Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. And far from my thoughts as to what it was
  2. I would also say, Nismo as the example in case and others, will retain a better 2nd hand value if you ever sell it, the wanted section has regular requests for Nismo exhausts. You cant also say true duals sound just as good, to you they do (and me i have one) but the op prefers the Nismo
  3. Location would help if you want them collected, good looking wheels
  4. Pretty sure thats a naked Ultima GTR running bags
  5. I think everyone has been quite honest about the Zeds shortcomings in all fairness, still doesnt mean we want an Astra, but you struggle with that
  6. Congratulations on finding possibly the dullest photo of a 350 you could I will grant you, the Astra looks good (if you like that kind of thing) and the interior is very nice, but as you say, so it should for being 10 years newer and do you honestly need to ask the question why are we still comparing, not that we are retrospectively, we are just saying we would prefer a 350 which you seem to struggle with on a forum dedicated to 350's, why is that so surprising for you? And trust me, with £30k burning a hole in my pocket i would be all over a 2nd hand GTR for a few more irrelevant grand, shall we discuss which one of those is faster, has the better interior, looks etc etc As I said earlier just trying to add a voice of reason and impartiality Did I find a dull Datsun and a shiny Vauxhall.... how strange Sent from the golf club... As i said before, very strange you should wish to do this on a 350z forum, if your really that bored you could go defend the 350z on the vxr forum for a voice of reason or impartiality I was waiting for the good old "Datsun" name to come up as a term of offence
  7. Congratulations on finding possibly the dullest photo of a 350 you could I will grant you, the Astra looks good (if you like that kind of thing) and the interior is very nice, but as you say, so it should for being 10 years newer and do you honestly need to ask the question why are we still comparing, not that we are retrospectively, we are just saying we would prefer a 350 which you seem to struggle with on a forum dedicated to 350's, why is that so surprising for you? And trust me, with £30k burning a hole in my pocket i would be all over a 2nd hand GTR for a few more irrelevant grand, shall we discuss which one of those is faster, has the better interior, looks etc etc
  8. Make sure once you have polished them up you give them a good 2 or 3 coats of wheel sealant, poor boys or other and then every couple of months. It does a great job of protecting the bare ally and cleaning
  9. Alpine Amp I really wanted an infinity to match my coaxials but so hard to get, spoke to an Audio buff friend and he said i couldnt go wrong with JL, so ordered one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JL-Audio-10w0v3-4-10-Inch-25cm-300-Watts-4-ohm-Car-Sub-Subwoofer-/251212767671?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a7d72a1b7
  10. Isnt that case for pretty much all mainstream manufacturers these days due to cost & increasing emissions targets they have to meet across the range. Toyota is a fine example, used to make some great cars, Supra, Celica GT4, MR2, AE86 etc and then only until the recently the gt86, nothing else worthy of note in that interim period. Vauxhall have got a very good target audience with their Vxr range and Nurburgring editions, but i have zero emotion towards them and they leave me cold, isnt that the key ingredient that money just cant buy when it comes to choosing a car be it an Astra or a 350? Of course owners forums have rose tinted glasses, thats why we are here, mostly it would seem!
  11. Heh, people do this with Fords as well, it amuses me A Lotus Carlton or even a 24v GSi, Manta 400, Monaro/VXR8, Magnum, Chevette HS, Firenza and of course the Bedford Rascal in the UK are all pretty desirable IMO, but if you include GM the list is endless ......... I had a Manta in my yoof and a Chevette, i had posters of the Manta400 and HSR Chevette in my garage at the time and the Lotus Carlton was just beyond belief when in was launched (wasnt it fastest saloon car in the world?) for me, the Firenza was a little before my driving days and whilst they are now classics and have a following, they are not cult cars like some Nissan, GTR series mainly, just look at the values of Hakosukas for example. Funny you mention Ford, Mk1 & Mk2 Escorts were considered boy racer cars in my early days of driving (modern day chav in name i guess) and now look at the price of them
  12. Was thinking this to myself this morning whilst stuck in traffic drinking a ltr of fuel/second. For around a year before I got it, the Zed was my "dream car" that I could actually possibly afford, so I bought one. OK, it comes with a tape deck and was designed in the 90's by an American, but I don't care, it STILL gets looks when I drive down the street, and not a single Vauxhall ever sold (baring the VX220) will do the same thing. It "only" has ~280bhp weighs as much as the moon and used tech that 15 years old but I don't care. It makes me smile every morning when I see it and I love every mile I drive in it. Would I trade it for a VXR? Yeah, but ONLY if the swap came about due to me needing to have a more practical car, and tbh id get an Audi at that stage anyway. Nowadays a big lazy NA V6 is always going to get obliterated by some tiny 4pot turbo, its just the way the industry has gone sadly. However, no 4 pot turbo ive ever heard makes such a lovely sound as my big lazy, heavy, underpowered, thirsty and impractical Zed and that's why il be keeping her until the Mrs prises the keys from my cold dead hands, or I can afford something just as impractical but faster (or a superchargher...) Exactly what i was trying to say but more eloquently put. Is the Astra a better car, probably overall yes, i have never denied that, do i want one (except to sell and fi my zed), no, i have less interest in owning a hot hatch fwd and in my opinion indiscript looking car as varying other cars much better than a Zed!
  13. Doesnt seem to be much come up on a search about 10" subs (that i could find), so looking for some advise. Budget up to a £100, not looking for spl just a good quality punchy subwoofer for under strut sub box
  14. Probably not, i could name a few without looking and that would extend to the majority of the populous where as Nissans heritage and cult car status is well known and well regarded but its a fruitless discussion, you seem to reveal in contrary opinions about 350's which seems bizarre on a forum dedicated to them and when owners show support (as i did with my Astra comment) your all too quick to jump on it and try and belittle any enthusiasm shown!
  15. My what on an old Nissan forum? I'm here because I have friends here, what's your excuse? I don't care what others think about my car, so admiration is irrelevant to me. I didn't say that an Astra would get more attention than a Zed, nor did I say it was better, nor did I say I wanted one. What I did say is that Vauxhall is by no means a 'worse' brand than Nissan, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs a sanity check. A new Astra VXR will be quicker on general roads than a Zed would, but then so it should be: It's a much newer car that weighs less and has the same power, with a turbo on it. I still wouldn't want one, but that's by the by. I am here to share my enthusiasm of owning a 350z with other 350z owners, kind of what forum about 350&370z's is all about imho, if i make some friends along the way, which i have, bonus! Also for the resources and knowledge and help, which has been fantastic. You actually said nothing about Vauxhall's, brand or otherwise you just agreed with Mr Spurs that "oh look its an old Nissan", which factually is correct, but it will still have better kerb appeal. I didnt buy my 350z for its kerb appeal, it ticked the majority of boxes of what i want from a car, in fact, i was more than surprised with the attention it gets and thats in an area where exotica is common place. Nissan vs Vauxhall as a brand, seriously Ekona, i would imagine Vauxhall would give their right arm to have the motorsport heritage and cult following of certain models that Nissan do. Its only in recent years Vauxhall have become far more credible in what they have to offer and build quality!
  16. Just adding a voice of reason in a rose tinted thread..... In many many ways an Astra VXR will be more fun to drive than a Zed and many would find it a better looking car too, mainly because it wasn't designed in the 90's..... none of that means a Zed is a bad car or everyone is stupid to own one.... if I could still drive one I would have another in a heartbeat Sent from the golf club... I think this thread has been anything but rose tinted, everyone has been more than fair with the speed of an Astra and if we cant admire 350z's for its kerb appeal on a 350z forum without "a voice of reason" i think thats very ironic. If you or Ekona seriously think an Astra has more kerb appeal than a Zed, well.........
  17. If am capable of navigating 5 Rx7's and 350z's and numerous sports bikes round for 10 - 15 years without incident i am sure i can manage a 1.4 It shouldnt be about having to be "cute" with what you say to insurance companies it should be based on risk, not topping up the uninsured driver funds and whiplash claim culture!
  18. And my old NIssan will get way more admiration than a new Vauxhall! Remind me why your both on a old Nissan forum??
  19. I agree about the SLS, a mate has one and its devastingly fast, it is the size of a small cruise liner though
  20. 0-60 is pretty much irrelevant imho, it may be great for pub willy waving but in reality how often do you get a chance to go from 0 to 60? Adding into the mix having to get it absolutely spot on to achieve published figures, a 0 to 60 dash with anything close is always going to be a 50/50 chance of winning if you ask me. Anything that is a quoted as 6 seconds or under is fast and once your down to below 4 or 5 seconds its all down to clever traction or launch control systems that are way more advanced than our 10 year old designed 350's electronics There will also be a very very clever diff in that Astra allowing for 276hp to be put down through the front wheels! But it is just that, an Astra, which blends into obscurity on the roads and on his driveway.
  21. True story. Has the RX8 come up? I was a hair's breadth from one before I was seduced by a Zed. Rx8 was on my list against the Zed, i wanted to stay rotary, but steered away as very limited to what power you can make out of a renesis engine even with a turbo or supercharger.
  22. That was a general compare the market and almost the same from my daily driver insurer who is Lifesure (usually staggering cheap) I guess we have the uninsured drivers and "whiplash" culture to thank!!
  23. Has the world gone mad, lowest quote i could get for a 1.4 Nissan Cube is a shade over £300!!!!!! I am 43, live in a nice area, no points, 9+ years no claims. My Zed is only a £100 or there abouts more than that (ltd 5000 miles) all mods declared and 4 trackdays thrown in!! I personally cant see i am a risk or a 1.4 Nissan Cube thats worth £3k!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  24. haha theres a good chance that will happen And there is a good chance you wont get such a balanced and patient response for the third time, lol Perhaps its just like one of those girlfriends you get, always looking for the next best ting but once their gone you realise what you liked about them and they were actually pretty damn good I say get rid, try something else, its not like its unique, you can always buy another
  25. If I was you I would win the auction and say you will collect when you get your diffuser!
×
×
  • Create New...