Jump to content

smudgedon

Members
  • Posts

    2,417
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by smudgedon

  1. You might be lucky and get offered a speed awareness course which means no points but the fee Oscar nearer £100 than the usual £60 and you have to sit through a 4 hour session I've done one and actually found it very informative
  2. I've got a y pipe and standard back box that will be available from this weekend Drop me a PM
  3. Gotta love a good thread that sparks debate FYI the Mrs is 23 and has been driving 3 years. In that time she's had various bumps, 1 accident that was her fault and a TS10 (going through a red light) I trust her driving in the corsa but she often does silly things like undertake people, not enough observation at junctions and she's god awful at parking. (DISCLAIMER - NOT ALL WOMEN ARE BAD AT PARKING, BUT THIS ONE IS) I'm back from my travels now anyway so the time has gone. No doubt she'll ask to drive it again and I'll let her on a fairly empty road with me as a passenger. The whole issue was with her doing a 200mile trip on her own with me out of the country. No way I could have helped or made sure she and the unfamiliar car to her was ok
  4. It's not like I'm going to make a decision based on the opinions from the forum it was a general discussion thread
  5. Women for you i agree with your principle As i said before its not the fact shes a woman, i wouldnt let my best mate drive the zed
  6. I'll give you that one
  7. no There's a new "oops patch" on her front bumper....
  8. I take all your points on board, however after a phone call last night with her my mind is made up We use the pub car park across the road as we know the landlord well, and 9 times out of 10 you'll park on a slope. Despite me advising her to put the car in gear when she does this as the corsa has a handbrake with the strength of a small rodent, she rarely does. I also always advise her to start and stop an engine with the clutch down, just what I was always taught and is common sense We were both in her car when she parked up the other night and she parked facing up the slope, so I told her to put it into 1st while it's parked to save it going anywhere which it's done before. My last words to her were "you HAVE to start it with the clutch down or you'll go into that wall when you turn the ignition" Can anyone guess what the phone call was about?
  9. As said on FB Andrew I love your London pics
  10. I'm just up the road in Sutton/Wallington Fair few of us round this way
  11. No problem... The Strut Brace lights are an Askari special.... Have a look around the forum for username:Huskie, Comapny:Askari and lighting... Can't find anything Would you consider selling your setup? Still interested in the led strut brace setup mate
  12. Never seen one in white! Good luck Ian
  13. Tarmac sportz - don't let ya Mrs near it
  14. Tarmac sportz - givus ya money!
  15. +1 - instead of broadcasting it to a load of zed geeks that don't even know her Her being my gf doesnt change it. Ive told her no anyway it was just a thread to gain some opinions and spark a discussion
  16. Her being a woman is nothing to do with it I don't let anyone drive my car apart from the garage if it goes in for work for obvious reasons As for me letting her drive it when I've had a few, what's wrong with that? I'm in the car with her. She's talking about a solo 200mile trip. If I'm in the car then it's ok (just about, her driving scares me) but this is about her wanting to venture on her own in my car Vik - I've got an amg day lined up for her bday next year, still doesn't mean she's driving mine without me
  17. Certainly wouldn't let my kids drive it if I ever do have any! The way I see it, its my car that i pay for and she has her car that she pays for. To do a 200mile motorway journey makes sense to use little diesel corsa Ive been with her 3 years and shes had numerous "bumps" in her car and ive seen her stuggle to park her little corsa either in a bay or parallel park almost every time. She is not a confident driver yet she thinks she can just jump in my car and be fine Yes if i want her to drive my car i have to give her the chance, but i dont want her driving it. She has her own car for getting around
  18. She's not my wife btw guys, I refer to my gf as the Mrs Josh knows where I'm coming from by the sound of it
  19. Forgot to mention that it's my fuel she'll be using btw.... Her driving is....interesting.....various scuff marks all over her car from "little bumps"
  20. The Mrs has her own car, a little diesel corsa which is great for zipping round town and returns great mpg on long runs. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever However, understandably she loves the chance to drive the Zed which I finally let her do the other week when I had a few too many drinks at a friends. I'm very protective over my cars and she is the 1st person that I've ever let drive my car except for garages obviously She did ok but didn't thrill me with confidence. So I said she can drive it in emergencies or if I want a drink which she happily agreed to I'm now away for a few days and she's going up to Bedford (100mile drive each way) to see her family. I get a text saying "can I take your car?". My reply is no because I'm not there and it'd be cheaper to do the 200miles in her diesel car. So now shes got the huff with me.... She's on my insurance as a named driver, purely because she brings the premium down by several hundred pounds a year! What are your thoughts?
  21. Kinetix plenum with the orange cover looks good
  22. Damn
  23. LOVE this one!!!
×
×
  • Create New...