Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. Never used the clutch on upshifts on my bike, just felt right not to I have a bit more mechanical sympathy for the car, but sometimes do the odd upshift with it
  2. I hear your frustration but you don't pay road tax, neither do I or any other road user. Cyclists are most likely also motorists and for all you know pay as much if not more VED than you. Keeping roads closed after all the participants are through is stupid I agree but how do you think Olympian cyclist athletes get their experience? Lots of the participants of this event are slightly more experienced than the middle aged Lycra fetish you make them out to be. I'm sure you cheered on Victoria Pendleton Dont let the facts spoil a good story
  3. Loved every minute of my biking years, right up to the point I very nearly lost my foot Would not ride a bike on the road these days if you paid me, take it to the track, you will have 100 x the fun
  4. That tells you why there is no crowds
  5. Bet you all must be dying to get out in the rain
  6. I wouldnt care less for one weekend, a lot of roads get shut for the Airshow we have for 4 days As Ekona says, i am sure you will cope
  7. Try living on the south coast, its chaos every weekend in the summer, has taken me 35 mins to drive 4 miles, everyone wants to go to the beach
  8. Jetpilot

    Varrstoen ES6

    You should only need to polish once, so long as you keep on top of it, but have had lips polished a couple of times If you get the right wheels you can replacement lips or barrels, probably cheaper than buy a whole new one piece wheel in the unlikely event of a buckle Dont keep an eye on them, get them bought
  9. Yes I would! I need to drive my car out of my road! Wanted, small minority to spoil it for the rest of us its part of one weekend, I am sure you can survive
  10. The TT goes on for a week! F1 would be 3/4 days! Although i dont live in London and appreciate how disruptive it will be, i dont believe for one min there would be quite so much animosity if it were F1 cars or Motorbikes
  11. They do shut roads for motor racing now...its called a Rally...!!! :scare: But they don't shut down a whole City causing utter chaos this weekend. :surrender: I hope it pi55es down all weekend... I have never seen many tarmac roads shut for rallies in the city, but to go along with the theme; Would anyone complain If London was shut down for F1 like Monaco or: Or a whole county was shut down for something similar to The Isle of Man? Lets be real, Its only beacuse Its t**** on bikes, lol
  12. Jetpilot

    Varrstoen ES6

    Why not just buy a real set of Meisters or Proffesors 2nd hand, wouldnt cost that much more than a new set of the above and will always be worth similar to what you paid for them and being 2 or 3 piece you can do whatever you want finish wise
  13. I doubt anyone would be complaining if the roads were being shut for a motor race, in fact wasnt there a thread somewhere saying the government had or were allowing this?
  14. All well and good but what about people that have no choice that have to use a vehicle for work? Clearly its not aimed at them (even though they are affected - but companies like BP offer fuel cards to VAT registered businesses to get reductions in the cost) but at your lazy driver who could use public transport as an alternative. You then make driving a luxury that only the wealthy will be able to afford, plus the government wants you in your car, they dont really want you on public transport, they cant afford for you not to drive! Imho they need to offer incentives to car share, out of city parking, like a park and ride, etc
  15. All well and good but what about people that have no choice that have to use a vehicle for work?
  16. Is it not unavoidable that on a one way style road that if an accident occurs, particularly if serious, delays will be severe due to the closure as you literally have no escape route or road. Whilst increasing the capacity, its not going to stop accidents. Perhaps they need better contingency plans to get or keep the traffic flowing in such an event? But agree in part, the road network cannot cope with the volume of traffic in general. I think people should be encouraged to use m ways at off peak times, I.e 10pm to 6 am, particularly haulage compaines and in this day and age of flexible working hours, the gov need to do more to spread the volume!
  17. How racist, lol I learned my lesson in my VW days, my camper was so low you had to deflate the tyre to squeeze it between the arch and hub Mine is after all, "best of both worlds"
  18. Mine has settled a little lower from this photo, about 10mm - 15mm and in this country thats as low as i would want, still get the off scrape on the larger speed bumps
  19. No idea, did they change then?
  20. Uk steering wheel complete with control panels. In good condition, small area of lacquer peel hardly noticeable on rh side panel and very slight mark on wheel photo'd. £75 + postage
  21. I recently had delays with an item bought from me, circumstance and unforseen delays on something i was waiting for, the buyer sent a few pms and was answered promptly to keep him in the loop. Ignoring request to communicate is not acceptable, if you have paid via paypal, just open a dispute!!
  22. All standard rays will be the same size and offset, 8" fronts & 8.5" rears, offsets are somewhere in the mid 30's from memory. Bolts needed are nothing special either. To be honest if someone messaged me what size and offset they are and do they have appropriate bolts i probably wouldnt answer as i would expect them to know as they are just standard oem wheels that fit 350z's, no offence meant mate, but he probably thinks your a time waster. The tyres you bought will fit std Rays
  23. So you can get out of paying bribes by paying bribes, interesting!!!!!!!!!
  24. Advanced search on ebay of sold listings I havent check the adds, just final listing sold price so have no idea of condition etc As mentioned, advertised and sold for are completely different things http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-NISSAN-350Z-BLUE-UK-GT-/301245701491?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4623a49d73 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-NISSAN-350Z-BLUE-/301232440799?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4622da45df http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-3-5-V6-3dr-/141334650748?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20e8339f7c http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Nissan-350z-GT-Fairladyz-1Yrs-MOT-6-months-tax-/231259959206?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35d82aefa6 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-NISSAN-350Z-BLACK-/171349439300?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27e538f344 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-NISSAN-350z-BLACK-CONVERTIBLE-/321414483564?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4ad5cbce6c http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-2003-3-5-V6-Manual-FULL-SERVICE-HISTORY-BARGAIN-/271501439853?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f36bf336d http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-2004-Full-Service-History-damage-repairable-63k-easy-fix-CHEAP-/261485294229?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ce1bcf295 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-NISSAN-350Z-GT-6-SPEED-MANUAL-IMPORT-SWAP-/251533943090?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a90976132 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-/171323022282?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27e3a5dbca
  25. I went to the park with my 7 year old nephew, he got playing with another lad, he got tackled, threw himself to the ground clutching his knee, rolling around and shouting ref, ref, foul, foul! There was nothing wrong with him obviously, in my day unless your leg was hanging off you would have been called a p***y and get on with it and that was by the teachers, let alone your mates! I couldnt be too harsh on a 7 year old as he is only emulating what he sees and sadly this is the way they see the game played. Its not going to change which is the pity, just a new generation to the way the game is played. Much like F1, you never got the whining like you do these days!
×
×
  • Create New...