-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
Wow, you're getting ripped off! I recently had to price an OEM back box with Nissan main dealer, £298.69+VAT.
-
I have this one... http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165732 Feels pretty good in your hand and makes the shift shorter than OEM, which I like. Plus search eBay and the likes, think I got it for about £25ish.
-
Land Rover doing 60 in 6th vs a Zed doing 60 in 3rd/4th is how I would imagine a perfectly fine working TCS system would catch the OP's ass in this situation. Riding in a lower gear would have left him higher up in the power band and a tiny blip on the throttle in less than perfect conditions could easily send the Zed facing the wrong way. Few weeks ago I turned off a round-a-bout in 2nd in decent conditions at about 40, hit the pedal a little too early and the TCS kicked my ass for it. Easily done until you learn the car.
-
So there are supposed to be bushes at that joint? How come the drivers side doesn't have one and isn't squeaking?
-
Hey Dave, I think i've pestered Alex enough the past few weeks about parts and advice lol But as I said I was going to get the standard Brembo pads, they'll be coming from him if he has any in stock, a long with a few other parts. Just getting everything I need together so it can all be shipped together
-
Ok, I seem to have answered by own question after stumbling across another 350 forum. 322mm rear, 324mm front. I guess I didn't even think of the 322's being for the rears as I've been on bikes for the past 10 years and generally their rear brake is significantly smaller than the fronts. Sorry about that. Please delete me
-
Hey, I'm looking around for a set of discs, definitely for the front, and possibly the rear, as well, but yet to have a good look at the rears to see if they need replacing. Anyway, on searching for front for my GT, I'm coming up with 3 different sizes, all of which are advertised for the 350Z GT. 325mm, 324mm and 322mm. Assuming 324mm is the "correct" size as that's the size of the Brembo's I seen, would the there two be fine to use, or would the extra 1mm, or 2mm smaller, cause any problems? I'm probably going to be buying the standard Brembo pads if that makes any difference, and the car won't be tracked or driven to what you guys would call hard/spirited. Thanks for your help.
-
Hey, I've been trying to locate the cause of the squeak when going over speed bumps or uneven roads, the only thing I can possibly find is this... It's the lower rear wishbone of the front near side suspension, and it has red poly bushes. Seeing as they are red and not black, they are obviously after market, but that would be fair enough, except that the drivers side doesn't have any bushes at all and isn't squeaking. So... 1. Are there supposed to be any bushes there at all? 2. Why may they have been put there in the first place if there isn't supposed to be a bush there? 3. Should I just remove them and see if that fixes the squeak? (I've already greased them up the best I can and it didn't make any difference.) Thanks, Kyle
-
I could play the game (not that game ) and title myself up, but at the end of the day I'm just a factory worker, making clinical trial kits for the biggest pharmaceutical companies around. (Yes, we trialed Viagra before you ask, no I don't have any spare ) I'm a 28 year old singleton who probably comes under the "poser" category due to my limited real driving experience and my long line of Italian bikes I have owned.
-
Dealers and private sellers are selling a car like yours for about £6.5k at the moment, £5.5k trade in is actually a good price. At the end of Feb I bought pretty much exactly the car you're selling except in Kuro black for £6.5. With a bit more negotiating, I probably could have got another couple of hundred off.
-
Dealership Praises and Woes NOW inc Independants
KyleR replied to MITZ@CougarStore's topic in Servicing
Just had my P3 done yesterday also, but at Shelbourne Motors Nissan, cost me £190 all in and that included them looking at a few specific things that I noted for them. Downside, like Renegade, is the things they noticed that I need to fix. New Back box, front N/S wishbone/bushes, rear struts and O/S headlight ballast. All in that'd cost about £1k, but hopefully i'll be able to source the parts myself and sort it out. -
Everyone seems to sell at the same price, hmmm decisions decisions lol How about a shipping fee fight? Im going to PM Alex after I post this to see what he has, plus I need a few bits and bobs from him anyway, such as a head light ballast and a few of the little plastic poppers for splash guards and bumper. Also, as I mentioned before, gonna check out that place near me after having a look at the exhaust myself to see what, if anything, they can do.
-
Thanks for the replies. Been asking around work and there's a place quite near me who makes custom exhausts, so I'll go see him tomorrow before committing to purchase. I'll also PM those mentioned when I get the chance (probably late tonight) to see what they have to offer. Thanks again.
-
Hey, I'll apologise in advanced if this in the wrong place, I'm currently in work Anyway, just got the car back from Nissan after the big P3. There are a few things I need quite urgently for the MoT in the next week or so, one of these being a new exhaust back box as the current one is, well, f**ked! All the other things I've already found sorces for in here, it's just the backbox that I need a contact for. So could someone please be as kind to give me a list of he traders on here who can supply please? Considering the price Nissan want for one I might as well go after market, but if there is someone on here who does OEM much cheaper then I might be interested. Thanks, better go back to work now before I get scooped!
-
I want lighty uppy steering wheel buttons
-
I know how you feel mate, I think we've all bought a car or motorcycle in the past that turns out to be less perfect that we thought and if it's severe enough (like yours) you just don't want it anymore. No matter how much time you take looking over it, there is always something you miss or don't notice. I bought mine at the end of Feb and starting to find a few bits and pieces now that need fixing or are only rearing their ugly head now that the good weather is coming in, like my drivers window being temperamental, or little scratches I couldn't see in the dull light on Feb. But I still love this car and most of the things are pretty easy/cheap fixes. Hopefully she'll be perfect by the end of the month again, then the real modding can commence
-
Have you actually tried what the OP did to fix it? I don't see it listed in the things that you have done. There is a large grey plastic box on the circuit board for the amp in the boot, sometimes this is a little lose and needs a bit of a fiddle to make a clean connection again. I stuck about 5mm thick of paper to the top of it and reassembled the amp again to fix a small problem not to long ago.
-
A new key from Nissan costs £160, a new key from a locksmith is only a few pennies cheaper from the quotes I got. It'll probably cost you a good bit more if they have to come and get into your car first.
-
The only thing the JDM has that i'd like to have on my UK GT is the dipping mirrors on reverse. But thats really not worth the extra insurance cost and other things that would bug me like the limiter (even if I won't go faster) clocks in KM etc.
-
If it had average mileage for the year, circa 50k, i'd say about £8k, but since it has such low mileage, I think JetSet is right with around £10k. However I think more people are less concerned about the actual mileage of the car now-a-days and more about it being well serviced and cheap because these engines will run forever. Average price where I am for an 04 GT with about 60k is £7k advertised, with sellers accepting anything about £6k really. knock £500 off for non-GT.
-
Thats pretty cool, but I bet i would get confused with the other numbers and read the time as 8 when its only 4 lol
-
That really sucks! I'm annoyed enough after buying my Zed and finding I need a new light ballast, possibly a drop link (hopefully not banana arm) and need to sort some wiring out on a side light.
-
Definitely illegal unless the car pre-dates the change over to the white & yellow plates (1970... something I think, but I can't remember specifically which something at the moment. ). Yup, you're right, did a bit of googling and the switchover was 1/1/73. However, I can not find any reference from the DVA/DVLA/ETC about the plate having to be a solid plastic plate. Just mentions spacing, sizing etc and reflectiveness.
-
What about the legality of using vintage style plates? With them being black with white lettering, they would blend in very well with my Kuro Zed
-
Code grab. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27472&p=398963&hilit=engine+code#p398963