Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. A very generalised comment, there have been some great looking Japanese cars, Rx7, Nsx, 240z/350z/370z, Supra, Celica to name a few.
  2. I have just read some of the comments, you wont be shocked to hear some make reference to the car being parked on a single lane intimating it wasnt the cyclists fault and it was parked dnagerously, i mean how far had that cyclist come before hitting a PARKED vehicle, 100 yards!! Lets all go out this afternoon and drive down the road for a 100 yards with our eyes closed! Whilst we all are here for the love of cars if someone posts something stupid with regard to driving they get short shrift, cyclists do themselves no favours by abstaining from any blame, much better to say, he was a tw4t for not looking where he was going and ridiculing such behaviour and raising awareness to the dangers of the road, rather than apportion blame to a poorly parked vehicle!
  3. Silly fat w4nker!!!!! I admire people going out and getting fit, but really, leave the lycra in the shop! I used to work in a surf shop years ago and we used to have a chuckle when it came to wetsuit fitting with the occasional punter, i guess its no different to cycle shops and lycra!
  4. That 4 door is positively ugly I am curious that with something as iconic as the Gtr, that was the best the design team could come up with, it could have been so so much better.
  5. R35 isnt good looking, but, it does look good, in an aggressive way same for the R34. Colour also makes a vast difference to appearance. I probably dont follow the mainstream, i hate red and think the midnight blue is dull and drab, but most people love those two colours on a zed. Thank god we dont all like the same cars/colours
  6. Guess I am shallow too, I couldnt own a car that doesnt appeal aesthetically no matter how good the experience. I dont mind the coupe, but the hatch, just no. Also if I had that kind of money, it wouldnt get a look in
  7. A once good female friend who had a very addictive personality started weight training to get into shape, one thing led to another and she is now competing. Obsessive dieting, training till she is sick. I never see her anymore, she pretty much lives in the gym, very sad to see, especially the change in physique and personality to be fair
  8. A good 100kg lighter than a zed to start with
  9. I did it the other way, went from bikes to cars and it does make you realise unless you can afford hyper cars, nothing is touching a bike for speed, but and I hate being sensible, doing a bike test and jumping straight onto any big capacity sports bike is not a good move. The only consideration i would give to riding a bike again is solely on track.
  10. I would imagine a lot of zed owners have done a track day or three, its a performance car and the track is a good place to enjoy that performance, doesnt mean its been "ragged" or "beat on", if anything, enthusiast enjoyed and maintained
  11. A few shouts fot airsoft, also got into that and couldnt resist modifying those either 38 rps on my M4. Also, jetskis, yep modified, lol. Mountain bikes Wakeskating Surfing Golf
  12. Buy the real thing buddy No need for 10" fronts, 9 or 9.5 is perfect for the tyre size http://www.350z-uk.c...mgt4s-for-sale/
  13. Bradley ahead of Cal in the championship. The Honda has serious front end issues, Marquez, Cal and Miller all crashing out
  14. Thats the one, drop links
  15. 400bhp in a zed is no where near being a handful imho All depends what you are used to as mentioned, there are plenty of stacked zeds around with 276hp, let alone 400hp
  16. As of this morning: 55724
  17. Some good points above. As a road car i think the zed has enough power, but, imho on the track its either shy on some extra ponies or carrying too many pounds. However, its pretty easy to drive so you can get the best out of it, stick 400hp under the bonnet and it would be a handful, fine if your used to big hp rear wheel drive cars, but coming from std its a big step. Sometimes improvement doesnt always mean buying something faster/better, i came from a Rx7 running 500hp to a zed, although the zed is considerably slower, its just a much nicer place to be and it ticks so many boxes and i suppose thats where i end up the same point as you. I am missing some more grunt, but unless my budget sky rockets, there is nothing that floats my boat unless those box requirements change. In an ideal world as Ekona says, i would have a track focussed car and nice weekend pride and joy, but i dont drive the zed enough to warrant replacing it with 2 at the moment. So i am seeking the holy grail.
  18. I have read a similar thread on this and cant remember the answer, its a component not shocks or springs though. Possibly banana arms.
  19. I find myself in a similar situation, but cant justify pumping that kind of money into my zed. I would love a more track orientated car, elise, vx220 etc but I wouldnt be inspired to drive on the road, I.e road trips etc and cant have both. E46 is just too close to the zed imho. Porsche, well just no for many reasons. 370z, would prefer a sc'd zed for the money. I have been trawling the classifieds with nothing jumping out at me. R34 GT T is about the only thing i am inspired by at present and not so sure thats a step on. Good luck in your search.
  20. Interesting chat during practice. Yamaha lap times this year are up by .5 seconds, Ducati .7 and Honda, exactly the same as last year Got to mention Ducatis special qualifying engine, 361 kmh, about 225mph
  21. Or a 2nd hand set of originals that will always be worth similar money, imho of course
  22. Never found the peddle firm after a brake pad swap, very soft and spongy till the pads bed in, only a suggestion
  23. Most companies do ltd mileage discounts, i have one with Reis.
  24. Could it be just because the pads are new, takes a while for them to bed in and get some bite (as they say), hate that new pad feel
  25. Just had a look at specs. I would go front 8.5 et15 & rear 9.5 et15 or et22.
×
×
  • Create New...