you like, I'm sure there must be someone we can ask, I'm just not sure who
  8. My other half has a 1.1l Kia Picanto, its a great drive, crap plastics and not much poke above 50 though, but as I say, it drives very well. Vehicle tax is only £36 a year and it gets good MPG (no exact figures, sorry!). The only major downside is that they are quite feminine looking, but when I'm driving the car it makes no difference to me.
  9. Occasionally on very cold mornings a CD or 2 wouldn't play, but I'm not sure if that was the CD's themselves or the headunit itself, but as it was never all of the cd's and after 10 minutes or so they would play I'm inclined to say it was the CD's at fault. I'm not really sure in all honesty, maybe £40 or so? I can upload pictures of it when I get home tonight.
  10. I have one you can buy, HOWEVER, I've heard they are matched to the ECU, so I don't know how easy it is to use another one. You might have to either go to nissan to be robbed for a new one, or go aftermarket. Having said that, you're welcome to give mine a go
  11. Jack up from the diff on the rear to save time faffing around Only if you're using a trolley jack though!
  12. You're officially my hero now, the V3 is my fave front end! Please post pics of before during and after
  13. Agreed! When you said 'workshop' I imagined a shed at the bottom of the garden! I wasn't expecting an aircraft hanger
  14. Car looks really smart with those mods I have 3 questions for you I hope you don't mind 1) Is that a uk car? 2) did the momo boss fit ok? 3) what did you do about the airbag light? Thanks
  15. Good! basically I completely agree, like, yeah
  16. Bolts underneath x4 I believe, get something like fishing wire under the spoiler and slowly pull it along under it the break the glue, each time you get to a bolt take the wire out and then poke it through the other side and carry on. For the glue, I used a tar remover soaked into a rag which I left laid on top of the glue for a few minutes then used the rounded edge on a bottle to rub the glue away, the rounded edge prevents scratches but gets under the glue. A little bit of water with the bottle often helps to lubricate it The edge I mean is below, careful not to drag the thread on the paint though Then wipe down with tar remover again to get rid of the last bits
  17. Im pretty sure the there 4 inch bungs will measure one and see Well theres a 4" one somewhere in Woking on the floor.... free to a good home
  18. AliveBoy

    Aerokit?

    Not used them myself, but everyone I know who've used them have said good things. They made this last year too:
  19. I've lost 3 bungs around town! If it's a 3" bung I have a spare you can have for free if you pick it up. If not, theres a company on ebay who sell them for £15 each and they work pretty well.
  20. I wish! I'll be doing the small comps I've been doing this year and hopefully the ODC if it comes down this way again. Other than that I can't even think about doing comps until I have the car upto specs hopefully it will be rollcaged next year, I'm hoping to buy the cage one month, then have it fitted the next lol.
  21. Thread revival! Did you get anywhere with this bizz? I'm getting a welded diff for next season and I've heard that a welder kills the driveshafts on the z so would like some stronger spares just in case
  22. worst case is cut the valve off, most tyre places will charge £1 or so for a new valve. All they will do is cut the valve off (releasing the pressure from the tyre) whip the tyre off, swap the valve in about a second and then chuck the tyre back on. Re balance the wheel if you really want to and boom, job done! They might charge you a couple of quid for the balancing, but they also might not, depends on the garage
  23. Not from round your way, sorry
  24. As above, it depends where you're located. I'd recommend fully researching any company you would like to use with your preferred search engine, as you can always see examples of a companies work on forums etc where people are chuffed (or not) with the job done
  25. AliveBoy

    vinyl wrap

    Most places will give you a 5-7 year warranty on the wrap (vinyl) itself, so long as you take care of it you shouldn't have any issues. Also, I've never heard of the paint being taken off with a proper wrap, if that was the case, no one would have it done!
×
×
  • Create New...