Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. I had a few comments like that from work mates before they actually saw the car and then when they did they suddenly changed their tune. To me a hairdressers car has always been something convertible with not much go. Like a KA convertible, MX5 or Porsche Boxster?! Basically cars which are convertible and don't have enough power to make them true performance cars. Although in saying that the MX5 isn't a bad car nor the Porsche. I did loose track in the end of the positive comments the zed got. Everyone from kids shouting out "nice car mister" as I drove past, Mister? Were you driving through the 19th century?
  2. I can't help you decide but while I think about it Did anyone see that show about the bloke deciding which expensive car to buy? I mean all that needless wealth, would have been much better in the hands of a charity feeding hungry kids or something. BMW would be my pick if it's the Coupe.
  3. It's taken me like 2 years to put up 200 odd posts, I might get my sticker next year at some point if I'm lucky.
  4. Claim off her insurance, that will show her who's responsible....
  5. I only fill mine up if I'm travelling any distance and £30 usually lasts me a few weeks like you I see little point in carrying all that extra weight. Pete In truth, I'm much like yourself, I don't travel that far that often so don't often fill the tank to the top. When I'm going far I'll fill it to the top but no point in overloading on fuel as like you say £30 lasts quite a long time.
  6. this i believe I was wondering what the picture was getting at to start off with but when I quoted you the img is called splat.jpg.
  7. Wonder what happens when you get hit by another vehicle in that thing?
  8. I don't ever fill my tank to the top, the extra weight saving allows me to take on VXRs in the traffic light GP.
  9. oops double post
  10. Now that I think about it, a few months ago my clutch was 'clicking' when depressing / releasing during normal driving although stopped doing it now. Regarding the fluid/braided line Abbey don't think that they will help my situation, have you had success personally with it? I haven't needed it tbh, although the fluid is hygroscopic and absorbs moisture over time altering it's compressability, you can tell by the colour quite often I would definitely check the helper spring, you can see it on the pedal from underneath the dash, it could just be the pressure plate springs are knackered and have lost their spring unfortunately Okay thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll take a look at the helper spring when I get a chance.
  11. Now that I think about it, a few months ago my clutch was 'clicking' when depressing / releasing during normal driving although stopped doing it now. Regarding the fluid/braided line Abbey don't think that they will help my situation, have you had success personally with it?
  12. I've had the car about two years, it's gotten progressively heavier over the last 6 months to the point where it's actually just making me lose interest in driving the thing. I'm guessing in all likelyhood if I want to fix it a replacement will be the only option. Yeah, the clutch is lighter than compared to the clutch in the silverstone experience day single seater thing that I done but I only drove that for 30 minutes, I didn't have to drive it 2 1/2 hours home. I'll take a look see if I can find the how to!
  13. Hi Guys, Quick bit of advice needed if anyone has any. My clutch has been for a while getting very heavy to use and squeaking intermittently, I'm wondering what I can do to remedy the situation. I asked Abbey Motorsport to have a look over it while it was in for a service and although they agreed that the clutch is heavy they said it doesn't need replacing. The only way to fix the heavy clutch according to Abbey is to have the thing replaced, now the clutch isn't slipping, juddering or anything like that it just makes my foot ache after about 10 minutes. I've also read some people on here having heavy clutches but they never seem to come back with a resolution, I've seen the clutch slave kit being banded about as well but Abbey do not think this will rectify the problem. Has anyone ever had a heavy / squeaky clutch and managed to fix it? If so was it just a straight replacement of the clutch? I cannot believe this as Abbey have said other than it being heavy there isn't much wrong with it (they couldn't get it to squeak, only tends to do it when really cold). I've no problem with replacing the clutch if that's what the problem is but rather not pay out £600 when it's just a spring or something.
  14. Typical, turns out there is a 'fault in the area'. Heard that one a few too many times.
  15. Yeah and it doesn't help that their helpdesk are a bunch of useless so and so's either. You'll need to get through to their 2nd line support guys, which will take a miracle. You're just talking to a bunch of people reading off a script who will after a hour of talking do you a line test. At my old property I had about 5 engineers attend my house, 1 senior engineer I had everything from the exchange to my house replaced and it still wouldn't work properly, my theory is that VM works fine for people that use it lightly, if you game, stream etc then forget it. In my area of course. One of the engineers even admitted it was over subscribed crap as he was leaving. Could be that you are getting throttled. I know BT throttle me on Peer to Peer downloads I wish I was downloading, however I'm the only one that's about at the moment and all I'm trying to do is play BF4 and I'm getting 0.20mb/s. That's not throttling, that's a fooked service.
  16. Yeah and it doesn't help that their helpdesk are a bunch of useless so and so's either. You'll need to get through to their 2nd line support guys, which will take a miracle. You're just talking to a bunch of people reading off a script who will after a hour of talking do you a line test. At my old property I had about 5 engineers attend my house, 1 senior engineer I had everything from the exchange to my house replaced and it still wouldn't work properly, my theory is that VM works fine for people that use it lightly, if you game, stream etc then forget it. In my area of course. One of the engineers even admitted it was over subscribed crap as he was leaving.
  17. Yeah and it doesn't help that their helpdesk are a bunch of useless so and so's either.
  18. It's done it at several different addresses with multiple 'Superhubs', I know they are total @*!# but can't have had 5 defective ones.. Surely??
  19. I'm down in the BN13 area, I've never had a good experience with it. On the other hand with Sky I never once had a problem, wish I stayed with them and didn't get lured in by the high speed claims. I'll take a look at that Grundy but as it's not my house I'll wait a little bit.
  20. Is it just my area that is just constant tripe or is VM terrible everywhere? I can't go more than 1-2 days before something breaks. Today I've got a download speed of 0.20mb/s instead of the 60 we're supposed to get. Over subscribed piece of shite, I had it at my old place.. Got rid because it never worked, moved in with my other halfs parents to save money only to find they have VM too and guess what, it doesn't work half of the time. Sometimes it will just randomly drop out for 10 minutes, sometimes it will drop out all night, sometimes it will work. A quick search of the internet reveals that a lot of people seem to suffer from the same crap service. All I know is I want to play BF4 with my afternoon off but I'm getting what is referred to around here as VD (virgin denial). Bit of a rant I know but as I'm not a VM customer, I can't phone up and make their lives miserable. So you lot will do!
  21. Why take pictures whilst hanging from the ceiling? I wouldn't buy a car from a vampire.
  22. I questioned this with Admiral last time as it was cheaper to leave my car on my previous addresses road than it was on the drive way, the road was a bus route where numerous cars had been hit as it's quite a tight road. I also raised the point of 'what happens if I've insured it to be parked on the road but because there is no space to park I put it on my drive way, will you still pay out?' Answer I got was yes, they will still pay out. So it makes even less sense.
  23. His car isn't a RevUp model?
  24. I guess it depends, my experience of the traders on here is a mixed bag really.
  25. I've got the non res version and personally I think it's brilliant, not too loud if you're just going around 30s/40s/50s/60s etc can be a bit droney on the motorway up an incline..
×
×
  • Create New...