Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. I think that's because it attractive if a woman has good taste in cars. Most guys driving Evo's and Impreza's are tossers, but that doesn't stop them being a very very good car. Audi TT convertible is a great car, especially the 3.2 V6 DSG, but a guy driving it is usually perceived to be having a mid life crisis or a poser, woman driving it, HOT! Not because the car looks pretty good, but because she has the 3.2 V6 rather than the puny 1.8 150bhp model.
  2. I believe there is definitely masculine and feminine cars, but it really shouldn't be a factor in if you buy it or not. Z3 is feminine, the Porsche Boxster is feminine, Jag XK's are masculine, Z4's are masculine, Aston Martin's are masculine, TT's are feminine.... I think a lot of it has to do with the front of the car, aggressive = masculine. My Zed's called Norman
  3. Front tyre 245/40, rear 275/40, that will leave the front tyre circumference less than 1% less than OEM and the rear tyre exactly the same. That's the best solution I can find to insure the traction control works correctly. I don't know much about the offsets, sorry.
  4. And it had Rays
  5. That's a good deal! At the end of the day it only costs them about £35 in parts to do a service if its well maintained and the owner checks and tops up fluids regularly, the rest is 2 hours overpriced labour, so should be easy to get cheaper.
  6. I hesitate to ask 'HOW?' Should we even go down this road? Am I just being naive? And surely no one is that desperate? 12 volt power outlet?
  7. There's a Vauxhall dealer quite close to me, £99 for service up to 2.0l, exact same deal as my Nissan dealer does.
  8. Unfortunately it's no good to most people on here, it's Shelbourne Nissan in Co Armagh Northern Ireland.However, looking at the OP's quote, it would be cheaper for him to get a ferry over here and have it done
  9. Holy crap! My local Nissan charge P1 - £170, P2 - £230, P3 - £250. I just did a P3 there and got it for £190 because I'm nice They also do a 3 year service plan for £360ish and the next 3 services seperate would cost £570. This also includes 3 years RAC recovery and an added 10% discount on all parts that may be needed in those 3 years, although it's still cheaper to go elsewhere for most parts.
  10. Limp Bizkit does it for me, Just keep on rollin'...
  11. Crap, you're right, I forgot about the button.
  12. Not exactly sure I understand what you mean by "harsh". I just had my OEM exhaust fixed as I bought it with the flange to the back box broken and didn't know It used to sound great, now it sounds like a normal commuter, until I hit the 5000+ marker and I get 10% of that V6 growl back again.
  13. They welded the extension to the back box piping and clamped it onto the mid pipe incase in the future i'd like to swap out the back box for something a little less wimpy. It doesn't look pretty, but unless I happen to reverse over someone, no one will see it. It's a really strong looking weld so it should hold up for as long as it takes me to save up and beg the insurance company not to destroy me for changing the zorst.
  14. I would assume it's just screw off like the manual. If it is, then i'd just buy one of the Nismo one's or something similar with no markings.
  15. KyleR

    Exhaust

    Just had it patched up to get my by in the mean time, especially for MoT, but now it sounds like a dead kitten, rather than the 200 kilo lion it used to be. Definitely going to be upgrading the system in the near future, I feel like i'm driving a Primera
  16. All fixed, and sounding like complete crap! The girlfriend has a Kia Picanto with more grunt! It does seem much more responsive though...
  17. They'll just chop off the flanges and weld the 2 pipes together, if the gap is too big they'd just wrap them both together and weld. Some people prefer not to do that because they cant just add a back box in the future, but more than likely both flanges are fooked so you'd need a midpipe too anyway, which comes with most aftermarket exhaust for 350z.
  18. Like this? Should only cost about £50 to repair while you save for the aftermarket exhaust you were probably going to buy eventually anyway
  19. I'd have gone with the Nismo CF one too, except I can't justify spending £80+ on a gear knob so soon after splashing out on the car and I thought the brushed look matched the interior silvers just right
  20. Nope, I've had a look at a few traders websites and the prices all seem pretty good, although i've decided to get mine patched up by a local company just to get it passed MoT and let me save up for a more long term solution of a new exhaust. Cobra backbox and mid pipe £326 all in with the same guys who are patching up the exhaust, or a custom for around £200. Decisions decisions
  21. True, but I'm thinking since there are soft bushes where I don't believe there should be, it may actually be those squeaking after becoming slightly dislodged. They don't look very straight... Basically I think if there actually isn't supposed to be any bushes there, i'll take them out and see what happens, then if it's still squeaking, i'll move onto other options.
  22. Yes, buy that and fit it to the cradle in the "arm rest" and connect via bluetooth, passcode is 1234 I think, if not, 0000.
  23. Looks like great fun, but i'd feel a bit out of place amongst the great company of a Carrera GT, Ferrari's, Lambo's etc...
  24. Wouldn't be concerned as others have mentioned, so long as up until now it has decent history. P3 will cost upwards of £250, so knock that off your offer. Talk to the seller, ask if he has done his own servicing as well, if he says no, then you know the complete history, if he says yes, then there's a chance there has been a few extra oil changes. I know what you mean about keeping the stamps in the book, I'm in the same boat. I actually know one of the mechanics in my local Nissan dealer, who will happily service it on the cheap outside of work, but obviously no stamp. What's the thoughts on having him sign it anyway instead of a stamp?
×
×
  • Create New...