Jump to content

smudgedon

Members
  • Posts

    2,417
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by smudgedon

  1. Want it slightly louder than this, and this is with Berk HFC's apparently
  2. I wave when I see it parked up
  3. Don't think it was me but I was around Sutton at that time
  4. From fiddling with my rear bumper today, looks like they're just screwed into the bumper in 3 places
  5. No bull about it sir Cruise control was stuck on at 80mph, only went down to 65ish once for about 2 miles 93miles of motorway, 6 miles of 50mph dual carriageway and about 1 mile of 30mph to get me home When I'm doing 70 on a long run I get about 29-30mpg. All about how you drive and what the rest of the traffic is doing I didn't touch the brake apart from once on the motorway, meaning the car was doing little/no work to keep me at cruise speed I've reset the avg MPG computer when doing 50mph in average speedworks before and after 10miles it showed me 36MPG Maybe I should reset the computer and let it get a new mpg count. I don't do any motorway driving in my Z so that maybe why? If you dont do any motorway miles then you'll get nowhere near that all about keeping a constant speed, looking ahead so you don't need to brake and accelerate all the time and just keeping the car moving with the minimum amount of effort
  6. Looks like I'll be taking other to an auto electricians. Bumper off (easier than I thought) and all the wires and connections seem fine Got a live coming off the reverse light going into the module, an earth from the module connected to the chassis of the car, remote cable going into the wiring grommet for the audible beeps I'm guessing. All connected fine and no breaks or kinks in the wires, but doesn't want to work
  7. I'll be there just for you Think the plan now is decats, motordyne xyz, nismo centre n backbox Not cheap though
  8. I've seen you around too, quite a few people this way?
  9. Hmmm interesting Nismo is what i want for the back too
  10. You say "change them over" for mot time, is this a simple diy job?
  11. Thanks Pete
  12. Lovely example Mind me asking how you did the LED strut brace?
  13. Correct, my finger slipped on the number pad! I can only assume that the engine is having to work less to oush the car along at 70mph due to the 6th gear than it is at 56mph. Bit like it's more economical to go up a hill at 30mph in 3rd than it is in 4th, as there's less strain on the gearbox and engine Hope you're alright mate, should have text me would have happily taken you home
  14. Just wanted to get an overall feel for people's preference Obviously the decats are cheaper and louder, but you need a friendly MOT'er and a bit of luck with the police HFC's are more expensive but fully legal So what have you got/what would you opt for?
  15. No bull about it sir Cruise control was stuck on at 80mph, only went down to 65ish once for about 2 miles 93miles of motorway, 6 miles of 50mph dual carriageway and about 1 mile of 30mph to get me home When I'm doing 70 on a long run I get about 29-30mpg. All about how you drive and what the rest of the traffic is doing I didn't touch the brake apart from once on the motorway, meaning the car was doing little/no work to keep me at cruise speed I've reset the avg MPG computer when doing 50mph in average speedworks before and after 10miles it showed me 36MPG
  16. No bull about it sir Cruise control was stuck on at 80mph, only went down to 65ish once for about 2 miles 93miles of motorway, 6 miles of 50mph dual carriageway and about 1 mile of 30mph to get me home
  17. I've been driving on the motorway for about 80% of my driving life so I know how to keep a good speed without diminishing my mpg
  18. Jesus.... Is anything salvageable from that?!
  19. So after nearly a month of ownership, I love it Great cruiser on the motorway, returning much higher MPG than i thought at 80mph Great looks, great sound, so comfy, fun round the twisty B roads and can't wait to make my own little touches So far i've added the bonnet lifters and the brushed aluminium Nismo gear shifter Few pics from my cleaning session yesterday
  20. Think this might be bumper off job...can see the sensors by the reverse light but need better access
  21. Cheers guys Will report back over the weekend after some fiddling
  22. Reverse light defo comes on every time I select reverse
  23. Something to fiddle with this weekend then
  24. Maybe you havent got close enough to anything or maybe the switch wasnt connecting when in reverse? Does you bumper have 4 little sensors on it? You dont have an import do you? Nope not an import and I can't see the sensors anywhere! It beeps when you put it into reverse initially so you know it's engaged. Sometimes I can get it to do it and sometimes I can't. Where is the switch located?
  25. For the 1st time today, i realised that i have rear parking sensors as when i reversed into a space there was an audible beep that got quicker and quicker as i got closer to the wall Never had this happen before, and i must have reversed dozens of times since owning the car for a few weeks Are they standard on the 350z? Any idea why it's only just started happening?
×
×
  • Create New...